British Speedway Forum

Guest latvian-speedway

@ iris123

Yeah, we'll race in Polish 2nd league next year and our legioners will be C.Hefenbrock and D.Gizatullin.

What about Krsko 2006? Is any information?

@ iris123

Yeah, we'll race in Polish 2nd league next year and our legioners will be C.Hefenbrock and D.Gizatullin.

:D

Good luck

go Hefe,go

What about Krsko 2006? Is any information?

Unfortunately, we dont know that yet. Again it depends on deal with the BSI. Its true that first two GPs in Krsko didnt bring much money to the club so why working for red numbers. Last GP was better. So maybe one more in 2006....

Guest BilaHora

Ms sunnygirl

Not altogether connected to the Grand Prix, but I am rather interested in the name of your stadium. I understand the stadium was built by the local people in memory of a local peasant hero Matije Gubec. Who was Matije Gubec and what did he do?

Regards

BilaHora

Hello people!

I'm from Croatia and I travel often to Krsko (cause of speedway, od course!) and I would recommend you to stay in Zagreb. The city is beautiful, there's many places to see and great for shopping. It has many hotels, if you want more information, e-mail me at: darija.pavlic@public.srce.hr

I think that border shouldn't be a problem. There's highway till border and you're there in 45 min.

Regards

Ms sunnygirl

Not altogether connected to the Grand Prix, but I am rather interested in the name of your stadium. I understand the stadium was built by the local people in memory of a local peasant hero Matije Gubec. Who was Matije Gubec and what did he do?

Regards

BilaHora

Hi BilaHora

I'm not sunnygirl, but here are some infos about Matija Gubec. He was a leader of a great croatian-slovenian peasant revolt in 1573.

Here are some more details about Gubec :

The leader of the Peasants’ Revolt is generally known in literature as Matija Gubec. He was probably aged 35 at the time of the revolt. Gubec was in charge of preparations for the revolt and was at the head of a part of the peasants’ army in Zagorje (Croatia). Some participants in the revolt claimed he had been proclaimed peasants’ king. When the revolt was put down, he was captured and taken to Zagreb where he was, according to some sources, tortured with incandescent pincers, crowned with an incandescent iron crown, and quartered at the end.

And some details on the revolt :

With the frequent inroads and depredations of the Turks the Croatian peasantry was reduced to extreme poverty. At the same time the Croatian nobility oppressed them all the more with taxes and corvées in order to fortify their towns for the defense against the Turks. When Maximilian II issued an edict for the collection of the new royal tax in the Slavonian regions the Croatian peasantry revolted. The brutality and greed of a certain feudal lord Franjs Tahy was the immediate cause of this uprising. "Back to the old justice" soon became the insurgents’ rallying cry and an evergreen sprig in their hat was their symbol. They demanded freedom and equality with the other Croats for all peasants in accordance with the old Croatian law, the abolishment of the corvées, the redistribution of the tax burden among the estates equally, the equal participation of all classes in the military service and the election by the peasants of their own representatives in each village and of their own district chiefs.

The uprising began in Susjedgrad and Stubica in the Croatian hinterland at the end of 1573 and quickly spread throughout the other Croatian regions and in neighbouring Slovenia. Its leaders were Matija Gubec, Ivan Pasanca and Ilija Gregoric. With the aid of Austrian troops sent by Maximilian the Croatian nobility crushed the poorly equipped and untrained peasant army. The ringleaders of the uprising were executed and one of them, Matija Gubec had a red-hot iron crown placed on his head. (34)

NICEEE Tommy!!! :D

Just want to say that Matija Gubec was Croatian (jupiii!!!) and his name is on biggest and prettiest GP stadium in Slovenia! :D

Edited by Darija

Guest BilaHora

Mr Pozrl

Many thanks for the information.

Regards

BilaHora

Hello!

Tomaz, you really are freak!!!! Where did you find all that?! :o

Yes, Gubec was Croatian, but this big revolt of his was taking place on the land of Krsko, just where the stadium was built...

Have a good day!

Sonja

Tomaz, you really are freak!!!! Where did you find all that?! :o

Yep, freak is my middle name. :D:D:D

No, seriously. If you're used to internet and all the mechanism it offers, it's basically pretty easy to find information such as this. GOOGLE is the mysterious word. Just write Matija Gubec peasant revolt in the search bar and you get a lot of info on Gubec and the revolt. It's as easy as that.

Tomaz

A group of Reading fans are looking for a hotel as close to the track as possible.

I expect it's likely to be fully booked, but when we went to Krsko last year there was a hotel across the road not far from the track.

Does anyone know the name of the hotel and any contact details?

If anyone knows of any other places to stay in or near to Krsko, please post details.

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin. I'm not quite sure which hotel you have in your mind, but the only hotel that is near the stadium and across the road is "Pacific" hotel.

The other hotel in Krsko is Hotel Sremic - it's the biggest one and probably worth checking, although it is usually fully booked well in advance.

I think most of the riders and officials stay in Terme Catez area which is approximately 14 km outside Krsko. There are 3 hotels and a campsite in the area.

http://www.terme-catez.si/en/

For contact information for all these hotels and also other accomodation possibilities in the area, please visit Posavje tourism information website : http://www.posavje-turizem.com/en/index.htm

Edited by tomazpozrl

For contact information for all these hotels and also other accomodation possibilities in the area, please visit  Posavje tourism information website : http://www.posavje-turizem.com/en/index.htm

Thanks Tomaz, I just wanted to write the name of that website! POSAVJE is the name of the region that includes 3 communities: Krsko, Brezice and Sevnica.

Thats pretty much it about accomodation, if you check one of those places listed now, it shouldnt be a problem to get a room.

Well, its true that those places that are listed in town KRSKO are closest to the stadium but places in town BREZICE (like Terme Catez) are also pretty close. It helps when you have a car though...

Regards

Thanks Tomaz and Sunnygirl for accomodation info.

Do you know when the GP tickets are likely to go on sale?

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin!

Hmm... If I were you, I wouldnt expect tickets to go on sale in the near future.

Unfortunately, I agree...

But I think they should be out in March, April.

I will let you know when that happens!

Regards