British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Ekstra Liga - 17-07-05

Still not sorted out yet Kev until the final league placings are decided (todays results threw something of a spanner in the works).

What I am hoping for is that Czestochowa win at Zielona Gora next week (sorry Kitten and Tommy) and therefore Leszno (assuming they beat Wroclaw) will finish 5th, meaning they ride at home on 7th August, which is handy as Leszno is on the way to Zielona Gora and that's where we are heading on the Sunday night.

Rico :rolleyes:

Looking at the 1st Round of the Play offs on 7th August I see its 6 v 3, and 5 v 4. Assuming results go to plan, we could have Wroclaw v Torun, and Leszno v Czestochowa.

Bearing in mind that the SWC Final is due to be raced in Wroclaw on the Saturday before, is it likely that the 1st leg of round one will be switched to Torun? Assuming of course that they end up 3rd.

What I am hoping for is that Czestochowa win at Zielona Gora next week (sorry Kitten and Tommy) and therefore Leszno (assuming they beat Wroclaw) will finish 5th, meaning they ride at home on 7th August, which is handy as Leszno is on the way to Zielona Gora and that's where we are heading on the Sunday night.

Rico this year's play-off system is different, Zielona Gora's season is pretty much over :( ...on sunday we meet Cze-wa and then wait over a month to have a home-and-away play-off against Gdansk on August, 28th to see who gets another crack at E-liga.

Teams that finish between 3rd and 6th place will ride on 7th August.

tom

How does the playoff system work again after the regular season?

Edited by Hazzman

Tommy,

5th and 4th are scheduled to race that day as well, hence why I am hoping Leszno finish 5th, therefore race at home on the day after the SWC final.

I wish ZKZ good fortune in their race-off !

Full schedule for the play-offs in Ekstraliga are as follows (courtesy of the WTS Wrocław site are as follows

7 August 6 - 3, 5 - 4

14 August 3 - 6, 4 - 5

28 August 4/5 - 1 (semi-final) 3/6 - 2 (semi-final) 8 - 7

4 September 1 - 4/5 (semi-final) 2 - 3/6 (semi-final) 7 - 8

11 September final

25 September final

I guess I misunderstood , thought you were planning a trip to ZG(?) :blink:

Edited by tommy

Czesc Tommy,

We are going to Zielona Gora on the Sunday, but hopefully this will be in the evening after having seen a match at Leszno. We are staying in ZG for a couple of nights before heading on to Poznan.

Glad to see Seb Doing well

Siema Rico, If I find a designated driver :D I'll probably head over for the SWC final to Wroclaw. If not, let me know when you're in ZG!

Edited by tommy

Siema Rico, If I find a designated driver  :D  I'll probably head over for the SWC final to  Wroclaw. If not, let me know when you're in ZG!

Tommy,

What does 'siema' mean. Can't find that in my dictionaries.

Hopefully see you in Wroclaw, if not then definitely in ZG. We are hoping Kitten and yourself will give us a guided tour of the city (bars :P ).

Hopefully see you in Wroclaw, if not then definitely in ZG. We are hoping Kitten and yourself will give us a guided tour of the city (bars :P ).

I suppose that'll mean I'll be without my lovely assistant again.

I also wish Zielona Gora luck in the Ekstra Liga's shoot-out at Last Chance saloon. But you've got to say Gdansk are beginning to look the part in the Ekstra Liga.

What does 'siema' mean. Can't find that in my dictionaries.

Hopefully see you in Wroclaw, if not then definitely in ZG. We are hoping Kitten and yourself will give us a guided tour of the city (bars icon_smile_tongue.gif ).

"Siema" is an abbreviation of "jak sie masz?",which basically means "how r u?".

There are decent bars in Zielona Gora so bar hopping is mandatory :)

I also wish Zielona Gora luck in the Ekstra Liga's shoot-out at Last Chance saloon. But you've got to say Gdansk are beginning to look the part in the Ekstra Liga.

Yep, when veternas like Swist, Okoniewski and Staszewski combine for 8 points this team has no chance in hell.

Edited by tommy

Still not sorted out yet Kev until the final league placings are decided (todays results threw something of a spanner in the works).

Ok thanks Rico - any chance of an update when it's all sorted?