British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

I'd imagine that you would be able to get tickets on the day (although obviously I can't guarantee it). First GP of the season will bring fresh hope and hopefully a bumper crowd but I'm sure the capacity of Wroclaw is close to 40,000. The stadium is technically all seated with benches forming most of the capacity but some proper seats in the main stand. Whether you use the bench / seat depends on how excitable the fans around you are.

Last year we booked tickets in advance and picked them up at practice. It's probably easier doing it that way and you don't have to worry about the tickets. From memory it was a pretty easy process that the organisers set up (they took credit card payment unlike the organisers at Bydgoszcz).

Rico :rolleyes:

Hi Rico could you tell me which is the best area to get crowd involvement and good viewing please. :)

Hey sjw,

Crowd involvement - I've seen one or two I wouldn't mind getting involved with, that's for sure :P Lovely Polish ladies :D

Last year we sat in the main stand and the view was great - I also went to a meeting at the end of last season and sat on the exit to the fourth bend where the view was perfectly acceptable. Given the openness of the stadium I don't think there is likely to be a bad view anywhere although I read somewhere that sitting far back in the main stand is not a great view.

Assuming you mean atmosphere and just general craziness for the term 'crowd involvement' my suggestion would be on the back straight, toward the third bend. That looked pretty rocking and it's where I'm intending to head to in April.

Edited by Rico

Rico....

If I buy 'a' ticket.. will that technically allow me to stand/sit anywhere on the benches in the stadium, or do you think there will be allocated seats?? :unsure:

If I buy 'a' ticket.. will that technically allow me to stand/sit anywhere on the benches in the stadium, or do you think there will be allocated seats?? :unsure:

Queen Bee,

There are allocated seats within the main grandstand, other than that it is all unreserved benches.

I can't remember if it was a total free-for-all for the rest of the stadium or if you were given an entrance to go in and then sit within that area. For the open meeting I went to you could buy tickets for different entrances to the stadium (and they were priced differently) but I can't be sure about the SGP. I'll check with a man who will know though, failing that I'm sure that when tickets go on sale it will be apparent.

Unless you're in the main stand, there are no reserved seats and it can get a little bit heated, finding a seat. Buying an advanced ticket for a particular area, just gets you into that area. After that you're on your own, great fun really.

Last year we sat in sector A next to the main stand, it's O.K but you need to get a seat early doors as it's quite popular with the more sedate Polish fans. This year we're down the back straight with the more "bouyant" Polish fans.

Rico i need help booking three tickets for euro gp can you help me with a website or something.

Terry

Keep an eye out on here and the SpeedwayWorld pages for when the tickets go on sale.

Not sure when they are likely to go on sale.

Edited by Rico

Thanks Rico, i really can't wait actually as this is my first Grand Prix overseas.

Terry

Thanks Rico, i really can't wait actually as this is my first Grand Prix overseas.

Terry

Nie ma za co Terry (you best get learning your Polish !).

I can't speak highly enough of Wroclaw both as a city to visit and a racetrack. The GP last year was superb. I think you've made a wise choice for your overseas debut.

I take your kidding about learning Polish then, or do i really need to learn it.

Terry

Take it from me Terry, Rico NEVER kids when he's talking about Poland. :wink:

And Ree-co are you rubbing it in again? :mad: