British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adder

2005 Speedway World Cup, Uk Leg

Prices for the UK leg of the SWC at Swindon on Sunday 31st July are as follows:

Adults £22, Children £10. No word on other concessions as yet.

At the moment it doesn't look like we will be going to this, too much expense after our main holiday and Prague GP....shame really, never been to Swindon.

I thought it was at Coventry :unsure:

Nothing is at Coventry any more. :sad:

Prices for the UK leg of the SWC at Swindon on Sunday 31st July are as follows:

Adults £22, Children £10.  No word on other concessions as yet.

Bang there goes the idea of driving up for that one :lol:

For £22 I'd expect a seat and a decent view!

Not standing at the top of a grass bank exposed to all weathers and appalling toilets.

Have you noticed that the Swedish round is about £12 to stand!?

With the meeting being on Sky many will opt to watch it on tele, the crowd will be sparse and look crap. They keep banging on about speedway being a family sport, where's a family ticket or heavy discounts for kids, you are not talking about kids taking up expensive seats at a place like Swindon.

Surely with prices closer to Elite league prices and help for families there would have been a much bigger crowd which not only looks better for the tv it would cover the difference in the gate receipts.

As usual very shortsighted by those concerned.

This is a qualifying round with potentially one very weak side, not the World Team Final.....pass the remote control!!

I think £22 is a wrip off. It was expensive last year at Poole but I prefer their stadium to Swindon and also as Poole held the race-off and the final at least you could save money if you purchased both tickets. I don't think Swindon will get a very good crowd for that meeting with that price and with it being televised - we don't even know yet if Team GB will be racing in that meeting do we??

we don't even know yet if Team GB will be racing in that meeting do we??

I'd have thought the odds will be stacked in favour of Team GB being drawn/seeded to the Swindon meeting and Sweden to the Eskilstuna meeting.

we don't even know yet if Team GB will be racing in that meeting do we??

I'd have thought the odds will be stacked in favour of Team GB being drawn/seeded to the Swindon meeting and Sweden to the Eskilstuna meeting.

Yes that makes sense Kevin, least both meetings that way which attract extra fans

Its Great Britain, Denmark, Czech Republic and possibly the USA to ride in the leg at Swindon!!

Looks a great line-up and hard to predict a winner!!