British Speedway Forum

Still think Hampel attempted to lean on Tr as he tried to get the drop going into the first turn. Experienced as he is, TR reacted immediately and elbowed Hampel.

All four back the correct decision.

Spot on, can't believe no one else noticed Hampel attempting to lean on him! :blink:

The only thing that surprised me was how Trick managed to launch Hampel across the track so easily with such a relatively small nudge of the elbow.

It's not like he took his hand off the handlebars and walloped him, he couldn't move his elbow more than a couple of inches without the handlebars or throttle turning and him wobbling / changing direction.

Hampel must have been seriously off balance or Trick must have a bionic elbow! :D

Any way,trick got away with it AGAIN,is there not one ref out there,thats got the balls to exclude him,yeh hes a great rider,but there was no need for the elbowing,being leant on or not.

Edited by beercellar

I think the main problem is consistency. He had the gall to exclude Holta for something that was dubious at best, certainly not worth an exclusion, and yet doesn't take the same attitude with TRick after his elbow incident. Personally I thought it was all four back in, but because he excluded Holta he should have excluded Rickardsson for a worse offence. If he had put all four riders back in on both occasions, then I doubt so many people would be complaining. It was his inconsistency with the exclusion lights that caused the problem.

I agree - taking into account the earlier decision it seemed obvious that Trick should have been excluded - he does seem to get away with quite a few dubious decisions when it comes to big occasions.

It just goes to show what pressure the Swedish team is under, when Rickardsson does something like this.

Could not beleive that he was not excluded.

The inconsistancy spoils all sports, but we seem to be suffering quite badly.

Holta was excluded when he had nowhere to go. He was just squeezed between two other riders. That's a typical 'all four back' first turn.

TRick lined up at a slight angle, nothing wrong with that in theory. The theory being that he would outgate Hampel and be clear to make his own line on the first corner. He didn't and he had to elbow, kick, and nudge Hampel out of the way to make room for himself. Had he not done that I believe Hampel would have got over TRick into the turn. The chain reaction of what happened next to cause the race being stopped was a direct result of TRick's actions. He is therefore the cause of the race being stopped, and should have been excluded. Hampel having to straighten up caused Watt to take avioding action (very well done BTW), and then the German was skittled on the outside. Fortunately nobody was hurt, especually the German lad, but it could ahve been a very nasty pile-up.

Perhaps a new definition of the butterfly effect is required. If a speedway rider elbows another rider on the inside, will a speedway rider on the outside get slammed into the fence?

:wink::P

im not taking TR side because im a poole fan

why should that make a difference too your view he is nothing to do with poole anymore :rolleyes: .

I suppose it was his fault the race was stopped so did the ref simply wimp out of a descision or did he see it as a first bend incident?

why should that make a difference too your view he is nothing to do with poole anymore  :rolleyes: .

cant win sometimes on this forum :P i bet if i didnt write that someone would have pulled me up on it...

some amazing opinions in here! :blink:

that quite honestly was the worst decision in the meeting - the ref was provided with replay after replay after replay and by the delay was quite obviously in two minds as to what to do - another poor refereeing decision in front of the Sky cameras

jeez! a forearm smash is a forearm smash! theres no all 4 back - theres no excluding another rider .........quite simply it is an exclusion for the rider who did it regardless of the scores, the teams involved or the riders involved - I wouldn't care if it was the Queen sitting on that bike - if she kicked someone, punched someone or generally crossed the line with unsportsmaam ( :lol: ) like behaviour i'd have her out of the race and possibly the meeting!

time to discuss giving yellow and red cards to the refs as well ;)

Shocking decision by the ref, as was the earlier Holta decision. Rickardsson basically elbowed Hampel's arm off the handlebars, so it was pretty obvious he'd lose control! If that's not causing the stoppage of a race I don't know what is! It's a long time since I saw Rickardsson excluded. Unfortunately I feel it is now as though he can do no wrong, and we are in danger of him becoming bigger than the sport. And that sure as hell ain't a good thing. He keeps pushing his luck and the refs keep giving him the benefit of the doubt.

:mad:

Might be showing my age a bit now, but when I started going to speedway in the early 80's if a rider veered (sp?) to the left or right and halted another riders progress within 30mts of the start he was excluded (or should have been). 

No they didn't - speedway urban myth number 145!!!!!! :P

after watching the footage i personally dont see what the big deal. at the end of the day, yes rickardsson did elbow hampel. thats racing. it happens. before anyone says it, im not taking TR side because im a poole fan. just the way i see it.

Whats being a Poole fan got to do with it ???

He is an Ipswich asset who last rode for Arena Essex :wink:

However from what I remember the only footage we saw was from the side. Therefore how do we know that Hampel did not move into Tony making him stick out his elbows to protect his line?

I think you'll find it was Trick that moved midtrack

:angry: Rickardsson lays claim the the World individual crown, and if, as he suggests, he is the best in the World then he should show it! Resorting to schoolboy tactics is not doing him any favours whatsoever. If the referee on the night had had the "bottle" he should have excluded him for unfair riding.

This Saturday should be very interesting and might I add very exciting. Poland are definitely up for it and I know Team GB are too. I do hope that there is no colusion between the Swedes and Danes like last year in Poole and that IF they win they do by fair means not foul.

This is Team GB's year!

Edited by preacherman