British Speedway Forum
jeffster

GP & SWC 2005 - Provisional Dates

Rumour has it - and I stress rumour - that the last round will also be at the Millenium Stadium.

I think it would be a brilliant move to have the final round in Cardiff. The Norweigan GP had knowhere near the same atmosphere as Cardiff does. :blink:

All

Does this mean ten rounds this coming season?

Regards

BilaHora

It looks like it.....

Czech GP not gonna be in May........

Woo hoo..... that's the best news I've heard all day :lol:

Means I should be able to make it to Prague again next year - must remember to stay off the Pivo this time though, would be nice to remember who made the final. :oops:

In one country, the eliminators don't count for much, especially the ones where the host country is not involved.

I'm sure crowds could be improved if the four rounds were all held at different tracks in each country. However, even if this isn't feasible, both Semi-Finals could be staged as double-header at one track, using the 16-heat 4TT format for each. The same format could be used for Last Chance and Final.

There is also the Under-21 World Cup next season.

2 semi-finals in Poland (Rybnik) and Denmark.

Final at ....

PARDUBICE!!!!!!

(Yes!)

(Which will hopefully tie in with Golden Helmet weekend!)

I think I read somewhere that there will be 3 semifinals : in Rybnik (Poland), Holsted (Denmark) and Prelog (Croatia).

The final in Pardubice is supposed to be staged on October 1st.

Hmm, some interesting ramblings in there about a possible return for the German GP and interest from Spain about holding a GP at the Neu Camp.

My Lordz!

Would fear that 90,000 of the 108,000 seats might stay unsold unless they race it at the smaller stadium within the complex where Barcelona's second team play

Barcelona's B team stadium is called the Miniestadi ( :) ) However, that only holds 16,500.

barcelona_mini_estadi.jpg

From the picture it seems that the pitch comes right up to the seats (No room for a speedway track without ripping up a substancial ammount of turf, can't see FCB agreeing to that one!)

If these Barcelona rumors are true, then the Olympic Stadium (56,000) seems a more realistic option.

barcelona_montjuic.jpg

Much more of a manageable size than the Nou Camp and has an atheletics track meaning a speedway track could be constructed with minimal damage to the pitch. Like Nou Camp, it is used week in week out for Football, by RCD Espanyol.

I hope it is more than rumours. Cardiff, Prague & Barcelona would be a nice trio for me :D

There is also the Under-21 World Cup next season.

Final at ....

PARDUBICE!!!!!!

(Yes!)

(Which will hopefully tie in with Golden Helmet weekend!)

Yes, mate, it will...... :D

However, the dates I was given for next year were :

Sept 23 - Junior Golden Helmet (1900 hours)

Sept 24 - World Under 21 Team Cup Final (1230 hours)

Sept 25 - Golden Helmet (1230 hours)

Sept 26 - Tomicek Memorial (1900 hours)

However, now that the 2005 GP dates have been announced, it seems like the Golden Helmet weekend will be put back a week......

Should be a great weekend, Jeff ... whenever it is!

I hope GB enter the U-21 World Cup - though it's fair to say we are pretty weak at that level at the moment. Prospects are great, though, in 3 or 4 years time.

Guest BilaHora

All

I suppose part of the thinking behind the World Team Championship having elimination rounds in England and Sweden is to place the Poles in the race off meeting, thus guaranteeing a larger turnout. I would guess the major problem would be if Poland were eliminated in the elimination rounds.

As regards the ten meetings in the Grand Prix series, I would guess this is to accommodate another meeting in either Denmark or the United Kingdom. It would be good, in my opinion, to balance the ratio of temporary tracks to permanent tracks - five of each.

Regards

BilaHora (still hoping for Prague in November)

All

I suppose part of the thinking behind the World Team Championship having elimination rounds in England and Sweden is to place the Poles in the race off meeting, thus guaranteeing a larger turnout. I would guess the major problem would be if Poland were eliminated in the elimination rounds.

As regards the ten meetings in the Grand Prix series, I would guess this is to accommodate another meeting in either Denmark or the United Kingdom. It would be good, in my opinion, to balance the ratio of temporary tracks to permanent tracks - five of each.

Regards

BilaHora (still hoping for Prague in November)

No chance,want czech gp in the summer,to see all the lovely czech and polish ladys,and drink loads of alhocol,in the beating sun.NEVER November,woulkd NEVER happen any way as you ve been told :D

When will we know for definate where they are going to be held?. It's brilliant dreaming but it never happens like that. More chance being held at the Causeway Stadium in High Wycombe :shock::D

When will we know for definate where they are going to be held?. It's brilliant dreaming but it never happens like that. More chance being held at the Causeway Stadium in High Wycombe :shock:  :D

I would guess that a lot of dates are "TBA" simply because Benfield have not yet concluded negotiations with the stadiums they want to stage the GP's in....

I would hope that the 2005 GP Calendar will be confirmed by the end of November at the latest....We just have to wait & see.....

When will we know for definate where they are going to be held?. It's brilliant dreaming but it never happens like that. More chance being held at the Causeway Stadium in High Wycombe :shock:  :D

Now there's a thought to contend with :lol:

It would be nice for Britain to have the last GP.

Now there's a thought to contend with :lol:

It would be nice for Britain to have the last GP.

And if it were in High Wycombe it probably would be the last one!!! :lol:

On Polish T.V,G.P line up as follows

Poland(Wroklaw?)

Sweden

Slowenia

Cardiff

Danmark

Czech

Sweden

Holland or Germany

Poland(Bydgoszcz?)