British Speedway Forum
Subedei

Danish Grand Prix - Copenhagen

The machine inspectors do weigh bikes, and any sub-minimum machine would be reported.

Guest Jim Blanchard
So if the weight of bikes is much the same and the fuel batch is identical, how do you manufacture huge increases in BHP from what is essentially the same engine?

You put a better rider on it. :o That is worth another 10BHP.

If Trick was to lend his bikes to another rider in the GP's would they be winning them all? I doubt it. He sets them up well and get's the best from them, but essentially its him I think.

Compared to most other forms of motorcycle racing the speedway bike really is limited to the possibilities of changing the set up though, its a pretty basic concept. Its difficult to define what makes a rider faster than another but they just are. They think faster.

You put a better rider on it.  :o  That is worth another 10BHP.

If Trick was to lend his bikes to another rider in the GP's would they be winning them all? I doubt it. He sets them up well and get's the best from them, but essentially its him I think.

Compared to most other forms of motorcycle racing the speedway bike really is limited to the possibilities of changing the set up though,  its a pretty basic concept.  Its difficult to define what makes a rider faster than another but they just are. They think faster.

i agree Jim unlike road racing where speed is of the essence you often hear of riders "de-tuning" their bikes to make them competitive I remember Martin Smolinski saying the reason why he was struggling early on was the fact that his machines were actually too powerful for the british tracks hence 10-20-30 bhp extra would be absolutely no use at all on many tracks ... its a delicate mix of rider attitude/ability a competitive machine and the ability to get the right set up for the track quickly that are key and of course Trick has all of those ... nothing suspicious i fear he's just doing the job

I presume Tony uses his GP bikes/mechanics etc in his league meetings? I've not checked (hung over), but I heard he isn't doing all that great in his meetings this year??!!

If his bike was that much better in GPs, he'd be wiping the floor with league riders. So maybe it is a confidence thing, as has been mentioned? When he's interviewed he sounds excited to be doing what he's doing, as though he feels no pressure and just gets on with it, for the fun of it. Maybe the confidence thing is a snowball effect, but in his league meetings perhaps he does feel pressure because his results aren't as good as they could be?

I dunno.

Sorry to slightly change direction on this thread, but what did Antonio say for sky to apologise for his language?. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary, hter again I didn't see Pedersen being throttled by the tapes first time either :oops:

No I'm not a polish referee

I thought he said "everything was working good" and still do, but I watched the replay and it could be argued that he said "everything was f***ing good.

Perhaps Penske are involved with his engines too like Bernie has already said.

Penske do not have anything to do with Tricks motors, they are only involved with the construction of his frames, and this is done in there spare time.

If i remember correctly Brian Andersen is doing Tricks engines along with Antonios and some of Bjarnes

Hi All yes normal service resumed.

However I do beleive a lot of the forum members are right about Trick pushing the boundaries.

Penscy are new to this game but perhaps can see an opportunity to break into Speedway. I do beleive Trick has this company working on his engines.

Bikes are weighed but does this mean that the bike weight can be changed around the frame?

I appreciate Trick is very good at speedway but do we want to watch F1 boring racing transposed to speedway. I do not want this at all.

I want to watch some competitive racing. How is that 1 man can be half a lap in front of these riders. I feel its down to engines more power.

Just to add Penscy were watching and at Cardiff GP.

Edited by Bernie

However I do beleive a lot of the forum members are right about Trick pushing the boundaries.

Penscy are new to this game but perhaps can see an opportunity to break into Speedway. I do beleive Trick has this company working on his engines.

Bikes are weighed but does this mean that the bike weight can be changed around the frame?

I appreciate Trick is very good at speedway but do we want to watch F1 boring racing transposed to speedway. I do not want this at all.

I want to watch some competitive racing. How is that 1 man can be half a lap in front of these riders. I feel its down to engines more power.

Just to add Penscy were watching and at Cardiff GP.

Sorry Bernie no on no and no.

Penske have NOTHING to do with TRicks engines. brian Andersen does them, as he does a lot of other riders as well. I would however say there is a pecking order. The more you pay Andersen the longer he will work on your engines to get the best out of them.

Penske, the company itself, have nothing to do with speedway. Some of the workers at Penske work in their spare time to bild TRicks frames. Not the company itself.

As for finsing the GP series boring this year, well you should blame every other ride except TRick. It's their fault they are lagging behind. Why should TRick not continue to dominate if they haven't go their acts together?

The same at the moment goes for elite league speedway. Poole have dominated over recent seasons because no other team have got their act together to bring their standards up to Pooles.

The engines are all 500cc. You could do a test on Tonys and I bet £1000 they are within the limits. The guy is the worlds best ever speedway rider. Better than any rider that has ridden a bike before, and IMO that includes Mauger, Neilsen, Gundersen, Briggs, Olsen, Michenek, Fundin et al. In 20 years time youo can look back and say I remember Rickardsson, and these upstarts are not a patch on him etc etc etc.( and by then you will probably look back at his dominance and realise just what a star the guy is)

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Guest Jim Blanchard
There are many people on here who remember the one off finals, me being one of them, and I prefer the GP, and as you say you pay for Sky so if it went back to one off finals you'd only get one match for your money instead of 9.

Fair point home straight and I do too. Though when I said I thought the old format was a better one, I meant it in the context of a full GP series. Sorry - I did not make that clear.:oops:

Welcome back Bernie, hope the head isn't pounding too much this morning. :D

:blink:

Well, I don't think the racing has been too good in the GPs this season. But it has certainly been a joy to watch the master that is TR at work.

Guest Jim Blanchard
Fundin et al

I wonder if he knows that he has an extension to his name? :unsure: Sounds more like a middle eastern airline rather than a Swedish speedway rider :D

No Headaches but was on a friends laptop that i could not work properly.

SS I will disagree with your Post.

The riders that you are saying are not great e.g Ivan and Ole. They were in a different era and changed the sport as much as Trick is trying to change the sport.

As for Poole I am not going to make a comment. This is because I think it is a load of twaddle as per usual.

SS it was in the paper about Penscy. We are only supporters we will never know what goes on behind close doors.

Watch this space i think i might be on to something with this company they have produced a lot of engines.

You say that thes people give up their free time for Trick at what price? Do they do this and if it is just to build a frame why not and engine?

Brian is doing a lot of engines at the mo even Mortens and Andreas. But I know that he is a fair person and would treat everyone equal.

No Headaches but was on a friends laptop that i could not work properly.

SS I will disagree with your Post.

The riders that you are saying are not great e.g Ivan and Ole. They were in a different era and changed the sport as much as Trick is trying to change the sport.

As for Poole I am not going to make a comment. This is because I think it is a load of twaddle as per usual.

SS it was in the paper about Penscy. We are only supporters we will never know what goes on behind close doors.

Watch this space i think i might be on to something with this company they have produced a lot of engines.

You say that thes people give up their free time for Trick at what price? Do they do this and if it is just to build a frame why not and engine? 

Brian is doing a lot of engines at the mo even Mortens and Andreas. But I know that he is a fair person and would treat everyone equal.

The riders I listed are all greats of the sport. But IMO Rickardsson is the greatest of the great, and this time next year, when he will probably be on target for a record seven world titles, we shall all know this to be true.

Tony also rides on GM's, and Penske do not make speedway engines. The company itself released a statement to the press a few months ago distancing themselves from what their workers were doing in their spare time. Doubt they are doing it for nothing but this work has nothing to do with Penske itself.

As for Poole, well league titles and cups don't lie. The third year in a row at the top and there is a reason for this that other clubs have clicked onto. Yet.

And have you ever heard the George Orwell saying, "all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others?".

Well tonys engines are equal, but with Andersen spending abit longer on them, they can be tweaked that bit further. You pay for it, it will be done, as long as its inside the rules.