British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Longtrack....at Wagga Wagga

Will be taking myself off to Wagga Wagga this Saturday for the big longtrack meeting being held there and promoted by Terry Poole. Any Oz forum members going?

For those back in the UK, the main line up comprises of:

Ty Platt

Cory Gathercole

Cody Simpson

Andrew PittStrider Horton

Tim Heffernan

Quinten Byrne

Jay Herne

Troy Batchelor

Mark Murphy

Chris Holder

Craig Watson

Jason Stewart

Rod McDonald

Lee Herne

Reece Farr

Michael Farrell

Daniel Mason

Daine Stevens

Louis Myers

James Holder

Luke Gough

From there I'm getting the overnight coach to Mildura where I'll be attending the Victoriam State Championship a week tomorrow.

Edited by Bryn

Have a good time in Wogga Bryn.

The amount of riders is impressive, good to see. :approve:

Have a good time in Wogga Bryn.

The amount of riders is impressive, good to see. :approve:

Hiya mate...hope to see you at the Oz Champs. Now perhaps you can confirm / deny the truth in something I've been told.... Is it REALLY true that Johnno is amongst 8 riders spending next week at the Institute of Sport or whatever it's called in Canberra? Has it got a bar???? :blink:

Guest Pin$tripe

Wato should win that meeting with his eyes closed, apart from Batchelor who is no where near as good as Watson yet, who can beat him? Would be surprised to see Wato get beat all day.

Glad you are enjoying yourself Bryn any news on Sam how's he doing?

So is watto enjoying his time at george english's australian mansion?

he will do a fine job at no5 for the diamonds in 2005.

Pinny, I think you're under estimating some of them Aussies. They're pretty good at there long track over there. Wato shoudl be favourite but there are a couple of rider who can beat him, Lee Herne for one.

Pinny, I think you're under estimating some of them Aussies.  They're pretty good at there long track over there.  Wato shoudl be favourite but there are a couple of rider who can beat him, Lee Herne for one.

Lee bought Kelvin Tatum's Long Track bikes last year and they were fast so he has some good tackle to mount as challenge.

Quick Result:

Australian Longtrack Final finishing order

Troy Batchelor

Rodney McDonald

Jason Stewart

Luke Gough

Danial Mason

Louis Myer

Jay Herne

Cory Gathercole

TY Platt

James Holder

Strider Horton DNF

Craig Watson DNF

Wato machine probs (blown engine?) prior to start of final at startline after winning his 3 heats!

PA somewhat temperamental (probably due to heat!) millions of weird & wonderful insects decscended on the stadium (normally used for trotting races!) once floodlights swithched on!

Good to catch up with all & sundry especially Wato, Matt Jones (victoria) and dad Gary, Strider Horton & HIS dad Gary, Lee Herne & his missus (!), Troy Batchelor etc., etc.

Caught 11.40pm coach from Wagga to Mildura arriving here at 9.20am...as I moved in...Kev Doolan set off back for Adelaide after riding here last night finishing second.

Edited by Bryn

Quick Result:

PA somewhat temperamental (probably due to heat!) millions of weird & wonderful insects decscended on the stadium (normally used for trotting races!) once floodlights swithched on!

oh how the other half live eh ??

insects ?? hmm.. maybe ask Brian Harvey to do the PA.. he'll sort out the flys!!!! :D

(Bryn.. its an "english telly" thing..don't worry !)

Seems the meeting was something of a joke with no start marshall, then start marshalls who didn't know what they were doing and causing Wato to think the final was about to start, so started to rev the bike only for the race not to start and Wato's bike to stop.

sounds like Watto is preparing to ride for the Diamonds, he has already learned from the great words of george english.

...if only middlo was newcastle's team manager :neutral:

Middlo made the journey from Scott Smiths flat in Brisbane to watch Wato ride, and shed some tears when Wato blew his engine.

Thank god it wasnt a good engine he is using for Newcastle this year!