British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Papa Bazarou

SGP of Sweden - Avesta Sweden 31st May

Guest cheetahhawk
Bye Ales

Addy, does this mean what I think it means :?:

taken from www.speedwaygp.com

Good to see that they are arranging transport for the fans based in Stockholm.

26-05-03

CHANGE OF VENUE FOR NEXT GRAND PRIX

Benfield Sports International (BSI) today announced they have been forced to change the venue of the FIM Meridian Lifts Swedish Speedway Grand Prix on 31 May from the Olympic Stadium, Stockholm, to the Avesta Stadium, Brovallen, Sweden.

Rolf Sundberg, Secretary General, SVEMO, commented:

“We have had no choice but to move the Grand Prix to Avesta as it appears the strike action here in Sweden will not be over for some time yet. We have now put our contingency plans into action and the Grand Prix will be held 150km from Stockholm at Avesta Stadium, Brovallen.

“Tickets already bought for the event are still valid and we have made special transport arrangements for fans wanting to travel from Stockholm to Avesta Stadium. Supporters who wish to take advantage of this transport offer must call SVEMO on +46 11 23 10 80 to reserve a seat. A full ticket refund will be given to those who have already purchased tickets but cannot attend the event and his can also be arranged by contacting

SVEMO on +46 11 23 10 80 before Saturday.”

John Postlethwaite, Chief Executive, Benfield Sports International, said: “Obviously it is disappointing that for reasons totally beyond our control the Grand Prix will not be held at the Olympic Stadium in Stockholm. I would like to take this opportunity to thank SVEMO and the people of Avesta for arranging the Grand Prix to be held at an alternative venue at such short notice.

“I’m sure the evening will be a great success and I can assure all broadcaster and sponsor partners that our usual high quality broadcast for the event will be fully in place. I think this is another example of the resilience of people in the sport of speedway who have a never-say-die attitude in the manner in which we run our sport. I’m looking forward to a great night of Grand Prix action on Saturday.

Benfield Sports International (BSI) today announced they have been forced to change the venue of the FIM Meridian Lifts Swedish Speedway Grand Prix on 31 May from the Olympic Stadium, Stockholm, to the Avesta Stadium, Brovallen, Sweden.

Which stadium does Tony Rickardsson ride in, for his Swedish club? Avesta! I hope there's not a similar strike in Cardiff, otherwise the British GP will be moved to Poole! ;)

Well I've booking a holiday in Stockholm this weekend so that I could take in the GP while I was there. I've now got a 200 mile round trip to fit in. :x

Oh and I called that number today and got a message in Swedish that was just looped, so I have no idea what it said. Have a feeling it may have been to call back in office hours.

Guess who's not a happy bunny.

Well I've booking a holiday in Stockholm this weekend so that I could take in the GP while I was there. I've now got a 200 mile round trip to fit in. :x

Oh and I called that number today and got a message in Swedish that was just looped, so I have no idea what it said. Have a feeling it may have been to call back in office hours.

Guess who's not a happy bunny.

We're in the same boat.

I tried a few times to get through and was actually on hold to speak to the ONE person who is dealing with the buses. I got cut off after over 8 minutes waiting :twisted:

I ended up e-mailing the lady directly and if I haven't heard anything back by later on today I'll be trying again. The e-mail address on the site is pernilla.larsson@svemo.se although previous correspondence with her shows it as pernilla@svemo.se - assuming I do hear back from them I will post on here what I find out.

It looks like from www.svemo.se that the Avesta stadium has the capacity for 2000 seating and 8000 standing. Also looks like they have chopped the ticket prices a bit as it looks like 450kroner for a seat and 300kroner for the terracing.

I fear pandemonium on Saturday night !

Rico

I heard back from SVEMO today.

Buses are running from the Olympic Stadium in Stockholm from 1400 hours - last bus departs at 1630 (which apparently will get you to the stadium just at start time). I don't know how frequent the buses are going to be, but thats the first and last times. The bus costs 100 sek - around £7.

The announcement on the sgp website did say you needed to let SVEMO know you were going to use the bus service so I'd still advise you to get in touch with them. If you can't get through on the phone then use the e-mail address I gave.

Good luck - we set off tomorrow morning, so you won't hear any more from me on the subject after tonight.

Rico :P

If it had not been that we did not like Stockholm track last year and also have been to Stockholm several times, might have been there. Sorry for anyone who booked, but suppose strikes cannot be helped, we should know in GB. SVEMO have done well to find an alternative, just hope it is big enough for spectators, although Stockholm did not hold many.

Perhaps BSI should stop raising their heights and revert to proper tracks, even if Stadium not in major cities. Frankly I always liked going to Linkopping. Direct flights from Manchester these days, but not too difficult to reach from other airports courtesy of Ryanair

Is there any news from the practise this afternoon?

I was there! What Do You want to know "Gemma"?

Most likely whose bum was the nicest.

Hi Zetters.

any information on who went the fastest or just who looked comfortable on the track would be good.

Particularly how did Andreas Jonsson go?

yea tricky look good it was like it was his home track or something :D:D:D

Hi Zetters.

any information on who went the fastest or just who looked comfortable on the track would be good.

Particularly how did Andreas Jonsson go?

The fastest man on 1 lap was Zorro who got 14,6 sek/1 lap!

Andreas was OK! Sully was not 100 but OK!

Dryml,Adams,Tricky,Nicki,Gollob was all fast on the right line around there!

Lyons, Ciegelski and Hancock was slow!

Crumpy was OK but not as the five man-company from Dryml to Gollob!

Nicholls was OK but tired after last night and only sleeping around 3 hours last night:( He make only 4 outings of 6 x 2 minutes each rider)

PK was there signing on but didn´t ride!

Bajerski had difficult with the track. So even Brehl.

Protasiewicz looking good also Hans N Andersen. Bjarne P riding the right line. Ronni was fast but I thought He didn´t make the right line.

Wiltshire was very fast on the inside line but struggling on the outside line!

Lee Richardson looking very sharp and riding in the middle of the track, not inside or outside tough!

Max looking not so good as I think before I coming.

Holta was OK.