British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jay

Travelling From The North Or The Midlands?

Toll booths!! They make you pay to enter Wales.. they should be paying you! :wink:

Hello to all our welsh viewers!! :D

And me LW!! It's beer money.. or kebab money! :wink:

I think you've been talking to my wife Pantherslair and trying to get me to take her to see her favourite man... even before me.. Rosco!

The M50 WILL be closed.  All you have to do is stick to the M4 and go over the bridge (it's ok, we don't charge you to get out, after all, we want to get rid of you)

hey SCB, English people dont mind paying to enter a 3rd World country and given the choice we would be happy pay to leave it. :lol:

If you come from the north you don't have to go on the M50, well we don't anyway!!

Were going on the M6, M5 and then the M4 to Cardiff!!

Wots up with that??

LOL you've always been going the long way plus been paying the tolls then. M50 cuts that out and is quicker.

I bet they didn't close the M50 for the FA cup final a couple of weeks ago.

Just to clear this up for a thick person like me who is trying to work out all the different permitations..... :blink: will I be able to get off the M5 at junction 8 and go on the M50 for 22 miles until it reaches the A449?

Only my navigator is not very reliable sometimes so I want to be clear before I set off. :P

Just to clear this up for a thick person like me who is trying to work out all the different permitations..... :blink:  will I be able to get off the M5 at junction 8 and go on the M50 for 22 miles until it reaches the A449?

Only my navigator is not very reliable sometimes so I want to be clear before I set off.  :P

yes i second that question, I would like to know if its still possible to go that way this saturday?as i have been down that road the last few years, always stop off at a transport cafe along the way to cardiff, its scruffy but food is ok.

I think its quicker for us down M50

In the past, we have exited the M5 at J8, taken the M50 / A40 / A449 to Newport, then M4 to Cardiff. More scenic than crossing the bridge.

IF (part of) the M50 is closed, you can continue on the M5 to J11, then take A40 / A449 / M4. I hope :blink:

Return journey ? Who cares ? Got all day :D

Sloop is correct. As far as I can see you have 2 alternatives Gem.

1) You go all the way down the M5 turning off at the M4 and go over the bridge and pay the toll (mentioning money again, i'll get told off by LW).

2) M4 until Gloucester and pik up the A40 to Ross-on-Wye and then that connects to the M50 and you can then continue down the M50 (And no toll to pay).

The choice, is yours!! :D

In the past, we have exited the M5 at J8, taken the M50 / A40 / A449 to Newport, then M4 to Cardiff. More scenic than crossing the bridge.

That's the route I've got from the A.A. if I ever get there. :wink:

2) M4 until Gloucester and pick up the A40 to Ross-on-Wye and then that connects to the M50 and you can then continue down the M50 (And no toll to pay).

Bit too narrow and twisty for my liking that one. M5/M50/A449/M4 has always been the best one for me.

I think you've been talking to my wife Pantherslair and trying to get me to take her to see her favourite man... even before me.. Rosco!

Oh go on Jay, I've never met you but you know you want to go to Swindon to see Coventry win! :D (oh dear God I don't sound like a Poole fan do I?)