British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nash the dragon

Wanted Photos of Tommy Leadbitter

I wonder if anyone can help in my search for old photos of Tommy Leadbitter from any stage of his career in speedway/grasstrack,if you can point me in the direction of any web sites with photos or indeed if you yourself have any photos you would be willing to let me have ( obviously I would purchase them for a small fee :lol: .)....any help would be gratefully accepted

I wonder if anyone can help in my search for old photos of Tommy Leadbitter from any stage of his career in speedway/grasstrack,if you can point me in the direction of any web sites with photos or indeed if you yourself have any photos you would be willing to let me have ( obviously I would purchase them for a small fee  :lol: .)....any help would be gratefully accepted

there is a good picture of him in one of the websters speedway mirrors, in t side colours :)

Cheers m8....how do I get hold of such a thing.....:oops:

I can try and scan it for you as long as it does not damage me book.

Have you looked at the old LEICESTER OR MIDDLESBRO sites as he used to ride for them? :)

I wonder if anyone can help in my search for old photos of Tommy Leadbitter from any stage of his career in speedway/grasstrack,if you can point me in the direction of any web sites with photos or indeed if you yourself have any photos you would be willing to let me have ( obviously I would purchase them for a small fee  :lol: .)....any help would be gratefully accepted

I haven't got any photos but there is an interesting two-page article by Peter Arnold on Tom in "The Speedway Annual" 1969 - Tom towing his bikes around the country in his MGB GT and wanting to be 250 British Motocross Champion - Ah, those were the days!

I have a programme from a Moto X meeting in Farnham, Surrey in the early 1970s that i went to and remember speaking to Tom during races while he was preparing his Maicos.

Is Tom Leadbitter still alive??

Is Tom Leadbitter still alive??

No he passed away some time ago.

go to www.defunct speedway.co.uk go to a-z of tracks and on the bristol(eastville) page scroll down second photo there is a team line up from 1977 in colour with tom in it and further on down a b/w action photo. i remember tom when he was sponsored by bulmers cider along with malcolm corradine and pip lamb with yellow leathers as seen in the team line up on the grass.one of the nicest blokes you could meet,very down to earth chap and died far to soon.

I seem to recall Tom riding at Long Eaton in mid sixties but can't recall who for.

I seem to recall Tom riding at Long Eaton in mid sixties but can't recall who for.

Maybe Long Eaton

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/index.cgi?...amp;thread=1746