British Speedway Forum
Potters_Lass

It's the Final Countdown!!!

Well put Shazzybird, he's not my favourite rider for one reason or another but he is a damn good speedway rider and has been at the top of his game for so long, it is about time he had an individual crown! Good luck Grumpy!

Wouldn't be quite as bad if he actually rode under the flag of his country of birth I guess!

That Maletesse World Champion was good wasn't he? :blink::D:approve:

Well, I wish Jason all the luck in the world for tomorrow! I will be sitting here chearing him on through every race........(OK, every race that he is in!)

He deserves to be World Champion and I actually think he will be a good ambasador for the sport!

When things don't go his way atleast he takes it out on himself (except for sacking Ben for something that was actually Jase's fault!) but apart from that he is a great guy, very shy and quiet till you get to know him, trouble is then he can become a little sod and really wind you up! (something I found out last year in Denmark for the SWC..... thanks for that one Jase!)

Anyway - come on Crumpy - shows us that that is YOUR YEAR!

Much rather has a World Champ that actually rides in Britain! :rolleyes:

I suggest wearing black arm bands to remember the sport of speedway.

1929-2003 - RIP British Speedway :sad:

Come off it Whacko! British speedway's hardly dead and buried. So what if individually our British riders aren't as good as Hancock, Rickardsson, Crumpy etc? We're brill as Team GB - just look at the World Cup this year! Britain second and the Aussies...? We were unlucky in the final.

There's quite a few up and coming British starlets, like James Wright, Daniel King, Eddie Kennett etc, so don't be going along to that funeral just yet!

B) Potters Lass B)

Edited by Potters_Lass

Much rather a World Champ that actually rides in Britain! :rolleyes:

Erm, so which one didn't? Jerzy Schakiel?

No SCB! I am referring to the only other rider this year that if things go wrong for Jason could the title (for the 6th time if that helps you!)

That Maletesse World Champion was good wasn't he?  :blink:  :D  :approve:

Born to British Parents in the British Army :wink: oh I think that makes him British with Maltese citizenship I think :rolleyes:

But could the Swedes not say the same about Crumpy? After all, he doesn't ride over there, not regulary any way.

Born to British Parents in the British Army  :wink:  oh I think that makes him British with Maltese citizenship I think  :rolleyes:

Crumpy, born to Australian parents. :unsure:

I guess Mark can claim he has spent most of his life in the UK, Crumpy cannot claim to have spent most of his life in Australia, he has spent more of it over here!

But could the Swedes not say the same about Crumpy?  After all, he doesn't ride over there, not regulary any way.

I'm sorry! since when did we care what the Swedes say ? (sorry Zetters, you know I love ya!!)

So your argument is what :blink: lost me now no matter how many times I read it

My argument is Mark is British as he has British parents, so Crumpy is Australian as he has Australian parents.

Edited by SCB

Crumpy is no brit, listen to him speak, don't think he has a bristol twang! :D

If you cant get hold of black arm bands I would reccomend some black tape, like electricians tape - not too tight though.