British Speedway Forum
Subedei

Danish Grand Prix - Copenhagen

TR's had the best bikes around for an awfully long time.

Even last year, when he was in the mood, he'd be miles ahead of everyone. But he'd fall, or get a knock (Wroclaw, Prague) and that'd be the end of his night.

This year he's showing the determination of old. The knocks aren't affecting him. And he's romping away with the series.

KNOCKS, Apart from when he is in last place :D

Could be that he has several tuners for different tracks.

Yeah summat like that, they try engines from different tuners to see how they go I suppose?

QUOTE(crazysue @ Jun 25 2005, 10:40 PM)

Did anyone else notice the Coventry fairies in the coverage?

They were sat on the 2nd bend, lower tier, (coca cola stand), and moved to the front row, (you naughty girls you !)

I was sat above with the danes who were requesting you to remove various items of clothing !, and also moved to the front row of the middle tier !

As stated in the local paper Penske are working in association with Trick to develop a speedway frame that will be marketed as rickardsson racing frames when tony does decide to retire, i am sure that Tony is investing in this development and in know personally that these frames are manufactured outside of normal working hours.

Damit!!! :o:o this was suppose to be my story...

Yes its called a carbon fibre frame (also known as Rickardsson Frames) made by penske which has been mentioned several times already!!!!

Formerly used by Lindback also.  B)

Allowed to be tested by Lindback, according to my sources. Nothing came out of it.

Why isn't Tony revealing his tuner?  Or are there other riders down as TBC?

Quote from the speedway star: " Tony plans to fly with BA". Story itself said Brian Andersen does his engines, and no-one else this year.

Lots of interesting stuff on this page, need to catch up quick. The guy who was saying there's carbon in Tricks frame... where?! I've been staring the frame for good 45min this year, and the only carbon I've found were in the saddle holders...

The frame is build in a way, that it flexes from a point where you want it to. Also with a completely adjustable front end geometry it gives unseen possibilities to adjust it to any track. I believe it's abilities are well known within the rider community, and it gives Trick a huge mental advantage.

The name of the frame is actually "Rickardsson-Penske" frame, as said by mr Trick himself at the Cardiff press conference. :rolleyes:

The track was a bit of a lottery and the racing pretty dreary and the starting gate fiasco plain embarrassing.

Quite a good summing up,there.Must say the GP experience just isn't my thing.Only been once before,at Vojens.Got a ticket in advance,had to queue up for ever to get it.This time didn't bother with an booking in advance,had to queue up for ages.If they were selling tickets somewhere else i don't know but at the end i was they only had one window open until just before the start.Guess you couldn't complain about the view anywhere in the stadium,but as Subedei says,i thought the racing was boring.Most of the action was when someone made a mistake and fell.There was a great buzz in the stadium every time Nicki came out though!The thing with the tapes was ameteurish....As for the first heat,can't agree that few people saw that.They tapes were hanging there and by about the second lap a large section of the crowd were booing the fact the ref hadn't stopped the race.Rickardsson is the greatest rider of the GP era,without doubt and i have now seen him win at both GP's and probably win the title at both as well.Would say though that it is hard to compare riders from the Pre-GP era.Under this system,how many World titles would Mauger have won?O.K Olsen,Michanek,PC,etc would have won GP's but Mauger would have been Champ a helluva lot more times than he was.Under this system i doubt Szczakiel would have been more than a track reserve at any.

Afterwards,was witness to 2 groups of supporters trying to kick seven bells out of each other,so glad i didn't take my family with me.And can't say that it impressed me that the transport system at a National stadium seems to grind to a halt after such an event.At the local football stadium there are a fleet of shuttle busses waiting to ferry people away from the stadium to the underground,why not at a GP?All in all,not value for money,and i won't be rushing to go again

Great GP in Denmark! Was on the backstraight/Second Bend! Was nice to meet up with Gooner_Girl, The Fairys, Queen Bee and Kitten (Briefly) The Danes who we was sitting near spoiled it abit with getting drunk and throwing the cup lids and stuff but apart from that was a good GP and came back yesterday with abit of a suntan. :D. Mr Rickardsson... Class of his own... Contest over..! :approve:

They were sat on the 2nd bend, lower tier, (coca cola stand), and moved to the front row, (you naughty girls you !)

I was sat above with the danes who were requesting you to remove various items of clothing !, and also moved to the front row of the middle tier !

:lol: That was funny!!

Good gp, but after watching some of it on TV it looked boring! One of those things you have to be there for! The tapes just made a joke of the sport aswell.

Well done to Tony, and well done to Greg B)