British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

I'm just wondering what the title of this thread will be the next time I look. It's had 3 already.

I didn't mean to offend you my friend. Of course you know it

I know. I was joshing.

Edited by Subedei

I do think some people on here are slightly over-sensitive. :rolleyes:

People who know Silver Cheetah will tell you that he's not a racist person in the slightest. Most of the posts that are taken to be offensive are not meant even remotely like that. And I know Alan would be / is horrified to think that people might perceive him that way.

So chill and remember that things are not always what they seem!

(Oo-ee-oo!)

Racist? How the hell was it racist? Never read anything so daft in my life.

Nicki's mudguard hit Gollob's arm, but I'd have to se it again to see if Gollob moved in on him. Whoever was at fault, though, Gollob wasn't knocked off. He laid the bike down to try and get a re-run, just as TRick has done before and Scott Nicholls should have done at the start of his semi-final.

I'm amazed that the ref fell for it, though.

Nicki and Tomas have had some real hard battles lately, neither giving an inch. They were both gunning into the bend, neither was going to give but both needed to turn. Perhaps Nicki left it a little too late to turn so Tomas either turned with him or went sliding into the fence anyhow,in the sludge. Decision could have gone either way.

As for the tapes incident, it was clear that the inside two riders were impeded in the replay so why wasn't the heat run again after it had finished? Surely that's the beauty of replays?

Edited by Trees

Mr Whatacheek is not a cheat as that is not possible. In support of that statement I put the following points:

If you were expected to peer through a window through which you couldn't see clearly non-stop for several hours and you found it rather incomprehensible, would you:

1. Read the evening paper?

2. Read the Speedway Star?

3. Read the speedway rulebook?

4. Play poker with the other occupants of the box?

The correct answer is: None of these see 5. below:

5. You would immediately realise that you had forgotten to collect you glasses from Specsavers that morning. You would would then delay the meeting whilst you went for them!

Edited by BertHoven

I don't think that it was the refs fault, in Gollob, Rickkardson and Andersen we have 3 riders who will deliberately lean on an opponent and put down their bikes in an attempt to get a rerun and an exclusion.

It is the ultimate Professional foul, just the same as staying down on the track to get a rerun when your partner is on the recieving end of a 5-1 and you fall off.

The rules were not written for the likes of these cheats, and referees will need to be very good to see it in the short time they are allowed to make their decisions, when a televised meeting is running late as tonights was.

He laid the bike down to try and get a re-run, just as TRick has done before and Scott Nicholls should have done at the start of his semi-final.

I'm amazed that the ref fell for it, though.

Just what I was thinking at the time!! Is this Scott's main failing now? A lack of tactical awareness? Seems to be about on the pace at the moment.

Scandinavian GP - very nice meeting in 2nd part

Crump - very fast

Jonsson - so close to win

Rickardsson - coronation in Bydgoszcz

Polish riders - not so good, especially Hampel. He were riding to wide in some heats...

Pedersen/Gollob action -

firstly, Adams should be excluded [iMHO] at the start when he hit Nicki Pedersen - it`s just My opinion

secondly - I` thonk that Gollob should be excluded, because Gollob was slower evidently, and he wanted to pass Nicki by force from back....:/ I think that Nicki didn`t touch Gollob and this decision [excluding Pedersen] was unfair........

Thirdly - the same situation in heat #18, of course it was first corner, but Gollob was slower too...

yeah baby, its time for those cheating Poles to be banned from international events.

power corrupts.

Do you remember Frank Ebdon?? He was an cheat too - sometimes....

power corrupts.

Isn't the whole saying something like "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"?

Out on the track the riders all have the same opportunities and make split-second decisions. Similarly the referee doesn't have much time to deliberate over a decision. In many instances the referee must weigh-up each rider's proportion of the blame in a matter of seconds, even with the assistance of television replays (which aren't as conclusive as some portray them). It's not an exact science - the rider on the inside isn't always to blame, nor vice versa. The rider who is inches ahead can't simply do what he likes as some say - he still has to ride fairly and under control. I'm not saying I agree with the ref's decisions last night, but someone has to arbitrate, and it comes down to that person's opinion. The GP series was always intended to minimise the impact of a controversial exclusion or an engine failure. Pedersen can hardly claim to be persistently treated unfairly, and he'll get the third place in the championship that he deserves.

The way I see it, he could have called both the Gollob/Pedersen incident and the Adams/Pedersen incident either way. Adams was perhaps a bit fortunate that it was on the first bend and could get away with all four back. But Pedersen was perhaps slightly unfortunate to be excluded but someone has to go, and in my opinion it was a 50/50 decision. There was clearly contact, but whether it was Nicki hitting Gollob or Gollob hitting Nicki I don't know.

What is it with Nicki and that fan thing anyway? He seems obsessed with it. :blink:

Err, back on track, the tapes incident I'm not going to blame the ref for as he is looking straight down the line of the tapes and I suppose cannot see them go up. I'm probably wrong, but still. Therefore, I assume that he just thought the two inside riders got a bad start. But, on that note, perhaps he should have consulted someone as to why that was the case and put on the red light. But there you go.

Just seems to me as though this bloke receives a lot of criticism for decisions when it could quite easily go either way. Yes, he's made a couple of wrong decisions but who hasn't? It's not like he's cheating.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but it makes me feel sick when someone declares that "Poles are the ultimate cheats". What a disgusting, racist thing to say.

Then someone else calls Pedersen "the posing midget" - pathetic!

While it is a bit naff to make these sweeping statements, I am pretty sure Racism is about RACE, not nationality.