British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sandman

Handlebars 2

i think shorter handlebars make a rider go faster.. scientific really.. kinda like the fastest way around a racetrack is on the inside line.. long handlebars make a rider go slower because it takes more time to wrestle with em.. shorter handlebars look faster standing still but long handlebars are more impressive to see a rider struggling with while riding.. i dunno.. just a thought.. :neutral: where the hell is jj?

i think shorter handlebars make a rider go faster.. scientific really.. kinda like the fastest way around a racetrack is on the inside line.. long handlebars make a rider go slower because it takes more time to wrestle with em.. shorter handlebars look faster standing still but long handlebars are more impressive to see a rider struggling with while riding.. i dunno.. just a thought..  :neutral:  where the hell is jj?

Is that like drinking shorts rather than long drinks? :blink:

I hope this isn't going to go the same way as Handlebars parts one and two? :P

Where have you been Sandman? Got caught up in a storm somewhere? I was really worried - not about you but the assorted pets you have on board.

I hope this isn't going to go the same way as Handlebars parts one and two?  :P

Where have you been Sandman?  Got caught up in a storm somewhere?  I was really worried - not about you but the assorted pets you have on board.

you talkin bout Rats Gem??? bastards are still here.. ;)

Is that like drinking shorts rather than long drinks? :blink:

i think yer catchin on TC.. ;) but... yer not there yet son... :neutral:

Edited by sandman

:D .... :D

Hope it's not going to kick off while I'm on holiday so I miss it. :sad: ..... :wink:

i think shorter handlebars make a rider go faster.. scientific really.. kinda like the fastest way around a racetrack is on the inside line.. long handlebars make a rider go slower because it takes more time to wrestle with em.. shorter handlebars look faster standing still but long handlebars are more impressive to see a rider struggling with while riding.. i dunno.. just a thought..  :neutral:  where the hell is jj?

i think . . .

shorter handlebars would mean you would get less warning and need more strength to handle a sudden grippy moment in a corner. the inside line is the shortest line round a race track - which line do you think Mr Gollob thinks is the fastest??

Guest Jim Blanchard

I am not going to comment on this and claim the fifth. ;):)

-Though- Get your specs focussed on this lot. Roll on a renaissance of handlebars.

A prize for the correct: Date, event, riders (all) including the arm & leg of the rider on the extreme left. :o:D

Get your Handlebars here

re photo . . .

the tracks must have been wider then

not a jawa in sight . . .

As I tell my wife, size doesn't matter to the overall performance :wink: and she points out the bigger the better :cry:

I am not going to comment on this and claim the fifth.  ;)  :)

-Though- Get your specs focussed on this lot. Roll on a renaissance of handlebars.

A prize for the correct: Date, event, riders (all) including the arm & leg of the rider on the extreme left.  :o  :D

Get your Handlebars here

England 64 Australasia 44 (Hyde Road)04/09/54

Guest Jim Blanchard

Good Guess Ray; but its the Firs 1959. :o

Now can I have the riders please...... :o;)

Good Guess Ray; but its the Firs 1959. :o

Now can I have the riders please...... :o  ;)

Front Row RtoL

Aub Lawson,Chum Taylor, Geoff Mardon, Bob Duckworth, Johnnie Chamberlain, Peter Moore, Barry Briggs, Arm Leg Ronnie Moore

Back Row Lto R

Peter Craven, Jack Unstead , Mike Broadbanks, Ken Mckinlay, Cyril Roger, Ron How, Reg Trott Missing!

As the instigator of the original original thread, I would just like to say that is indeed a fine line-up and show of proper handlebars - you'd never turn one of those brutes with the namby-pamby girly bars they have now...... :blink:

Edited by KIWIPIRATE