British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shazzybird

Canterbury Crusaders

Hey Barney, remember when you and Mitch got into it a Eastbourne? :roll:
hi sandman not me they used to love me at eastbourne ha ha

Hi Barney,

You obviously won't remember me but do you remember one evening at Eastie when you beat Bobby McNeil and Bobby got on the microphone complaining that you wouldn't let him past you :?: It gave us a real good laugh at the time.(you may remember my two mates Christine and Sherry from Hackney,Sherry was an Asian girl.we used to follow you ,David and Gordon everywhere you all rode in the South)

hi cheetahhawk i used to have a lot of fun at eastie ,lot of the riders i used to ride on junior grasstrack with, especially bobby mac

Who is Knocker???

can't believe you went to Canterbury and never had the pleasure of meeting knocker ;)

Thanks for clearing that up Barney, I was trying to think which rider could possibly have been called Knocker. :roll:

Who is Knocker???

can't believe you went to Canterbury and never had the pleasure of meeting knocker ;)

Maybe I did Shazz but didn't know it.:oops:

Thinking about it, I do remember seeing knockers at Kingsmead ;-) , or am I going off the subject now. :?: :lol:

Who is Knocker???

Thinking about it, I do remember seeing knockers at Kingsmead ;-) , or am I going off the subject now. :?: :lol:

I understand it sometimes happens at your time of life :?

Who is Knocker???

I understand it sometimes happens at your time of life

What, remembering people who always complained and critisized? :?

Guest cheetahhawk
we used to follow you ,David and Gordon everywhere you all rode in the South)

You never struck me as a stalker Cheetahhawk ;)

You must remember this was in the early 70's and I was a lot younger then and a damn sight more daft/stupid or whatever you like to call it.I think that Barry Thomas thought we used to be his stalker too :!: :lol:

Hey Kev, A quick picture of Knocker. Shaved head, big lips, walked with his shoulders by his ears :lol: .

I use to board with his sister & brother inlaw ( Steph & Andy) they were a great family.

Shazz when you see Knocker please say hello! for me.

And who was Lofty ( sure rings a bell ). Must be getting old, memory is going.

Lofty used to help out Denzil Kent sometimes

Steph and Andy, are they the one with a little girl called Rachael (probably not so little now!) used to get on with them really well! When I see Knocker will give him your regards Marty xx

Hey Kev, A quick picture of Knocker. Shaved head, big lips, walked with his shoulders by his ears :lol: .

I use to board with his sister & brother inlaw ( Steph & Andy) they were a great family.

Shazz when you see Knocker please say hello! for me.

And who was Lofty ( sure rings a bell ). Must be getting old, memory is going.

Cheers for that Marty, from that I can picture exactly who you mean - yeah I remember him now.

Lofty used to help out Denzil Kent sometimes

Steph and Andy, are they the one with a little girl called Rachael (probably not so little now!) used to get on with them really well! When I see Knocker will give him your regards Marty xx

Yep, there the ones Shazz. But I think that little girl is around 24-25 now & they have another real,real, small girl Alison who is only 18-19 :lol: .

I keep in touch with them through Alisons works e mail.

Remember getting home a bit late & a bit drunk one night. Steph & Andy were asleep, went up stairs & jumped on their bed with a big lot of fish & chips for an early morning snack. They remind me about it every time we get in touch.

Not from Don's on Sturry Road by any chance ;) or the Peking Palace on Springlane Estate :roll:

My god is she really 24/25 how time flies! No I feel old

Kev.... Knockers dad Nobby was the burger bar man in the latter years and what a character he was too, when I was a kid he used to pay us to cause grief in the stand so that we would get chased round the back of the stand and nobby was waiting to duff 'em up ;) Ho Hum things ya do as kids :roll:

Kev.... Knockers dad Nobby was the burger bar man in the latter years and what a character he was too, when I was a kid he used to pay us to cause grief in the stand so that we would get chased round the back of the stand and nobby was waiting to duff 'em up ;) Ho Hum things ya do as kids :roll:

You sound so sweet Shazzy :clown

Were you @ Eastbourne last night - I had a look for you but didn't recognise anyone?