British Speedway Forum
iris123

Ice Speedway Semi draw

Having been at Telford all day, I tried to access the forum on my PDA but lost the signal, So having just got back I have seen the results.

It looks very interesting for the three rounds (or is it 6 seperate rounds at three venues?).

Well done to Franky up against some stern opposition, and Very well done to Gunter Bauer - winning his "home" semi final and only dropping two points. Excellent stuff - just so long as he doesn't bottle it he could be a spoiler.

Eibl going through was a good sign for the future, but I do feel sorry for Marian Kreklau. Obviously Russia wasn't as easy as he'd hoped.

Serenius - 57 this year but no Swedes appear to be able to to take his mantle, Aakko through - goes well on the softer western tracks, whilst Johnny Tuinstra scrapes in as the new Dutch No. 1, and a good prospect. (Declairing an interest here - I supply Johnny with photos ). Klabo Jnr - expected he would go through, but Marcus Skabraut - very pleased for him, watched him ride for a couple of years now and thought with the right push he could be in the Championship. Don't see him winning, but will give Franky Zorn much needed moral support.

As for the Russians - Krasnikov has got to be favourite, with Bulankin coming back from Injury. Don't see Vitali Komitsevich troubling him, although Dmitri Komitsevich and Dani Ivanov are cracking riders who don't care who they beat and could cause a few upsets. Ivan Ivanov is a good rider, but can be unpredictable, Loumpov is a good rider but I think he's missed his chance - and he is now the "old man" of the team. Bogdanov - never seen him ride and can't comment - but he's there isn't he so you can't discount him.

Simon and Olsen at reserve? Simon is another rider who has been around for a while, whilst Olsen, like Bogdanov, I've never seen him ride, so I can't comment.

Simon getting in at reserve gives Austria 3 riders, the second largest number of riders after the Russians (8), and ahead of Sweden (2), Germany (2), Finland, Czech Rep, and The Netherlands (1 each).

However, it is becoming more and more apparent that the Russians are still the most dominant and talented nation on the Ice.

Making a prediction then conkers? Would be very good if Bauer,Aakko or Zorn made it onto the rostrum.I will be happy if going to Berlin one of them still had a chance,but fear they might be lucky just to stop a Russian top 5 :unsure:

As for Marian,he spent the week in Russia from the Team champ.He says it was down to him,his bikes were fine.

My guess is;

1.Bulankin(think there will be only a few points between the 2)

2.Krasnikov

3.I.Ivanov

4.D.Komitsevich

5.Lumpov or Bauer(if Inzell was holding a final,would be more confident)

Edited by iris123

OK I'll stick my neck out and say:

1) Nikolai Krasnikov.

2) Dmitri Khomecevich

3) Dmitri Bulankin

4) Franz Zorn or Gunter Bauer

5) Antti Aakko.

As I said, with two of the rounds on the softer artificial tracks, it gives riders like Aakko and Zorn an advantage, so the Russians will have to dominate the first two rounds in their homeland.

I can't see a non- Russian World Champion this year, although like many others, I want to see some good racing.

Bring it on guys!

I do have a slight fear that no non-russian will get into the first 7.Sure Franky and the rest will have one maybe two good rounds each but i think the russians will be too consistent :(Agree with the racing though,can't wait

Edited by iris123

Hi guys

I was Inzell this weekend and I must say it was a great meeting. It was the first Ice speedway meeting I saw live in my life and I was really impressed with all the action.

Bauer was just magnificent !!! He was slow from the gates, but then made some excellent passes both inside and outside. V. Komitsevich was also very quick, especially on saturday, while on sunday he didn't really push it. Dmitri K. and both Ivanovs were also very fast.

I expected a little bit more from Zorn, but he just didn't seem to be able to be fast enough against the Russians and Bauer.

I made some photos from the meeting, which are available here : http://community.webshots.com/album/273933999fgwnaX

I also made some video clips. Here is one from heat 12 (V.Khom - Bauer) :

http://www.slospeedway.net/images/MOV01453.avi

And here is another one from the big final :

http://www.slospeedway.net/images/MOV01556.avi

Thanks Tomaz :D I thought you were going,saw the questions on inspeed.de,but as there was nothing else thought maybe you changed your mind.What about Berlin?

The footage is quite good all things considered, Tomaz.

Thanks for posting it.

I trust you will be joining us in Berlin in five weeks time?

Edited by Conkers

I'm not sure about Berlin, but I will probably give it a miss. The only reason why we went to Inzell is because it's very close to Slovenia and we just couldn't wait for the "real speedway" season to begin.

It was a great weekend, with lot of action on and off the track, but to be honest I still find the classic speedway much more interesting.