British Speedway Forum
RAPIDFIRE

Academy League Buffalos V Rhinos

Good luck to the Buffalos at Poole tonight! Especially to Lewis Bridger :D

Wish there were live updates, hard to get info on AL meetings. Which is a shame as it has been organised to help them get experience as well as exposure.

Hopefully someone can post the results?

EMZ05...try the Poole Live Updates - they cover every Poole meeting and as some of the U15's, particularly George have a good following amongst the regulars on the Poole site, I reckon they'll be covering the Academy Match as well as the Individual tonight. Either use that link or go via the main site here and click on Live Updates from the menu. :)

Edited by rabbit

If not I'll be posting the Academy heat details on George's site www.georgepiper.co.uk after I have had a birthday drink or two with the young chap, well a coke anyway :rolleyes:

Academy Match

Buffalos

1. Lewis Bridger 3, EF, 3, 3

2. Joe Reynolds 1, EF, 1`

3. George Piper 3, 2, 2`, 2`

4. Brendan Johnson 2`, 3, Ex

5. Ben Reade 2`, EF

Rhinos

1. Sam Hurst Ex, EF, EF

2. Matt Bates 2, 2, 3

3. Tim Webster Ex, 1, 3, Ex

4. Dan Kirkman Ex, EF

5. Daniel Greenwood F, 0, 2`

Heat 1. Bridger, Bates, Reynolds, Hurst (Fell, Exc) awarded 4-2

Heat 2. Piper, Johnson, Kirkman(fell Exc), Webster(Fell Exc) 65.28 5-0 9-2

Heat 3. Bates, Reynolds(EF), Hurst(EF), Bridger(EF) no time sent 0-3 9-5

Heat 4. Johnson, Reade, Greenwood(Fell), Kirkwood(EF) 69.14 5-0 14-5

Heat 5. Bates, Piper, Reynolds, Greenwood 63.19 3-3 17-8

Heat 6. Bridger, Piper, Webster (Fell - remounted), Hurst (EF) 62.39 5-1 22-9

Heat 7. Webster, Greenwood, Reade(EF), Johnson(Fell Exc) no time sent 0-5 22-14

Heat 8. Bridger, Piper, Webster(Fell Exc) awarded 5-0 27-14 FINAL

NOTES

ht2. 2 finishers only Webster looped at start(Exc), Kirkman fell after race was stopped but still Exc from re-run!!

ht3. 1 finisher only. Bridger EF at tapes, Hurst lost chain first turn, Reynolds EF on 3rd lap.

ht4. 2 finishers only, Greenwood fell last bend.

ht5. Greenwood replaces Webster

ht7. Johnson Fell Exc, Reade EF in re-run

ht8. 3 starters only. Webster fell Exc

Courtesy of Speedway Updates

WELL DONE BUFFALOS! Particularly to Lewis Bridger and George Piper.

Thanks to everyone for all the update/results information! :D

i think it is sick the way every one is saying how well piper and bridger done last night and theres matt bates who has not road for over to months and only droped a point i mean come on he is lucky to walk againe after his crash at mildenhall where he broke his back the kids got balls just for getin back on a bike alot of :angry: riders would not of matt was bye far the rider of the night.

Hey calm down mate. :blink: Not a lot of people are aware of the goings on in the U15s. If what you say is correct, then fair play to the kid - that's some comeback but to call people's praise of the other riders sick is a bit over the top! :neutral:

i dont mean the riders are sick i would not say that i think matt is good mates with bridger and piper. i just think fans need to no what happened

i think it is sick the way every one is saying how well piper and bridger done last night and theres matt bates who has not road for over to months and only droped a point i mean come on he is lucky to walk againe after his crash at mildenhall where he broke his back the kids got balls just for getin back on a bike alot of  :angry: riders would not of matt was bye far the rider of the night.

Matt did ride very well last night and well done to the lad it is really good to see him back on the bike and looking good so quick.

In the press release that I sent out for George Piper last night I made a special mention about Matt coming back from his broken back, it's all on www.georgepiper.co.uk

Personally I look forward to seeing Matt regain a team place and watch his progress as I have done for the last year and a half, nice lad, nice family and loads of potential.

i dont mean the riders are sick i would not say that i think matt is good mates with bridger and piper. i just think fans need to no what happened

I know you weren't saying the riders are sick. You seemed to be saying that the fans praising the other riders was sick. Fair enough if you wanted to let people know what happened to Matt, and thanks for bringing it to our attention - he's one plucky lad if that's the case and good luck to him in the future. Just you might have done so in a less confrontational manner maybe. There are ways and means of getting your point across without jumping down our throats... ;)

Or as Matt's mum said - "well he cracked a vertabrae" :)

Matt rode very well, especially since he has only had a couple of rides since his injury. To be fair though people only tend to post about the people that they know or support. And the fastest rider on the night was Lewis so it's only fair that he get's the lions share of the attention.

Sam had a nightmare, 1 crash (which isn't unusual) and 2 breakdowns (which is this year), he was really looking forward to riding at Poole but it rapidly became a night to forget.

A lot of bike problems spoiled the Academy match but it was still a good night and let people see that there is some British potential for the future.

it was a good night all round with good racing but i feel msoory for tim who has bent two bikes.

George and Matt are best friends and have been before they rode on 500s and there was no one as made up as George to see his mate back on track.

From my own personal point of view it made my night.

Felt for both Tim Webster and Sam Hurst who both had nights to forget

Matt Bates first came to us at the Grasstrack Club(Evesham) some 3 or 4 yrs ago and I met the Family and he rode a bone shaker Honda 4 Stroke that was very un competative.Next time I saw young Matt was at Carmarthen Speedway training that winter and Dad was in a pickle coz he had dropped the oil on his 350/500 and didn't know how much to put back in the motor.He had his rubber gloves on (HIS MISSIS ALWAYS INSISTS) and young Matt was on the learning curve.Steadily he improved and soon became a familiar face around the training grounds.Dad was always very helpfull and encouraging towards all the young riders and always had a van full of spare bits that lost soles could borrow !.At Newport Kyle Hughes rebuilt a countershaft with Ken's bearings and On Wednesday at Poole we forgot our dirt deflector and Matt was the first to his van to lend us one.What a brill family to be around and its a shame Dad's work commitments and recent rider injury have curtailed Matts Conference league riding.Dont bitch about who's in the lime light or not !.All the kids are good in one way or another but some get more Internet /Speedway Star coverage because of the Backers and the Mentors.My Daniel is part of the scene to learn and get pulled along by the elders of the group and what a pleasure it is to watch.Daniels time will come when he gets older and stronger.

Phil