British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jeffster

BSI Confirm 2005 Swedish GP Venues

Maybe BSI are having a reality check.

Big stadia cost big money and look crap on TV when they're only 33% full, whereas smaller stadia which cost less to hire look better when they have a capacity crowd.

Also the racing will be vastly better than anything offered by temporary tracks.

Maybe you are right, there is nothing worse than a grand stadium only for it to be half empty. And agree about the racing 100%

The arena is only 3 years old and the most "up to date" arena in Sweden.

Is it at the same place as the previous arena?

Kevin, the old Smederna track called "Snalltjorpet" was in the centre of Eskilstuna.

However, the new track at Grondal is on the outskirts of the town, and a taxi or bus will be required to get to the track...I would imagine BSI & Smederna will have to talk to Eskilstuna council to lay on a special bus service for the GP...Should not be a problem though, as there is already a bus service in place for Smederna's league matches (details here - http://www.smederna.nu/smedbuss.asp)

Edited by jeffster

Trees, I did not say anything about money...just that BSI and Eskilstuna has agreed on a 3 year contract.

I know you didn't, that's why I asked. I am interested to know if Eskilstuna are paying BSI for the privilege or the other way round. Doesn't it interest you?

Good twisting of words for your own purposes ! 

The original posting said "BSI has signed a 3-year contract with Eskilstuna..." - nowhere does it say anything about money being paid by BSI to use the Eskilstuna track.

I know it didn't Rico. I certainly didn't "twist" the wording for my own purposes I was asking a simple question re the contract. Like you say the details will probably not be available to the general public, I'm interested all the same though.

I guess the swedes are prudent enough to benefit from the deal.

Trees, of course it interests me, but I have no knowledge about the financial deal...

/ Ola

Capacity of the arena in Eskilstuna would be around 12-15.000.

/ Ola

Seen the stadium, very nice. Problem is the road leading there, cant see 5000 cars getting in / out of there saturday night . Now is that capacity with the extra stands probably fitted for the gp, or the capacity now? (Would be..?)

No finnish calendar this year Ola, didn't have the time to get anyone to pay for it with school and work taking their toll on me... I'll get back on it next year

f-s-p,

It will be alternate parkings nearby and busses will transport people to the arena.

Also there will be new stands in 1st & 2nd bend

We'll keep in touch about the calendar....

/ Ola

Edited by NoFear

The son of Bo Jansson, Jimmy, is riding for the Smederna Div.1 team

Is that the same Jimmy Jansson who rode for Hull a few seasons ago? If it is, has he improved since then? Is he worth signing in the Premier League on 3.00.

The son of Bo Jansson, Jimmy, is riding for the Smederna Div.1 team

Is that the same Jimmy Jansson who rode for Hull a few seasons ago? If it is, has he improved since then? Is he worth signing in the Premier League on 3.00.

Yes, it's the same one....Not sure that UK is involved in he's plans for 2005 though. He will double up riding for Bysarna in Allsvenskan and Team Bikab in div.1 next year. This year he had a personal average of 8,70 in div.1. He also has a 3 year strategy trying to take a eliteleague place in 2006. For next year the goal is to make good scores in allsvenskan.

Link to he's website:

http://www.teamjansson.com/default.php

/ Ola

Edited by NoFear

Thanks for the link NoFear.Following in Joel and Bo's footsteps :D Is Bo a taxi driver in Eskilstuna?I wonder if i go to speedway there will Bo be driving a taxi :unsure:

Thanks for the link NoFear.Following in Joel and Bo's footsteps :D Is Bo a taxi driver in Eskilstuna?I wonder if i go to speedway there will Bo be driving a taxi :unsure:

Correct...Bo is a taxidriver here in Eskilstuna....not the only one though... ;)

/ Ola

Does anyone know how far Eskilstuna is from Stockholm and if there will be buses running to and from the track on the Saturday night from Stockholm? If there are, how do we book?

Cheers

Does anyone know how far Eskilstuna is from Stockholm and if there will be buses running to and from the track on the Saturday night from Stockholm?  If there are, how do we book?

Cheers

It's about 1 hour by car from Stockholm to Eskilstuna, I don't think there will be any "organized" busses but it's easy to travel by train (45 mins). From central Eskilstuna there will be busses to the arena.

Or...this link might help?(perhaps some leftover seats on that buss)

http://www.tptours.co.uk/GpTours/TourInfo....5-05-14_Sweden/

/ Ola