British Speedway Forum

Hi everyone!

I think you will at least get the Krsko stadium plan and the map of links to Krsko from all major towns very soon, Ive just sent them to Phil. I will also try to get other useful informations for you.

Greetings from Krsko! :)

Guest latvian-speedway

What about Slovenian GP 2006?

I heard, that they don't want to organize it.

What about Slovenian GP 2006?

I heard, that they don't want to organize it.

What about Polish League next year.I heard the Poles are not happy with all the money needed to speed their way through the border to the Ukraine last year.Is that causing a problem for Daugavpils? :unsure:

Guest BilaHora

iris123

I cannot see a problem for a Latvian team. After all Latvia and Poland are both European Union states.

As regards the Ukraine, I suppose it all depends on the outcome of the election on Boxing Day.

Regards

BilaHora

Could be right,don't know what the border police are like in Latvia but the report i read stated that the Polish teams were losing money not only to grease a few palms,so to speak.The added problem with Latvia is the Polish teams have to cross 2 borders or go by ship :unsure:

Edited by iris123

Guest BilaHora

iris123

I really need to get an up-dated atlas. My atlas is from before the break-up of the Soviet Union and I thought Poland and Latvia would share a common border, which, it seems from your post they do not. However, I would have thought Belorus would a more likely transit country than Ukraine and, in that case, I would not be so surprised at border problems. Belorus is very much in the Vladimir Putin camp and Belorus and the Russian Federation may re-unite at some time in the future. Of course, the western parts of both Ukraine and Belorus were part of Poland between the wars.

Regards

BilaHora

My geography is also not that good.Thats why i had to look and saw that Lithuania lies in the way.It seems that the Polish teams in the second division,not excactly well off anyway were not too keen on the travelling costs(as mentioned not all above board) involved in having Lwow in the league this year.Even less keen on Rowne and Daugavpils next,hence my asking Latvian-Speedway if he knew of any further developments.

Guest BilaHora

iris123

Well, Lvov is in Ukraine, although between the wars it was in Poland. However, without getting too political, I think the outcome of the Presidential election in Ukraine on Boxing Day could be significant. If the opposition candidate, Viktor Yushchenko wins then Ukraine will probably look to the west and the European Union, which would make it easier.

However, both Lithuania and Latvia are members of the European Union and, as such, travelling from Poland to Latvia should cause no border problems and if it does they should be reported to the European Union. That said, it might be quicker to travel across Belorus to get to Daugavpils.

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora

Indeed Lvov and Rovno are in the Ukraine and we hope for a fair and democratic outcome :D I was rather surprised that given the shared border and the advantages(IMO) to both sides thatno team from Germany was seeking a place in the Polish league.

Guest BilaHora

iris123

To expand your idea a little more (and to take the topic even further off-topic), would it be an idea to have the Polish league as the basis for a wider central european league, comprising German, Polish, Latvian, Ukrianian and Czech Republic teams?

Regards

BilaHora

Yes! I think it would be a great idea.My own, based on an idea mooted last season that a couple of tracks shared assets and entered a team in the Bundesliga(it never happened),would be to share assets to form a good squad and help the development of the young German riders.

Hi everyone!

I think you will at least get the Krsko stadium plan and the map of links to Krsko from all major towns very soon, Ive just sent them to Phil. I will also try to get other useful informations for you.

Greetings from Krsko!  :)

Hi sunnygirl, thanks for the information. I guess you are Slovenian as you posted your greetings from Krsko?

Hi sunnygirl, thanks for the information.  I guess you are Slovenian as you posted your greetings from Krsko?

Hi Timbo!

Yes I am. I work at Stadium Matije Gubec on all major speedway meetings and help a lot for the GPs. Its true that Krsko is a very small town but the coutryside all around it is worth seeing. As you probably know we usually get some really interesting racing on the track. All the GP riders love this track!

So I would invite you all to visit this GP!!! :)

Anyway, about travel to Slovenia:

-Zagreb is the closest airport of all, takes you less than 1hr to get to Krsko (with crossing the boarder, usually no problems), with car rental or taxi service. Also there is a major railwayroute going from Zagreb to Ljubljana with stops in Krsko but I would have to check timetable....

-Ljubljana airport is 2nd closest (Easyjet, Air France, Adria airways..), takes you about 1,5-2hrs to get to Krsko, car rentals and taxi service there aswell. Airport called Brnik is a little out of the city so you would have to get to Ljubljana first and then take the train in the opposite direction (Ljubljana-Krsko).

-Other alternatives are Ryanair airports in Trieste and Graz (check the map in Phils post!), Trieste (Ronchi airport) is really cheap and pretty cheap car rental there aswell (people from western EU use it a lot in summer time to travel to Croatian coast), Austria is more expensive. From both directions it shoudnt take you more than 2,5hrs to get to Krsko!

Ok, so much about traveling to Slovenia. Next time Ill try to get more info about accommodation... If you have any other questions, just ask! ;)

Sonja