British Speedway Forum
Splatty

Sporting Force or Sporting Farce?

What a fantastic week of racing we have witnessed.

The thought of Eastbourne and Poole being the chosen tracks did not set my world on fire at first but the tracks were set up very well and produced some great passing.

The majority of the world's best took part and were mixing it up and going for broke.

Thursday night was perhaps one of the best meetings televised and the timing couldn't have been better 2 days before the final.

Although there were some doubts over the track preparation for the final, mainly based on previous shenanigans it did not turn out to suit any particular nation ( :P ) and at the halfway mark we still had 3 teams who could win the cup. So going into the last heat decider who would have predicted that some could be taking the view that the 2004 WTC could be bad for speedway??!!

IMO Hans Andersen should be punished - The Swedes were odds on to win before the final heat anyway judging by the form of both PK and SN - but what was a great finale was spoilt by the actions of one little boy from Denmark - the last thing this sport needs is to have what amounts to 'fixing' - I should imagine the implications are imeasurable, especially with Skybet now a part of speedway. I don't imagine that anything will happen but this could well be a good time for the authorities to lay down a watershed moment and take control.

Edited by Splatty

I don't imagine that anything will happen but this could well be a good time for the authorities to lay down a watershed moment and take control.

I don't imagine anything will happen either..........especially as the 'authorities' would probably ask for a report from the Race Director and the referee.

:neutral:

does anyone know the odds for the last race on Skybet?

i bet theres a few people unhappy after the "match fixing"

I wonder if there will be any new skybet ads with Hans in them?

Karl

does anyone know the odds for the last race on Skybet?

It could be much more serious than that........

Does anyone know the odds on Skybet continuing to sponsor a sport with no open disciplinary procedure??

I fear that speedway doesn't deserve to move forward while we allow these sorts of things to happen.

It matters more when there's money in it!!!

:neutral:

P.S. Nice to see an Ipswich fan making some sort of comment on what happened.

Edited by Mylor