British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomhaines

Sgp 1 Line-up

Presumably Gollob will start favourite in front of his own fans? Always seems to turn it on in Poland, particularly on familiar tracks like Katowice?

AndyM it's Wroclaw and not Katowice.

Think Gollob had a disappointing grand prix at Wroclaw last year - went out with an engine failure from memory. He looks to be flying in Poland at the minute - matching Rickardsson point-for-point. I guess they will be the favourites.

be very dissapointed if scotty doesnt make the semis from this line up.

he should win his 1st heat unchallenged :approve:

he should win his 1st heat unchallenged

Expecting an exclusion for Nicki Pedersen then?

Ever been there?  I have!  The track is between the two cities and certainly used to be known as Katowice more than Wroclaw.

You are getting confused Andy.

This meeting is at Wroclaw, a totally different city. You are confusing the issue with Chorzow, which is where the national stadium (Slaski) is.

Wroclaw hosted a GP last year, the 2 previous years the extra Polish round was in the Slaski Stadium.

Rico :rolleyes:

Heat 11 :D Pedersen, Crump, Gollob, Richardson. Thats one I'm not predicting :D

Also you got him down for 3 heats off gate 3 ?  Don't like to be picky but is this correct ?

Heat 2 is wrong, he is off gate 2 not gate 3.

After studying the heats line up I fancy a wager on Nicki Pedersen . Anyone no the betting for the  first GP ?
The heat line up means very little as to who will win, al 16 riders ride against each opposing rider once. It's not some Mickey Mouse Newport Speedway 12 rider line up where riders meet some riders 3 times and others not at all. Edited by SCB

Whats all this draw numbers about? :rolleyes:

Is there a draw at the beggining of every GP?

A draw is made to give you your riding position in the GP, otherwise you'd end up with the same 20 races each GP.

The draw for the second GP will from memory be made either at Wroclaw or shortly after.

Rico :rolleyes:

Heat 11 :D  Pedersen, Crump, Gollob, Richardson.  Thats one I'm not predicting :D

Heat 2 is wrong, he is off gate 2 not gate 3.

The heat line up means very little as to who will win, al 16 riders ride against each opposing rider once.  It's not some Mickey Mouse Newport Speedway 12 rider line up where riders meet some riders 3 times and others not at all.

Yeah I know what your saying mate about everybody meeting everyone else but ideally you would like the inside gates in the 1st half of meeting and the outer gaters in the latter half.

Obviously the opposition and their form running into the GP is significant also.

For example look at Crumpy . He as the outter gates early on followed by the inner gates in the latter half . Don't be susprised if he struggles to qualify fot the top 8.

Now i've put my head on the block