British Speedway Forum

Have a look on the performance of the Danes through the whole match.

When we gated well, we could not hold the speed and ended third or last.

So why should heat 25 be a difference ?

What an absolute load of rubbish. He shut off, anyone who says different is as bad as he is.

Heat 23 was a farce. Who's side was the referee on?! How could he stop the race when no one fell? Oh hang on, was it an English referee? ;)

Talk about a biased ref. :rolleyes:

Our boys did not deserve a silver medal they rode their hearts out, we will never know if Scottie would have beaten Pk but what Hans Anderson did was a disgrace, to let Pk go by like that Nordic teams sticking together, if we can't win we will let sweden through, whats the matter with these people, Hans makes a dam good living over here lets hope no Elite Team want him next year.

Guest Milly

I don't like Pedersen either, but I'll only kncock him when it is called for.

Andersen spoilt a good meeting.

I hope all Witches fans give him a reception he'll never forget.

i've yet to see anyone say Sweden didn't deserve their win. They surely did, and well done to them.

The controversy is really about Andersen's tactics which have taken the discussion away from the racing. He was bang out of order, and not for the first time.

It's just a shame that his actions have diminished what was a great world cup.

Talk about a biased ref. :rolleyes: [/font]

I can't disagree with that Sting - we had more than our fair share of dubious decisions tonight, but it doesn't alter the fact that Andersen is a ####er. :wink:

Guest JY2003

Obviously Middleditch didnt pay the Danes enoug money

Well done Sweden, and well done GB.

Hans Andersen what a pr-tt, does he know the meaning of "sportsman"? :mad:

Not sour grapes for me as I think PK would probably won the race anyway and I'm sure that he would have rather won by his own efforts than have a Dane helping him.I feel sorry for Scott he didn't have much luck tonight but at least the Ipswich fans know that they have one sportsman in their team and it definatly isn't Andersen! :angry:

seem to recall the Aussies doing something very similar at the World Cup Final at Coventry... was that 1999??

think it was Crump that 'threw' the meeting so ENGLAND didn't win that night... good to see he was blackballed by all the UK promoters :blink:

I don't think Curmp and Adams did do what they are accused of that day, they were just out gated and could not pass.

Steve, as someone who has rode, do rider actually shut off like that on the 2nd bend if they are "spinning there ** off"?

Guest Milly

Mick Bates is a crap ref - we get him regularly. I agree with that. However, the Danes always cheat when the SWC or SGP is in Denmark by preparing slick tracks. They even tried it at the last SWC in Britiain by ordering Sheffield to prepare a slick track.

Perhaps because there was some dirt on tonights spoilt their fun.

there are 4 riders in every race, why does one stop and three keep going?[

Because he saw a red light & the others didn't. Scott is a racer & wouldn't shut off & put his hand up for no reason. If you can't say anything sensible don't say anything.

but it doesn't alter the fact that Andersen is a ####er. :wink:

He's certainly changed my opinion of him. I think Fiveone wrote on here weeks ago about how dirty he was getting. How many times has he been like that on sky now?!

Groundhog Day on the forum (again) :angry:

yes andersen did cheat, but i think the brits were lucky in a few referees decisions, i think nicholls should of been excluded in one race after he picked up drive going into the first bend and wiped someone out, the ref could do nothing about the race where nicholls stopped cos he saw the red light

and i dont think it will be long before we see that young pole over here, that race he had with havelock was the best race ive seen on sky!!

Ahwell. I guess we all need some entertainment at some point. :wink: