British Speedway Forum

Come on. He was bang to rights in his last heat. Not even Clarence Darrow could have saved him on that one.

That said, I'm pleased that you were happy with Crump's pace on Saturday. I am pretty sure that he wasn't.

And you're wrong, anyway. Crump's a winner. Only interested in winning. He wouldn't "gladly" have accepted finishing 2nd in ANY heat he races in.

The problem with his last race wouldn’t have occurred if not for the first two dubious exclusions. If you’re only highlighting that race to suit you’re argument then it shows you really feel the same.

You’re seriously suggesting that if Crump had gathered together 10 points, then finished second in a semi final and was lining up at tapes in the final he wouldn’t be “glad”?

Crump has many times said in interviews how he is happy with his overall result, even when not winning a GP. You must have seen this?

you are of course right - now that ive had a chance to view the tape I can see that Crumpy clearly hit a rut and gained a massive bit of drive - very unlucky and summed up his night

I was also wrong about there not being much racing boss2 - I don't know what I was doing in Cardiff but I reckon my priority must have been the Guinness  :oops:  :lol:

Thanks Splatty was starting to think having no track and going to Wolves every week was affecting me! :wink:

Does anyone else think that when Nigel Pearson was praising Crump for "applauding the fans" he was actually taking the pee out of the ref for finally getting one right? :unsure:

The problem with his last race wouldn’t have occurred if not for the first two dubious exclusions. If you’re only highlighting that race to suit you’re argument then it shows you really feel the same.

You’re seriously suggesting that if Crump had gathered together 10 points, then finished second in a semi final and was lining up at tapes in the final he wouldn’t be “glad”?

Crump has many times said in interviews how he is happy with his overall result, even when not winning a GP. You must have seen this?

Balderdash.

Crump wasn't on the pace, end of story. He'd have been lucky to qualify for the semis even without the exclusions. Norris passed him like was standing still. If Crump only blames the referee for his failure on Saturday, then he deludes himself. And if he does that, then TR will walk all over him in the rest of the GPs this season. Because TR is setting the pace and Crump is not even close to that pace.

And I'm an admirer of Crump.

Edited by Subedei

Balderdash.

Crump wasn't on the pace, end of story. He'd have been lucky to qualify for the semis even without the exclusions. Norris passed him like was standing still. If Crump only blames the referee for his failure on Saturday, then he deludes himself. And if he does that, then TR will walk all over him in the rest of the GPs this season. Because TR is setting the pace and Crump is not even close to that pace.

And I'm an admirer of Crump.

Many reply and two question within it. You’ve not answered them. Thanks for that. Balderdash is good though, certainly moves thinks forward.

I’ll gladly agree to disagree with you and end the “debate” now.

Cheers

Ouch.

Okay, your questions and their answers:

Lucky would probably be a better word for what he would be feeling with 5 seconds in qualifying and a second in the semi.

Wasn't happy finishing second in the world 3 times, was he? No, he wanted to win. I think my point is made.

And that was down to being gifted a 2nd chance, after the first running was stopped on the final bend. So, he's had good luck as well.

It all comes down to night itself.

Trick 25 points :P

Crump 4 points :cry:

Crump is a profesional sports man and should behave acordingly. You dont see Shumacher, Alonso or Button take thier frustrations out on the itv cameras when things are not going their way? 

"

difference is that you dont get someone running into the garage to stick a camera under Schumakers nose as he get out of the car

Crump is the one who is the disgrace. He's supposed to be the World Champion, he's meant to represent the sport and instead he acts like a petulant little baby just because he was excluded. I saw a few riders have decisions against them, but they didn't cry or bully the sky crew, they actually gave an interview and acted like professionals. Jason Crump is a total disgrace and a black eye on the world of speedway with his childish fits.

Tatum was the Grasstrack World Champion and he did the same a few years ago when he had a coming together with Ollie Allen

Okay, your questions and their answers:

Lucky would probably be a better word for what he would be feeling with 5 seconds in qualifying and a second in the semi.

Wasn't happy finishing second in the world 3 times, was he? No, he wanted to win. I think my point is made.

Balderdash.

Balderdash.

So Crump was happy finishing 2nd in the World Championship 3 years running? He never looked that happy about it.

And consider this: had Hampel been fit for the 2nd and 3rd GPs there's no guarantee Crump would be standing 2nd at the minute, is there? You disagree? Well, true, there's no way of knowing. Just as there's no way of knowing Crump would have qualified for the semis without the refereeing decisions.

difference is that you dont get someone running into the garage to stick a camera under Schumakers nose as he get out of the car

i think you will find louise goodman doing just that !!!!

So Crump was happy finishing 2nd in the World Championship 3 years running? He never looked that happy about it.

And consider this: had Hampel been fit for the 2nd and 3rd GPs there's no guarantee Crump would be standing 2nd at the minute, is there? You disagree? Well, true, there's no way of knowing. Just as there's no way of knowing Crump would have qualified for the semis without the refereeing decisions.

Balderdash

Sorry, just trying something out (Rubbish) whereby you completely disregard the post you are replying to (Utter Tosh) by posting a few random words (Balls) or go onto make another point as though they are somehow related. (Arse)

Nope, doesn’t do it for me. (Bernard Crapper, Colin Pratt, oops, it’s not as easy to stop as I thought.)

Balderdash

Sorry, just trying something out (Rubbish) whereby you completely disregard the post you are replying to (Utter Tosh) by posting a few random words (Balls) or go onto make another point as though they are somehow related. (Arse)

Nope, doesn’t do it for me. (Bernard Crapper, Colin Pratt, oops, it’s not as easy to stop as I thought.)

You can always plead insanity.

You may be suprised to learn that they have changed the format for deciding the world speedway champion. Instead of the old one off 'night itself' world individual final they now use a series called the Grand Prix a bit like motor racing.

Oh yes. That reminds me... This "Grand Prix" thing...

Tony Rickardsson SWE 25 20 25 25 = 95

Jason Crump AUS 18 25 16 4 = 63

Looks like Tony might take a holiday and miss the next GP, while he gets himself sorted to give his services to another British team ???

Another 4 points for Crump in the next "Grand Prix" round, will bring him up to 67. That would mean another holiday for Tony. :lol: