British Speedway Forum
Subedei

Danish Grand Prix - Copenhagen

I've never seen a motocross gate fail. I've seen speedway gates fail about 15 times this week alone!! :shock:

Yes I support Poole the team not Sullivan the Australian. I support the Brits over him any day of the week.

Fair enough I guess, although I could never switch off my support for Ipswich riders that easily...

Go Hans!!!

What a fantastic GP, I've just took the dog out for a walk, called in on my mum, nipped to the local for a couple of pints, mowed the lawn, read the latest Nuts magazine, cracked one out, nipped to the Chinky takeaway, & I haven't missed one single race. B)

Nicholls fall similar to heat 13 at Coventry.

Surely that should have been a re-run with all four riders? Nicholls was clearly caught by Gollob? :blink:

If Pedersen was given a second chance then so should Nicholls...

Edited by ezekiel

I've never seen a motocross gate fail.  I've seen speedway gates fail about 15 times this week alone!! :shock:

But I would guess that there are about 200 times more speedway races a week than moto cross - so hardly a good comparison.

I've never seen a motocross gate fail.  I've seen speedway gates fail about 15 times this week alone!! :shock:

YOu need to watch men and motors a bit more then Andy :wink: Seriously I think this is a terrible idea, at least a speedway tape breaks, or is supposed to. Motox gates are solid, when they fail the damage to man and machine would be big.

I guess the first two that make the finals will be picking gates 2 or 3 not for the dirt- but so they dont risk getting decapitated--Time will tell ;)

Crump showing signs of desperation, knowing his title is lost.

Has anyone ever tried motocross-style gates in speedway, where a metal barrier goes down? That might be dangerous, but I'm sure there must be some way to use the principle to prevent similar debacles with traditional starting gates.

Do you have any idea how much a motocross bike has in ground clearance compared to a speedway bike? The length of travel on the suspension? :rolleyes:

Edited by wimbledonwomble