British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bees_Man

Josh Auty @ Coventry

We have noticed Josh at Brandon now for the last two weeks, the first in which he was riding after the meeting. Last week he was hanging around Rory and Sandhu all meeting wearing a Coventry Bees Jacket. Is Josh still too young to sign for a professional club or is this just speculation? :blink:

He is at the moment to young but his 15th birthday is in september and then he will be old enough not long now but im sure a few teams will be wanting to him up.

Guest Steve Dixon

But only in the Conference until he is 16,then he can move on.

We have noticed Josh at Brandon now for the last two weeks, the first in which he was riding after the meeting.  Last week he was hanging around Rory and Sandhu all meeting wearing a Coventry Bees Jacket.  Is Josh still too young to sign for a professional club or is this just speculation?  :blink:

The implication being that Coventry is not a professional club? Very naughty. Be careful! Mr sanhu may ban you from the stadium!!

I jest.

Josh can ride Conference in september, but cannot sign professional terms until September 2006.

The rumour is, and this is only a rumour, that Coventry are favourites to sign him.

Josh can ride Conference in september, but cannot sign professional terms until September 2006.

The rumour is, and this is only a rumour, that Coventry are favourites to sign him.

think you may find that josh has said publicly that his ambition is to ride for sheffield.hope that is still the case!!!!!!!!!!!

99.9 % SURE that Josh will go to Scunthorpe on a short tempory signing till next season.He will then have the off season to weigh up his choices.He will 100% not sign for the Tigers as it is a large track and he will not learn much blasting round at high speed at his age !. Small technical tracks are his desire.Coventry is an option but have no conference team so I presume this would mean he would be out on loan all the time and thus would not have a secure base to ride any where.

I think there is a lot a speculation about Josh, and will be until his 15th birthday.

This is how a see it, I think around near his fifteenth birthday he will sign for either Sheffield or and Elite club. If he signs for an Elite club or Sheffield, then he will be loaned out, to a Conference League team, for me the favourites will be Scunthorpe.

I think when he reaches 16 he then ride for Sheffield, for the rest of that season, and further season at least, if he has improved enough then he will go Elite, if not then there is another season in the Premier with Sheffield.

Why do I say he will ride for Sheffield, well he has stated that he wants to ride for them at some stage in his career, Sean Wilson is his mentor.

The fact he hangs around with Rory Schlien, is not a surprise, as Rory lives in Sheffield, as does Josh, in fact Rory is down at Sheffield as a spectator like Simon Stead most Thursdays.

This is what I think will happen, but you never know, all I will say is that Josh is a regular down at Owlerton, and I think he will at some stage turn out in the blue and gold, but as the saying goes money talks.

You cannot sign to become an asset of a club until you are 16. Only PL and EL clubs can have assets.

BriG

Right okay I think he ride for Scunthorpe up to his 16th birthday, and then sign for Sheffield or an Elite club.

think you may find that josh has said publicly that his ambition is to ride for sheffield.hope that is still the case!!!!!!!!!!!

... and Scunthorpe as it happens, but I'll believe it when it happens.

Josh must weigh up whats best for him and his future.

I wish Josh the best of luck in the CL whoever he rides for. he is a smashing lad and will be a big point scorer whoever he rides for

Enjoy your racing Josh :wink:

oh no he doesn't.

Rory and his folks re-located to the Coventry area about 6 weeks ago.

Okay, I did not realise that they had again moved, the point I was getting across more than anything, was that with Rory being based in Sheffield that Josh would strike up a friendship with him. Rory did live in Sheffield for about 18 months and was a regular at Owlerton on Thursdays.