British Speedway Forum

Barbie - So pink very much the theme abroad as well then. :rolleyes:;)

Torture - If nothing else you might get some ideas on how to deal with people who 'P' you off. :P

The one with the lumberjack's saw is particularly gruesome. (insert watery eyes smiley)

If you use taxis always agree a price first. Never get out before the driver if there's a dispute over payment. Taxis have been known to drive off with your luggage as payment. I kid you not.

Barbie - So pink very much the theme abroad as well then.

The Old Royal Palace, within the precincts of Prague Castle (which is, essentially, a collection of churchs and palaces) is painted pink.

Regarding taxis, I never use them in Prague. I book airport transfers through the hotel and when in the city I walk everywhere. But it's sensible, if you insist on using a taxi, to book through the hotel.

Quick question  - who is staying where?

Bees and Crazy Sue staying in the Andel.  :D

Tabby and me staying at the Andel too :D

Fairy4ever - we are flying Gatwick to Prague with Easyjet but flight isn't until 11.40 (had an email a few days ago as the flight time had changed) if this is the same flight we'd be interested in sharing transport (we are staying at the Pyramida Hotel & there are 2 of us).

Well it's over and out till I get back from Prague (but will probably have a quick look in here now and again!)

Arrive on Tuesday till the following Tuesday and will hopefully see some of you around Prague. PM me if people are meeting up somewhere.

Will be going to the Practice on the Friday afternoon and then standing for the GP. Look out for the 45 Team Tour Banner. ala Joe.

Will be in Legends for British Final. Have fun.

Some printable race cards..

gpprint.pdf

gpprint_1.pdf

Fairy4ever - we are flying Gatwick to Prague with Easyjet but flight isn't until 11.40 (had an email a few days ago as the flight time had changed) if this is the same flight we'd be interested in sharing transport (we are staying at the Pyramida Hotel & there are 2 of us).

yes - same flight - will add you to the list. See you at the airport, we will have our pink cowboy hats :D

If you use taxis always agree a price first.  Never get out before the driver if there's a dispute over payment.  Taxis have been known to drive off with your luggage as payment.  I kid you not.

Funnily enough there was a report last week on tv about taxi's charging about 30€ more for journeys in Prague than they should

Hotel Alton for me, I fly out Thursday 7th and come back Tuesday 12th, from East Midlands.

Hope to see you folks out there, hi Tina, long time no post :D

If you do go from the airport to the city on the bus then underground watch out for the "Mafia Boys" who say they are going to help you and even pay for your ticket but try to rob you so hide your wallets and purses folks!! Don't wear a bum bag with them in as they can easily get into them.

Lovely country, great people, superb cheap beer and food, gorgeous ladies :P --but a rogue element to beware of too!!

we are staying at corinthia panorma hotel. any one know what it is like

Anyone flying to Prague from Nottingham Airport on Friday night?

Arrived ok, heavy rain all day tuesday, but brightened up today. Been into Legends Bar this afternoon and asked them if they can show the British Final on sunday night, no problem so long as the cricket has finished by then.

Maybe see some of you there B)

Arrived ok, heavy rain all day tuesday, but brightened up today.  Been into Legends Bar this afternoon and asked them if they can show the British Final on sunday night, no problem so long as the cricket has finished by then. 

Maybe see some of you there  B)

Lets give them no choice -lets be there in numbers and they will be forced to show it!!!!

LEGENDS BAR - Is the place to be!!!! :D

Anyone flying to Prague from Nottingham  Airport on Friday night?

Yes we are there will be 7 of us, come and say hello, we are staying at the Ibis City hotel,