British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
norbold

Specially for CHK

I also remember a song something like: Judy in Disguise with glasses, which came to mind along with my Gran's transistor radio.

From memory it was John Fred & The Playboys who sang that back in 1968 - the same year that Yummy Yummy Yummy was a hit for Ohio Express, Helule Helule for the Tremeloes AND I'll Pretend by Des O'Connor! :shock::o ! :blink:

Edited by Bryn

They don't write songs like those any more, do they Bryn? :rolleyes:

Nor like "Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight?" either Norbold! :wink:

Nor like "Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight?" either Norbold! :wink:

AAHH those were the days...Lonnie Donegan, His dad was a dustman I believe

:rolleyes:

AAHH those were the days...Lonnie Donegan, His dad was a dustman I believe

:rolleyes:

Believe you're right Nobby and, apparently, he wore a dustman's hat, cor blimey trousers and lived in a council flat! :wink:

Mind you, I believe he also looked a proper nana in his great big hob nail boots.

At The Shay around 67/68 on Saturday nights, I think I remember them always playing Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells, Dizzy by Tommy Roe and Gimme Gimme Good Lovin' by Crazy Elephant (mind you I was only 6/7 years old at the time).

Those songs coupled with "that smell" bring back fantstic memories.

Ah the memories. "Dizzy" by Tommy Roe at Leicester, along with the Sweets "Little Willy", & who could forget the crowd joining in with "Gordon is a moron" by Jilted John when a certain Mr Kennett was riding. Happy days. :D