British Speedway Forum
Anders`

Cardiff Gp - 2nd Severn Crossing

Recently for all the football play offs there has been a speed camera van parked on the gantry as you approach the toll booths.

This area has recently had it's speed limit reduced to 50mph.

Bewarned the bleeders may be there.

(sorry posted in the other section before i saw this one!! :oops: )

Yes me and Nevsy were caught by them for the New Year Classic earlier in the year, so I will be driving the whole way there at 49mph :P

they also have mobile camaras on the M4 between junction 14 - 18 highlighted on the news latley, they can read your car's speed a half mile away, and don't forget................

""those new electronic signs on the M4? Well they were switched on by some transport minister on Tuesday. Now the bad news, they are rigged with the SPECS speed cameras.

SPECS is a camera based system. As you go past a camera software detects and reads your number plate. When you go past the next camera, it detects and reads your number plate again. It knows how far apart the cameras are so it can work out your average speed between the two cameras.

The system is fully automatic and will automatically issue a ticket without any form of human intervention. It does this for every single vehicle that passes a camera! You will not know you've been nicked as the cameras don't flash. There's no film in them either, they're digital. Images of you in your car, together with the date and time are stored on disc (I assume they only keep them if you've been nicked).

It works 24/7, 365 days a year, and theoretically, there's absolutely no limit on the number of tickets that it can issue.

The whole section of the M4 between Theale (J12) and Membury Services (between 14 and 15) is wired, both ways. It is believed that the system

is set to trigger a ticket at 78 mph.

The bad news gets even worse. For those who've got radar detectors, they won't work. SPECS is entirely passive, there's no radar or laser beam to pick up.

Happy Motoring! ""

The whole section of the M4 between Theale (J12) and Membury Services (between 14 and 15) is wired, both ways. It is believed that the system

is set to trigger a ticket at 78 mph.

Hmmmm....glad I didn't go above 75 on the way to Swindon the other week then! :o:D

Yes me and Nevsy were caught by them for the New Year Classic earlier in the year, so I will be driving the whole way there at 49mph :P

I aint risking it this time-too many bad memories :angry:

Going by coach and going to ride shot gun for the driver and see where all these 50 mile per hour gog gog gog signs are that werent there in January.

Edited by Nevsy

BEWARE of the speed camera vans which hide in laybys on the A449 going towards Newport from the M50. I got done it's only 70MPH.

Well you're unlucky. Not that I am suggesting people ignore this info but this van has not got me and I have driven past it probably 50 times in the last 18 months.

Yep another part of Labours war against the motorist! :rolleyes:

The sooner the speed limit is raised from its archaic current level the better!

How much is it then? I'm doing the driving this weekend, and I have no idea?

The sooner the speed limit is raised from its archaic current level the better!

In most cases maybe but I think there's a more than valid reason to have a 50mph limit leading up to the toll booths.

f-s-p, £4.80 for a car.

Edited by SCB

In most cases maybe but I think there's a more than valid reason to have a 50mph limit leading up to the toll booths.

f-s-p, £4.80 for a car.

You mean the road toll???

I meant the speed limit on lets say M4... may be I got something wrong in the first place :blink:

Well after I crossed the bridge it appears to have dropped to 50mph-never used to be and I swear to this day I never saw any signs-again my fault

I was doing boringly 66mph thinking I was under the 70 limit-my fault sure -points and fine-easy money.

I now have a loyalty card with Specsavers though which was the one good thing to come out of it all,and I have seen my childrens faces for the first time B)

that through the 20 zones in cardiff matt? :P:D:wink: