British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KIWIPIRATE

Handlebars...

Really, I promise, I quit..... :twisted: Personally I like tight and grippy, with a big set of hamdlebars... Oooops sorry....

Well, I seemed to have started something here ... amazing how these threads can sometimes take on a life of their own, though I didn't really expect handlebars to be such an intense subject :D

Now, let me think of something else....

engine plates

now I'm sure Ove Fundin had shinier engine plates than Ronnie Moore....

Guest pedersen jnr

lets all talk bout pro aussie push bars now lol

it appears us old timers fell asleep on the job last night - maybes another time...

Sorry for the screw up...

Guest pedersen jnr

wot u on about green helmats colours for jb?

In the 60s, at Cutom House, they used to run 5 rider races in the second half of the meetings, with a green and white helmet colour :!:

I'm shure this would be a better option than green and save all the mix up with the now mostly yellow helmets. What happend to Yellow and Black :?:

To keep on thread what about coloured HB covers :D

Dont mean to stray any further, but remember the days of straight pipes and when the rider backed off the throttle a flame would be at the exhaust until the gave it some gas? I guess it was residual fuel that was ignited, quite a sight at night. Handlebars are cool, uh or were... Somehow,... I don't think that came out right

I havent been drinking promise! Sorry for wasting valuable space, wont happen again... Bloody computers!!! :twisted:

i just had a whisky chaser - any of the boyos online tonight then?

how about the pits spares - surely a glory area in any riders career!

Whilst on my soap box. Can anyone tell me where a GREEN helmet colour from. I mean G...R...E....E....N :!: :!: :?: :twisted:

Not sure where green helmet colours originated, but they have been used in Australia for quite a few years, mainly when the larger tracks stage six rider races, I've seen a few other colours used as well. But the biggest joke of all was when David Tapp decided to get rid of hemet colours completely for a full International Masters Series in OZ.

Trying to follow a six rider race without helmet colours was not easy, despte Billy Hamill's idea of attaching a little flag to his helmet, changing the colours to match what helmet colour he would of had on.