British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

World Under 21 Final

I'm not having a go at KK.  If you read my post carefully then you will see that I have congratulated him on winning the event.

<<snipped>>

I've got more to say but I don't want to offend you.....

Go ahead - if you want to get yourself banned that is entirely your look out! It is possible to have lively debates without resorting to insulting people - it's not as though it is the first time you've done it is it.

By the way - could you clarify where I have suggested you were having a go at KK? I have read your posts very carefully, and my replies, and yes, I see you congratulate KK but nowhere can I find any accusation on my part that you had not done so.......

Thanks to Lioness for the editing by the way..... ;)

As far as I am concerned When Mark loram and TRick won the world title they did it for themselves, their country and their clubs. Same goes for KK. And I bet we will have the limo out on Wednesday night at Wimborne Road to welcome home our new world Champion! :approve:

Well done KK. Fully deserved.

I have to agree with Steve on this one he is a Poole rider and they should be happy and give him a good reception.. Its not the rider or the Poole fans fault... but the powers that be..

Edited by The Cat

I have to agree with Steve on this one he is a Poole rider and they should be happy and give him a good reception.. Its not the rider or the Poole fans fault... but the powers that be..

Oh lord - so do I.........dontcha just HATE it when that happens?! :D;)

Irrespective of what we all think,its the FIM who have made an almighty balls up of this.

I will be delighted to welcome KK back to Poole as World U21 Champion.

I have been a big fan since his 1st appearance for us in 2003,and very unhappy that he didnt ride for us at the start of 2004.Since returning 'home' midway last season,he has shown tremendous improvement.

This win is thoroughly deserved,albeit in bizarre circumstances.

Mr Bee,I agree with Robyn1972.It does appear that you are trying to bait us Poole supporters,not having much success though are you?

True,he has done it for himself,but I can assure you that he will be very pleased to bring the Title back to Poole.Just like most of the Poole fans.He loves it here,as much as we love having him here.

The whole town of Poole will recognise his efforts.

Absolutely true BobC and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Irrespective of what we all think,its the FIM who have made an almighty balls up of this.

I will be delighted to welcome KK back to Poole as World U21 Champion.

I have been a big fan since his 1st appearance for us in 2003,and very unhappy that he didnt ride for us at the start of 2004.Since returning 'home' midway last season,he has shown tremendous improvement.

This win is thoroughly deserved,albeit in bizarre circumstances.

Mr Bee,I agree with Robyn1972.It does appear that you are trying to bait us Poole supporters,not having much success though are you?

True,he has done it for himself,but I can assure you that he will be very pleased to bring the Title back to Poole.Just like most of the Poole fans.He loves it here,as much as we love having him here.

The whole town of Poole will recognise his efforts.

I think this is a pretty sensible summing up. Bizarre isn't the word is it - the words "P**S up" and "Brewery" spring to mind......lets hope that some kind iof review of this takes place now and rules are put in place to ensure a more sensible handling of this situation in the future.

I'm just hoping now that the Poole side might be distracted on Wednesday by all the celebrations.......we might manage a second win at Wimborne Road this season then! :P (That's be the Witches team including Pepe Protasiewicz even though he apparently has nothing to do with Ipswich this season...... :rolleyes: )

Edited by Robyn1972

Go ahead - if you want to get yourself banned that is entirely your look out! It is possible to have lively debates without resorting to insulting people

Only if you have a reasonable level of intelligence Robyn. :wink:

Only if you have a reasonable level of intelligence Robyn. :wink:

LOL - true!!! :rolleyes:

American GP - blimey, do you think that the people responsible for todays decisions might have been involved there too?!! ;)

He went about winning it the same as most of the field, With grit, determination and the will to win. He was top of the pile after three so gets the nod if Suchanek doesn't want to go out again. Like Rabbit said, what is he meant to do? He was best rider on show today and has rightly been crowned World Under 21 World Champion.

Once the meeting has started it would never be re-ridden. What would have happened if someone had four wins and was 3 points clear of the field when it was stopped? Rerun the following day and he gets knocked off and fails to make the final. If that was your rider would you have been happy? The right decision was made, the winner was KK and the result stands.

Engraved on the trophy is the worthy winner.

sorry steve didn't make my self clear, what i ment about was a lottery with him and suchanek.

With all the controversy, I feel very sorry for Kasper. I can see him getting no credit at all for this over something which he has had no say over at all. It's happened, he was top of the pile at the end with Suchanek after 3 rides each and is now the U21 Champion. It's not his fault it was decided this way - Suchanek didn't want to ride in the run-off so what's KK to do?

Anyway well done to the guy - we're proud of him down here and it's his name that will appear in the record books this year.

Sounds like if the track wasn't fit for racing then nobody should have been expected to go out for a run off. A very sad way to end such a prestigous meeting, really sounds liek a restaging should have been the right way forward

Having said that congratulations to the new champion, I have no doubt he would wanted to have won in differently but the record books will say he is the champion and nothing will change that.

He of course almost won it in 2002 when losing a run off to Lukas Dryml, that was the first time I had seen him ride and was impressed with him then.

Of course until he rode for Poole, I doubt Shovvy had ever heard of him so that probably comes as news to you Steve

Always thought it would be two Poole Pirates who were first and second in this one - just didn't think one of 'em wold be Suchanek !!!!

Cheers

Greetings from here in Austria (a very damp one at that)

We travelled from Vienna to watch the meeting today and were met with a wet Wiener Neustadt. There had been a thunderstorm there on Friday night and it had rained pretty much from then on.

At about 3.30, the track staff had the surface looking pretty good (from the stands) but from then on, the rain fell quite heavily. After all of the presentations (don't they drag on with everyone from the FIM who was there on their 'outing' getting a personal mention) the track looked very wet.

It was evident from the first 'race' that conditions were bad and there wasn't likely to be any racing to speak of. After all riders had completed one ride, Lindback went to speak to Mr Steele but came back without the result he (and many spectators) would have liked to have seen - the meeting abandoned and re-run in better conditions. Any passes had been the result of engines 'drowning' or riders making mistakes. When you have race leaders almost crashing when way clear in front then you can guess just how bad it was. One lasting image I have is of Daniel King ripping off 3 tear-offs, one after another, on the first turn and still not being able to see!!!!

My opinion is that the meeting should not have run past four races in the conditions that were prevelent. As it was, the rain continued to fall and conditions were getting worse by the race. I can understand those involved trying to get the meeting on but common sense should come into play and the powers-that-be should have admitted that conditions were too bad for the riders to be out in and unfair to the paying public who had stumped up their hard-earned cash to watch what they thought was going to be racing.

Considering that this was a World Final, the riders were reduced to looking like second-halfers who were out on their first ever laps. Speedway shot itself in the foot again, if nothing else it showed that even without the involvement of BSI or Sky, a meeting that shouldn't have gone ahead did so without too much regard for anyone (riders and fans) Questions should be asked why it was the total farce that it became.

Yes I'm aware of other commitments for riders & officials but isn't this why they specify a rain-off date? The first fans knew of the final decision was when KK was given the bumps in the pits area - so professionally run, this sport of ours ....... NOT.

Signing off to get another beer to drown our sorrows at the events of today - CHEERS

Edited by Neil H