British Speedway Forum
Joanne

Norway GP - Anyone going?

OK, StartTart, I'll let you know my mobile no. Won't be wearing that jacket this time, it makes me look like a tourist which means I get charged twice as much for beer :shock: Won't be staying in Oslo that long as we'll be off early in the morning again.

Great to catch up with you too Joanne, I'm staying in the The Tulip Inn Munch Hotel, Munchsgate 5, Oslo

We are staying there too. Have stayed there the last couple of years. Its ok. We will all be wearing Jason Crump caps, I will be wearing a Jason Crump coat aswell.

TRUST A THICK DINGLE TO THINK CRUMP IS A AUSSIE HE WAS BORN IN BRISTOL SO WE CAN CLAIM HIM AS A ENGLISH WORLD CHAMP.A DINGLE LEAVING pratHAMPTON YOU WILL NEVER RETURN BY THE WAY NORWAY IS ABROAD NO GOOD LOOKING IN THE A-Z FOR IT.

Are there any forum members venturing out to Norway to see history in the making, the first Aussie to win the title for __ years.

I'm going with Your Sporting Challenge, getting picked up from Oxford Services (which is very nice of them :) ) next Friday and then sailing from Newcastle in the afternoon.

TheStartTart is heading off to Norway, for her 9th and final GP (I can hear the bank manager breathing a sigh of relief and calling off the baliffs), staying in Olso as there is not much happening in Hamar. Hopefully more interesting than last year

Hey we are staying in Oslo too, is it easy to get around, we are at the best western west, never been and no nothing about the place, trains trams etc. we

arrive at 00.10 sat morning and have to try and fin our hotel and then a train to the stadium after? so any advice help appreciated.

Hey Tape2Tape

Email me sharongrundy@yahoo.co.uk and I will try and help, give me as much detail as you can

TheStartTart

Hi Sharon, it's Ken who does the filming at IOW!

Guessed it was you Ken, how the devil are ya, so whats happening about Oslo, best advice for getting to the stadium is to book up on the coach service, its advertised on http://www.speedwayworld.tv/newhome/norwegian2004/coach.htm it seems to be the cheapest way of getting there, I looked at the price of the trains and it is NOK 196 for a single journey, there is no train back out of Hamar at the finish time.

The coach journey costs Nkr. 150 - one way, Nkr. 250 - both ways, if I remember rightly last year its about the same length of time, went on the bus last year and it was OK. If you do decide to get the train to the stadium (there is some stunning scenery to be seen) I would advise you get a taxi from the train station to the stadium as its a fair walk. Hope to catch up with you there.

Have copied this to your email as well

Sharon

Hi again tape2tape

Had a quick look at the Oslo airport site, there is some information on there about getting to Oslo Central. Checked out the trains, there are none!!. There seems to be some buses that run, check out http://www2.osl.no/index.asp?startID=&topE...cADmain=1000169 for more information, the last bus is 1 am, my advice is to get off at Busterminallen and then try and pick up a taxi outside the station, if I remember rightly the bus and train station are pretty much co located. Look forward to catching up with you.

Sharon

Great to catch up with you too Joanne, I'm staying in the The Tulip Inn Munch Hotel, Munchsgate 5, Oslo

We are staying there too. Have stayed there the last couple of years. Its ok. We will all be wearing Jason Crump caps, I will be wearing a Jason Crump coat aswell.

Will be my first time at the Tulip Inn Munch Rob B, glad to hear that its OK, stayed at a different hotel last year. Will look out for you in the hotel, dunno what happened to my IOW cap, will have to either wear the Scottie Nicholls one or my no fear one.

Hope to catch up with you

TheStartTart

Last year I made it into a pub/restaurant called The Scotsman, pub on top restaurant below, nice hostelry, expensive beer, plan to make it there again after the meeting, hopefully I will catch up with at the meeting and then we can plan a quiet celebration/commiseration

TheStartTart

Come on, The StartTart, shock me now so I'll be prepared for it, what's expensive :blink: ?

Last year I made it into a pub/restaurant called The Scotsman, pub on top restaurant below, nice hostelry, expensive beer, plan to make it there again after the meeting, hopefully I will catch up with at the meeting and then we can plan a quiet celebration/commiseration

TheStartTart

Come on, The StartTart, shock me now so I'll be prepared for it, what's expensive :blink: ?

Well Joanne be prepared for expensive beer and food, Norway is not the place to be going out drinking best to use up your duty free alllowance at the ferry port

The StartTart

Well I'm back. Had a great time, would recommend Eurorider (Your Sporting Challenge to anyone, they look after you). Ferry crossing was a bit rough but the scenery in Norway made up for that plus the new friends I made from the NORTH :wink::P The racing wasn't brilliant but you can't have everything, fireworks were good though, thought the place was going to burn down.

Back to work tomorrow, can't wait until 2005 :D

Oh, I forgot, sorry I missed you TheStartTart. Tried to get round to your end but if I kept on going I would have ended up in the Gents :oops: Will definately catch up with you next year though.

Oh, I forgot, sorry I missed you TheStartTart. Tried to get round to your end but if I kept on going I would have ended up in the Gents :oops: Will definately catch up with you next year though.

You must have walked the wrong way round Joanne, no Gents when I tried to get to you, will catch up with you at Bydgoszcz,

Glad you had a good time

TheStartTart

TheStartTart,

Yes, I found out the next day that I probably would have got round the other way (behind the back straight) but at the time they both looked the same.

See you next year :)