British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JY2003

Well Done Hans Andersen

After what most of us think Andersen did to this country, he doesn't deserve our congratulations IMO.

I was very sorry to see him win.

Well Said Totally Agree With You :wink:

"Oh how quickly the so called Team GB fans forget! :mad:

After what most of us think Andersen did to this country, he doesn't deserve our congratulations IMO.

Must say I have to take offence at that remark about so called Team GB fans, I supported my country at the WTC (so much so that I have virtually bankrupted myself this month) and held our flag high but..and it is a big but, we did not see anything wrong on that heat. One thing I am very proud of is being British

Same as Crazysue. Proud to be british and supported the team all the way, But you cant take away the fact that hans rode really well tonight and deserved his win, no matter what he has done previously, that was then and this is now, i would certainly have liked it to be a british rider that had won it but that was not to be, felt so sorry for Lee when his bike packed up on the start line ,could of almost cried he had done so well tonight. Better luck next time Lee.

...but you ain't gonna get him, so think again!

He who laughs last and all that

Good on Hans - in spite of all the hassle he's put up with other the past few weeks he's pulled through and shown everyone that he can keep a cool head regardless. Good Man!

Must say I have to take offence at that remark about so called Team GB fans, I supported my country at the WTC (so much so that I have virtually bankrupted myself this month) and held our flag high but..and it is a big but, we did not see anything wrong on that heat. One thing I am very proud of is being British

I don't doubt your loyality to Team GB and being proud to be british! but after looking through your posts it is very obvious that you are a real Hans Andersen fan and that is your personal taste, but after what he did to Team GB, and his ipswich team mate Scott Nicholls well that has alot to be desired!

I'm afraid that is where you are wrong, Hans doesn't even feature in my top 5., and as to what he has supposedly done, put it this way, if you had problems on the motorway going 60-70mph you would look round to make sure no-one hits you up the a*se. We saw no Prob at all in that meeting but then we didn't have the luxury of having sky tv putting ideas in our heads, We lost that meeting through bad luck,bad gates etc..not through cheating.

I'm afraid that is where you are wrong, Hans doesn't even feature in my top 5., and as to what he has supposedly done, put it this way, if you had problems on the motorway going 60-70mph you would look round to make sure no-one hits you up the a*se. We saw no Prob at all in that meeting but then we didn't have the luxury of having sky tv putting ideas in our heads, We lost that meeting through bad luck,bad gates etc..not through cheating.

Ok so I am wrong about Hans being your No 1 I apoligise,

I was also present at the meeting and from where I was standing he did slow up and let PK through and although I appreciate you don't have sky tv its a real shame you wasen't able to take a closer look! you might then appreciate why all the Team GB fans really are annoyed with Hans

Hmmmmm! Interesting view there Sue! I guess where we were sat behind the glass just as they come off the 2nd bend we did get a better view of it and this was helped later when at home watching it on TV, replayed several times so Shaz and I could see him actually shutting off whilst pinning Scott to the line, looking across and basically looking straight into PK's eyes (that is something that freaks me out anyway, the fact PK takes his glasses off to race!!! argh....) but then says in the interview that he didn't see him!

All that said, I have nothing against Hans as a person, I get on well with him, but I do not like Hans the rider.........!

Still as I stated on another thread - well done to him for tonight and I am pleased that his hand injuries are OK now! :wink:

What a sensible post from CrazySue there. The word "supposedly" is key I think.....we NONE of us know what was going through Hans head during that race. The ONLY person who does is Hans. Judging by what I heard tonight, Sky are determined to carry on sitrring the whole thing up. Had team GB been three points in fronht going into the final heat the result wouldn't have mattered......we simply did not score enough points on the night to secure the win. We now need to be looking forward to next year, and cheering on the "other" team GB in the olympics now, NOT dwelling on what might have been "if only"

we didn't have the luxury of having sky tv putting ideas in our heads

Crazysue just hit the nail.

Thanks

Peter

It's not a case of forgetting, simply moving on in life

try it sometime!

:rolleyes: I know Sue to be an England supporter, she supports all England riders whatever. She also has the common sence and knowledge to know when you loose you dont harp on and on about it being everybodies fault but yours.

:D

Hmmmmm! Interesting view there Sue! I guess where we were sat behind the glass just as they come off the 2nd bend we did get a better view of it and this was helped later when at home watching it on TV, replayed several times so Shaz and I could see him actually shutting off whilst pinning Scott to the line, looking across and basically looking straight into PK's eyes (that is something that freaks me out anyway, the fact PK takes his glasses off to race!!! argh....) but then says in the interview that he didn't see him!

All that said, I have nothing against Hans as a person, I get on well with him, but I do not like Hans the rider.........!

Still as I stated on another thread - well done to him for tonight and I am pleased that his hand injuries are OK now! :wink:

I souldn't worry too much about PK taking his glasses off to race as he has his racing goggles made to the same prescription as his glasses.

It's not a case of forgetting, simply moving on in life

try it sometime!

That is exactally what I am saying everyone moans at the time but never follows it through!

Lets let everyone walk all over us!!! :angry: