British Speedway Forum

2) Steve, no mate, you have missed the point. Why would Scott stop for no reason? To deliberately loe a point. Of course, makes perfect sense.

i'm not missing the point (Nicholls has already done that tonight :wink: )...

but the point i'm trying to make is that there are 3 others that didn't see the red light... just what was Nicholls seeing?

i have a powerful auto-focus flash that produces the short bursts of red light, and i know what he says he saw, but the other 3 kept going

Someone must know who the flasher is -

Unfortunately I bet it's a Scotty fan ...

Im amzed how can people defend what he did, maybe they should get the dictionary out and look up SPORT. We all know the ref made mistakes and we all know Sweden deserved to win but what he did was completley wrong and if an englishman had done the same thing i would still be saying the same, Andersson has obviousley never heard of the saying dont bite the hand that feeds you and if i was in charge at ipswich im afraid hed be on the first boat back to denmark.

So who were you cheering for tonight then Jess?

Denmark I suspect.

But what nationality are you? :D

whoever she wanted to i suppose... not really anyone else's business

Speedfan1 -  Get over it. Their's always next year. Obviously Neil didnt pay Jacob enough money and the Swedes did. That's Speedway for you.

Well done to all teams and riders including Hans Andersen  :D

Oh for Christ's sake. :mad: More traitorous c**p from JY.

"That's speedway for you"???? Are you suggesting that speedway is all about who gives the ref the biggest pay off??? What absolute bull######.

And why the hell should we get over it? We're Brits, proud of our nationality (unlike some). If we feel something is unfair, we're entitled to a gripe about it. I haven't seen the meeting yet, so I can't comment on Hans' performance, but it sounds very cut-and-dry. Not even the Ippo fans were sticking up for him. I don't see why you should. Or is he "fit"?

BTW - Ippo fans, don't boo or jeer him. You've heard him say on Sky just how much he enjoys it and thinks it's funny. A nice stony silence should do the trick.

Edited by shortoi

We WOZ ROBBED, both by Hans Andersen and the muppet with the red light on the camera.. sheesh.. what more could Team GB have done to win it..

Hans had better start packing, as I cannot see a future for him at Ipswich.

There has been a fued simmering between him and Scotty all season and this just takes the biscuit.. I cant see Scotty wanting to ride with Hans in the same side at Ipswich week in week out.

I aint even gonna go there with regards JY and nationality..

Gold or Silver.. or no medal at all.. I am a BRIT and am mighty proud of the

six lads that served BRITISH speedway so well this last week.

Well done to Scott, Floppy, Havvy, Loramski, Ricco and the Screen Machine..

Sweden may have their name on the trophy.. but in my eyes and the eyes of thousands of British Supporters the World Over..

You Boys made us PROUD!! And you are all WINNERS!!

Edited by tomcat

Guest JY2003
Someone must know who the flasher is

RYAN FISHER?

Could have been :blink:

Hans Andersen is a very good rider but i'm afraid he isn't a particularly nice person.

As far as the final heat is concerned i haven't seen the tv pics as i just got back from the Stadium.

To be fair there wasn't much said from the grandstand about Hans letting PK by and from what i saw it seemed that both PK and Nicholls got around Hans quite comfortably.

Scott wasn't gonna catch PK in a million years anyway, so i say well done the Swedes and the best team won.

2) Steve, no mate, you have missed the point. Why would Scott stop for no reason? To deliberately loe a point. Of course, makes perfect sense.

but the point i'm trying to make is that there are 3 others that didn't see the red light... just what was Nicholls seeing?

i have a powerful auto-focus flash that produces the short bursts of red light, and i know what he says he saw, but the other 3 kept going

Yes Steve, because perhaps they didn't see it. The 2 riders in front had perhaps passed where the light came from & NP was shielded by being behind Scotty. The fact is YOU don't know what he saw, he did. And I think it is reasonable to assume that no speedway rider would stop racing in that situation just because it seemed like a good idea. You have ridden a speedway bike, obviously not at this level, but riders have it ingrained into their racing psyche that if a red light is shown, they stop. If you honestly believe that he saw nothing & in a similar situation you would have acted differently, then good for you, that makes you a better man than him.

I agree Dave, the fact Scotty put his hand up to warn Nicki of the non-existent "danger" points to this.

James :(

Yes Steve, because perhaps they didn't see it. The 2 riders in front had perhaps passed where the light came from & NP was shielded by being behind Scotty. The fact is YOU don't know what he saw, he did. And I think it is reasonable to assume that no speedway rider would stop racing in that situation just because it seemed like a good idea. You have ridden a speedway bike, obviously not at this level, but riders have it ingrained into their racing psyche that if a red light is shown, they stop. If you honestly believe that he saw nothing & in a similar situation you would have acted differently, then good for you, that makes you a better man than him.

well i didn't see the red light mate, and obviously Nicholls saw something, but he didn't see the red lights switched on by the ref, and that's my point... there are red lights all round the bend and on the straights, and yes you are correct that i have ridden and obviously not at this level and i will say when the red lights come on you do actually see considerably more than just the one little flash

Edited by stevehone

I agree Dave, the fact Scotty put his hand up to warn Nicki of the non-existent "danger" points to this.

James :(

Yep.. but then says he thought the red light was on because Nicki had fallen... hmmm

Besides, this isn't the first time this has happened and won't be the last.

It happened at Monmore a few weeks ago against Eastbourne..Wolves were on a 5-1 and it turned to an 8-1 against as David Howe thought he saw a red light and slowed down, hence Chris Neath following slowed, and the Eastbourne duo of Norris and Pedersen didn't and so shot past!

I also remember a controversial incident in a GP at Coventry (not sure what year) when Tomasz Gollob pulled up having seen a light. In that instant there actually WAS a light on but still he wasn't put back in the race.