British Speedway Forum
Paul

Hackney Speedway

Cheers LW we'll probably eat that at Clacket Lane sometime this season.

Oooooooooo better still £5.00 = 5 goes Kev :approve::wink:

Hey Kev, did we not have a chat recently on MSN about winning the lottery? But don't worry about putting my fiver in the post, just put it towards that steak!  :approve:

And that tin of salmon, Kev :P

Hey Kev, did we not have a chat recently on MSN about winning the lottery? But don't worry about putting my fiver in the post, just put it towards that steak!  :approve:

We certainly did LW - OK, it's safely in a jar ready. :)

Cheers LW we'll probably eat that at Clacket Lane sometime this season.

Oooooooooo better still £5.00 = 5 goes Kev  :approve:  :wink:

Who you trying to kid Shazz, you're lucky to get a coffee for a fiver at Clacketts, but you're right, it is five goes. How do you want to do it, two for you and two for me and we do the last one together?

And that tin of salmon, Kev :P

No worries Jo, you'll be taken care of :lol:

Chris, have you any idea how far short of the required money the pledges are?

No Kevin, but I will find out and post it here.

Thanks Chris,

I was thinking along the lines of a couple of fundraising events if the difference wasn't too big.

Well .......... Let's say I'm warming to them, the little one at Eastbourne has a lovely cheeky smile (even if he does glo a bit :wink: ) and the one at Arena (Shrek is that you?) he's a gentle giant.

Well .......... Let's say I'm warming to them, the little one at Eastbourne has a lovely cheeky smile (even if he does glo a bit  :wink: ) and the one at Arena (Shrek is that you?) he's a gentle giant.

:shock: I never thought I'd see the day.......

Is no promoter safe with you around Ms Bird? :wink::lol:

:lol: Trust me Waggy & Mrs Louis are :lol: Edited by shazzybird

Provisional Dates:

Paul and I are pleased to announce that the provisional day for the "Hackney Speedway Re Union at 8" is Friday 22nd July 2005 at 8 pm (subject to confirmation with Pete Sampson)

followed just under 24 hours later on Saturday 23rd July at 7 pm by the 2005 Vic Harding Memorial Trophy at Rye House (subject to final confirmation with Len Silver)

Further details to follow as soon as possible.

Hackney Speedway riders from it’s past gathered at the V.S.R.A. annual dinner/dance at Coventry on Saturday evening. With “The Re-union Friday at 8” coming up in July [ hence the reason both Chris and myself where in attendance, well that’s our excuses] it was great to catch up with some of Hackney’s former stars. Bobby McNeil, Brian Kennett, Mike Broadbanks, Trevor Hedge, Ted Hubbard, Keith White, Graham Miles, Laurie Etheridge and Dingle Brown [team manager in 1991] where all so very enthusiastic about the re-union and all agreeded to attend. Colin Pratt who also was there on Saturday would love to attend, he is hoping he can be relinquished from his Friday night duties at Coventry that evening.

Finally our last former hero who was there on Saturday and agree to come to “The Re-union Friday at 8” was one of the greatest riders, if not the greatest riders to ride for Hackney, Bengt Jansson. Banger will be over to re-live with everybody else the times of Hackney Speedway on Friday 22nd July at 8, for the greatest get together of former Hackney riders ever seen in one place at a time!

Edited by Paul

Fantastic............ I cannot wait. This by the sounds of it is going to be one hell of a bash! What price are the tickets going to be, and where can I get them from?