British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Bundesliga Team Assembling

Interesting way of building a team with max and min points allowed

Riders :unsure:

Guest KFC Baby

Please excuse my ignorance of German speedway, but is it right that there are two meetings in two days at Olching on 23rd and 24th July.

We have an opportunity to go then but I am puzzled about the two meetings.

Have any teams been announced yet?

There does appear to be 2 meetings on as you say.1.Bundesliga one day and 2.Bundesliga the other.

Teams for the 1.Bundesliga

Olching-Brokstedt-Diedenbergen-Neuenknick

2.Bundesliga

Olching-Diedenbergen-Pfaffenhofen-Landshut

looks to be a good weekend

Team line ups currently known can be seen here,but they are squads so it's not easy to know who is appearing,although Smoli is bound to be there :D As you can see Olching have only 2 riders on the list at the mo but i expect Fritz Wallner and Lee Richardson will be riding for them as well as they are in the list at the top of the thread.:unsure:

Edited by iris123

Guest KFC Baby

Thanks for the info Iris123. Your link takes you to an interesting site/forum, shame my german is not good enough!

Is 2.Bundesliga akin to the premier or conference league?

vielen dank.

It's o.k i come from London,just living out here.

Would say 2.Bundesliga is a mixture of lower Premier and Conference.Hard to say really as last year Matze Schultz(who was German champ at the time rode in it,as did S.Katt) but mostly it's the youngsters .Still some good racing :D

Guest KFC Baby

Thanks Iris123.

We are planning to go to the Saturday meeting at Olching.

The Sunday one was tempting but it was tricky at work to have the Monday off as well as the previous week (in Austria)

Now we know it's the younger riders we'll give it a miss, sadly.

Thanks again for your help. We are looking forward to it.

I know there is some difference on some web sites but i believe you will see the 2.Bundesliga on the 23rd

Look here for the official fixtures for 1.Bundesliga :(

Guest stanclrules
It's o.k i come from London,just living out here.

Would say 2.Bundesliga is a mixture of lower Premier and Conference.Hard to say really as last year Matze Schultz(who was German champ at the time rode in it,as did S.Katt) but mostly it's the youngsters .Still some good racing :D

you forgot H. Loof who has a quite impressive average of 10,76 (5,38 doubled) in 2nd league with riding all 4 meetings (except the final, where he got injured)... btw. I read on his website that he is linked to workington... although I think he'll struggle I wish him all the best of luck... maybe he really proof us all wrong, who knows... :)

Edited by stanclrules

Agreed stanclrules,wish him the best of luck for the next season wherever he rides,especially with Brokstedt ;)

Morten Risager has signed for Brokstedt. The meetings he is riding in are:

27. Marts - 2005 Neuenknick-Olching-Brockstedt-Diedenberg

10. April - 2005 Diedenbergen-Neuenknick-Olching-Brokstedt

01. Maj - 2005 Brokstedt-Diedenbergen-Neuenknick-Olching

24. Juli - 2005 Olching-Brokstedt-Diedenbergen-Neuenknick

:D

Can someone tell me which Bundesliga track is the nearest to the Belgian border please?

Kevin,if you fancy a trip to Germany for a meeting,why not come a bit further and on 14th & 15 th May at Teterow there is a festival of speed to nick a phrase.During the day on the biggest grasstrack in the world will be the qualifiers for the Golden Helmet,ect.Later on there will be an international speedway meeting in the stadium next door.After that if you stay in a tent theaction goes on through the night on the camp site. :D The next day is the main event for the grasstrack and if you still have not had enough about half-hour away there will be another international speedway meeting at Güstrow.Take a look here to see how well the British boys have done at Teterow in the past.

Alternatively if you fancy seeing Kelvin challenge for the Longtrack G.P title,try 20 & 21.08 at Parchim.There will be practise on the saturday at Parchim.Parchim will then be hosting the 1.Bundesliga in the evening,just down the road at Ludwigslust.Then the G.P will be on the 21st.Another great weekend of racing.Look here for info and click on "aktuell" you can see a video of the 2002 meeting :D Just an idea for you