British Speedway Forum
robpeasley

Red Cards Must Be Introduced Into Gp Series

I would like to see this rule introduced too, however it would guarantee Crump and Hancock missing the rest of the season for gross misconduct.

Are you still thinking about speedway?

By the second season any rider on a yellow card would be able to remove it by winning a race off 15m

Ah! Didn't I mention the first essential move? They have to appoint me as Chief Executive on a large salary funded by the additional cash available to tracks through no longer having to pay transfer or loan fees!! :lol:

I guarantee that the rules would be introduced and applied with absolute consistency! :wink:

Only because they know the system is dying. Just think how much better off the average club would be if they didn't have to pay loan fees, though! Anyway, decent leadership and management skills would be a good start to get the BSPA sorted out.

Mr Peasley

Greg Hancock although one of the nicest guys in the sport isnt whiter than white he would have been given a yellow card for stuffing Crumpy leaving him nowhere to go in their heat. Hancock should have been excluded you know it and more importantly he knows it. It is unfortunate he has a broken wrist but if you dish it out youself you have to be prepared to take it aswell.

Good Luck with your Weymouth friends I agree the track is a disgrace :wink:

V Vega esq

Thanks Henry!

Where on the body is this particulary bone placed ?

as henry said on the side of the wrist - but unfortunately breaking it comes with a high price it is one of the slowest healing bones in the body - usually 12 weeks +

Rob,

As you know I have nothing against Greg, but i believe that the injury actually came about because Chrzanowski couldnt hold onto his bike when he laid it down which hit Greg. OK I am sure people will say that Nikki stuffed Greg first making him fall, however Greg did stuff Jason a bit later on.

I personally dont have a problem with Nikki as a rider - he gives it out, but he can also take it.

Nigel Wagstaff on SKY tonight said it could be an old injury. Like VV says Greg isn't exactly an angel himself. :blink:

I thought David Norris made some very fair comments about Nicki in the GP programme.

Greg Hancock is out injured, possibly with a broken scaphoid, after being speared by Nicki Pedersen in Heat 16 at Cardiff on Saturday.

Surely now yellow and red cards should be introduced into the GP series - as the way some riders, and in particular one rider, are riding in the series is dangerous.

Nicki should have picked up a yellow for KOing Bjarne Pedersen in Sweden, then a red for his completely reckless move on Saturday night, forcing him to miss the following GP.  There has to be a consequence to his actions, otherwise where will it stop... maybe with Nicki fencing Tony R so that's it possible to catch him in the series... as for Nicki absolutely any means justify the end.

All the best

Rob

And what about Crumpy taking Nicki and Lindback out at the same time , does he get 2 red cards for that??

Or Rickardsson or Andersen for diving , definate yellow

Edited by Kylmo

Andy,

[*]Banning the rider for one scheduled appearance (without replacement) in a "sin bin"

[*]Banning him for the rest of the meeting

[*]Plus additional punishments meted out by the video panel, including fines and bans

[*]And rider bans for repeated offences.

It's not commonly known, but these sanctions are already available to a Referee. Unfortunately, they are rarely implemented as in more than 20 years of watching speedway I've only once seen a rider banned from two of his programmed heats.

sorry but greg is as fair riding as you can be in this sport(i should know having followed his career since his first trials in the uk riding erik gundersens bikes in 88)you just dont end up 2ft from the air fence on turn 2 coming from the inside gate!!! as often as nicki does-someone is gonna get seriously hurt one day-no speedway riders are angels-you cant be if you wanna win,but NP is taking things too far(a far cry from his predessesors such as erik/hans/ janno/tommy k etc)whilst crumpy had a mare on saturday there is no doubt in my mind that hans "played for and got" the rerun ,similar with TRick and norris,something needs to be done at this level to stop riders manipulating the rules(similar incident at monmore earlier this year when bomber went down and didnt get up allowing AJ another chance to get a double points win after he missed the gate 1st time out)nearly all meetings are videoed these days so plenty of evidence to ensure correct desicions are made

sorry but greg is as fair riding as you can be in this sport(i should know having followed his career since his first trials in the uk riding erik gundersens bikes in 88)you just dont end up 2ft from the air fence on turn 2 coming from the inside gate!!! as often as nicki does-someone is gonna get seriously hurt one day-no speedway riders are angels-you cant be if you wanna win,but NP is taking things too far(a far cry from his predessesors such as erik/hans/ janno/tommy k etc)whilst crumpy had a mare on saturday there is no doubt in my mind that hans "played for and got" the rerun ,similar with TRick and norris,something needs to be done at this level to stop riders manipulating the rules(similar incident at monmore earlier this year when bomber went down and didnt get up allowing AJ another chance to get a double points win after he missed the gate 1st time out)nearly all meetings are videoed these days so plenty of evidence to ensure correct desicions are made

thing is that some decisions are biassed as to who the riders involved are .

If Rickardsson had swept under Norris who would have been excluded .....NORRIS

VV,

I have looked at Heat 10 again, and I do think the ref got this one wrong. It may have been on the second bend... but it's a genuine bunching incident. Rickardsson (the inside of the three) is fairly wide, Hancock consequently riding high, leaving no room for Crump. Should have been all 4 back, although I concede if I was told that I had to exclude one of the three riders, it may be Greg on this occassion.

However, surely the key here is how this incident varies from the Nicki Pedersen ones. In Heat 10, there's no rider aiming his back wheel at other riders or being reckless... it's a racing accident, whereas Bjarne and Greg's heavy falls were completely caused by Nicki's recklessness. There's a difference in being pushed wide and having a back wheel aimed at you!!!

So yes Greg should be able to take back what he gives, and if he'd only been pushed wide on the second bend and taken a moderate fall, then no complaints... BUT what Nicki did to him is something Greg would never do!!

Actually, if a card system is introduced, I think it would be unfair if the referee had to adminster it as the meeting progressed, as they already have enough pressure. It should be up to a jury of officials (and maybe a rider or two, say former World Champions Sam Ermolenko, Billy Hamill and Gary Havelock) in the following couple of days. They could rewatch a video and decide.

For instance, from Saturday, Crump could receive a yellow for his desperate move in Heat 18 which endandered Pedersen & Lindback. Hans Andersen could receive a yellow for his act in Heat 6 which got Crump excluded. Tony Rickardsson could likewise get a yellow for his acting in Heat 3, to get Norris excluded. And Nicki would get a yellow for Heat 11 (Bjarne's fall) upgraded to red for Heat 16 (Greg's fall).

All the referees decisions on the day stand, but it's up to the jury panel to decide if further punishment should be administered or indeed if any riders who got away with something on the day should receive a punishment. A yellow would stay on a rider's record for 3 GPs, if they picked up a further yellow in the meantime, they would either be docked points or miss a GP, depending on their past disciplinary record. A red card would automatically mean the rider missing one of the next 2 GPs (this is so a big drawcard such as e.g. Nicki Pedersen would not miss the Danish GP, but would still miss the Czech GP, which would still be a massive personal blow to him).

All the best

Rob

Andy,

It's not commonly known, but these sanctions are already available to a Referee. Unfortunately, they are rarely implemented as in more than 20 years of watching speedway I've only once seen a rider banned from two of his programmed heats.

Kevin. I've been watching speedway for 34 years, man and boy; I've read the rulebook on many occasions too, but I don't recall any such power for refs and I've certainly never seen any ref enact such powers. Not that I doubt you, but could you let us know where this rule comes from and whether it's ever been applied?

Not that I doubt you, but could you let us know where this rule comes from and whether it's ever been applied?

Rule 070.2.4.2 of the FIM regulations states..

"The Referee may inflict a penalty on any person who fails to comply with any

regulation or instruction given, or is guilty of misconduct or disloyalty or unfair

behaviour, or who shows by word or action dissent from any decision given by

the Referee or other authorised Official.

The penalty may take the form of a warning, a fine or a disqualification of a

rider/sidecar team from one or more heats, removal from the meeting and/or a

warning or a report to the FMN of the rider/sidecar team for action as that body

may consider fit."

Section 20 of the current SCB Regulations gives similar powers to the Referee, and I'm pretty sure they have the same rule in Poland as well.

The only time I've ever seen this rule used was in a match between Arena-Essex and Poole around 1990 when (I think) Alun Rossiter was excluded from two heats with no replacement allowed. However, I heard about a 'sending-off' in the Polish League only a couple of seasons ago.