British Speedway Forum
pudding

Six Lap Races

i know i've added this to other threads , but i'd like to know why 6 lap races wouldnt improve speedway ,

oh! and by the way if it ever happens don't forget who's idea it was THE PUDDING , and if the 6 lap races get's slated it was andy m's idea , cos i usually agree with him :rolleyes:

Would certainly give us more action for our money :D

There are some races you wish would last a few more laps and others you wish were over after a couple. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Would certainly give us more action for our money  :D

exactly plus it would produce even better races , just think off racers like loram/screen etc with another lap or two , & surley the motors would have to be tuned to be more durable to last those extra laps and the extra weight added with more fuel needed should provide closer racing , it would not cost much to implement , every body wins dont they ?

oh! and by the way if it ever happens don't forget who's idea it was THE PUDDING , and if the 6 lap races get's slated it was andy m's idea , cos i usually agree with him  :rolleyes:

You're right that I wouldn't be in favour of 6-lap races as such, but more because I think the basic product is OK and doesn't need gimmicks. 6-lappers whenever I've seen them tend to detract from the quality of racing rather than add to it - you just get two more processional laps rather than extra passing. :rolleyes:

You're right that I wouldn't be in favour of 6-lap races as such, but  more because I think the basic product is OK and doesn't need gimmicks.  6-lappers whenever I've seen them tend to detract from the quality of racing rather than add to it - you just get two more processional laps rather than extra passing. :rolleyes:

what about 3 laps then

In the 1999 and 2000 Elite league, heat 15 was 6 laps, it did nothing, you just had 2 more laps of processional races as by that time most riders have settled down into a position because if a rider is going to pass someone he will have done it by then any way.

that something new then ?? :lol:

totally agree with ya tho as long as an engibe is what i think it is ;)

what about 3 laps then

Why change a winninng formula?

Why change a winninng formula?

because in my opinion its not a winninng or even a winning formula anymore , one of my mate's ( my sandracing mechanic ) recently attended his first speedway meeting & when i asked him what he thought he said there wasnt enough racing , and with other topics on here regarding improving racing with upright's / laydowns ,tuning cost's , adding weight's , riders insurance etc etc i just thought 6 lap races could solve some of these problems , hey it was just a idea

Guest The Throttlejockey
because in my opinion its not a winninng or even a winning formula anymore , one of my mate's ( my sandracing mechanic ) recently attended his first speedway meeting & when i asked him what he thought he said there wasnt enough racing , and with other topics on here regarding improving racing with upright's / laydowns ,tuning cost's ,  adding weight's , riders insurance etc etc  i just thought 6 lap races could solve some of these problems , hey it was just a idea

dont know about over there but we have a few six lappers with 5 or 6 riders on tight venues such as our local 319 mts and a 6 lap final with crump, sullivan, adams, shields, hancock, hamill out a few years back is still one of the best races i have ever seen passing on every turn as they went hard on the noise goin for the holeshot. If you give the arse about the comments about being processional these races when the dudes are going for it are well worth the money i reckon... B)

Edited by The Throttlejockey

dont know about over there but we have a few six lappers with 5 or 6 riders on tight venues such as our local 319 mts and a 6 lap final with crump, sullivan, adams, shields, hancock, hamill out a few years back is still one of the best races i have ever seen passing on every turn as they went hard on the noise goin for the holeshot. If you give the arse about the ignoramus comments about being processional these races when the dudes are going for it are well worth the money i reckon... B)

cool even better 6 rider 6 lap race's , hows that for value ?

Guest The Throttlejockey
cool even better 6 rider 6 lap race's , hows that for value ?

rock on puddin!! when the riders are going off big style dude its well worth the price of admission if there on a track 450 mts or less that is B)