British Speedway Forum

:lol: whatever gives you that idea Sub :lol: Where's my partner in crime CrazySue?

Have been learning the words to Land and Hope and Glory as provided by Jim Blanchard got the Vodka cooling and the Ice is already to be dished out, him indoors under strict orders to bugga off out for the evening (not a speedwayfan can't put up with him whinging all night how he's missing something on the other side!!) Flag, hat, horn all ready, live updates saved to favourites :approve:

As a nation of sports supporters we have a history of hoping. Hope springs eternal and every time the team steps onto the playing area all is forgotten as hope is the reality. Should GB finish hopelessly last on Saturday, do you think it would be too much to hope that the powers that be in this country introduce methods and systems that, in future, benefit speedway and riders in this country, so that we have more than just hope?

Anything other than a hopelessly last place will just paper over the gaping holes in the wall!!

regards

Well, I hate to say it but I fear that GB will be bottom of the pile tonight :sad: I know that Bomber and Steady have the courage of Lions, but dont forget that Poland/Norway, and Denmark raced on this strip a couple of days ago.

Given that, I think that the order will be;

Poland/Norway (Rune Holta is about as Polish as Greg Rusedski is English :D )

Denmark

Sweden

GB

I think that if it had been run on a more neutral track it may have made a bit of difference, but I think the other night could be described as a dress rehearsal for a Poland/Norway win.

COME ON YOU LIONS,PROVE ME WRONG :shock:

Well, I hate to say it but I fear that GB will be bottom of the pile tonight :sad:

On the night if 4th then in theory this is last but............ we all know there are others that never qualified so to make the final is an achievement in itself, the worst we can be is 4th in the World :wink:

Hard to explain but we all get behind our team no matter what. If they win we are over the moon and probably shocked as on paper we don't stand a cat in hells chance. Yet we cheer them on no matter what. Why....... because we are British and love a challenge (luckily :rolleyes:). Wasn't so long ago they wrote off our Rugby Team what happend ........ World Champs :wink: One day it will happen might be 2005 could be 2006 even another 10years until then we'll cheer whoever pulls on that TEAM GB race jacket like our lives depend on it.

xx COME ON TEAM GB xx

Blimey Shazzy..I swear I could see you you morphing into Winston Churchill as I read that! Wow..stirring stuff girl! Go you!! B):D

I'm just going to think positive. I did it on Sunday and I'm going to try my luck again tonight. If we don't win.....oh well, we made it into the final which is more than the Aussies can say. If we win, we win, and it'll be fantastic. If we don't, we just have to think, oh well, let's wait till next year. Don't write us off yet though!!!!!!

COME ON TEAM GB!

Edited by tigerblues

Blimey Shazzy..I swear I could see you you morphing into Winston Churchill as I read that! Wow..stirring stuff girl! Go you!!

Wonder if she's got the Havana cigars ready for tonight then?

I'm here Shazzy :rolleyes:

I certainly hope it will be a loud night on the Updates site, with several other meetings being run as well.

This meeting is indeed being covered on the updates site tonight, and the thread is open now for anyone wishing to say good luck to their countrymen (which ever they may be). The thread can be found Here and it is open for guests to post on too.

I shall be popping onto there (I will be trying for after every heat) and joining in the fun but can't stay too long as we have guests coming around to watch the Final and join in the fun.

Are the neighbours braving it tonight Sue :lol:

Mine have been asking questions about it so told them what channel not running the risk of someone cheering another team and me falling out with them, so they can watch at their own house :lol::approve:

Going to be tough for GB or should I say England, if Mr Norris says so, so can I.

Mark Loram will be a miss, especially in Poland. Joe Screen's best days are behind

him, and we must remember Stead and Harris were EL reserves a few days ago.

Lee and Scott should score well, but will it be enough?

Poland with home track advantage to edge it.

Are the neighbours braving it tonight Sue  :lol:

Mine have been asking questions about it so told them what channel not running the risk of someone cheering another team and me falling out with them, so they can watch at their own house  :lol:  :approve:

They will probably end up round here like they did the other night.....

Drats noticed my link is on the previous page now.....ok link to the update is Here Thread is open now for good luck messages.

COME ON GB, you can do it.

Good luck to middlo and the whole of the team.

Going to be tough for GB or should I say England, if Mr Norris says so, so can I.

Mark Loram will be a miss, especially in Poland. Joe Screen's best days are behind

him, and we must remember Stead and Harris were EL reserves a few days ago.

Lee and Scott should score well, but will it be enough?

Poland with home track advantage to edge it.

No its only England when we win. When we don't win we blame it on the rest of Britain :lol:

Seriously though,

GO YOU BRITS !