British Speedway Forum
tommy

Speedway Photos?!

I've added some more too. Can anyone identify the Reading number 7? My guess is Bernie Leigh, but that's all it is - a guess.

And while we're at it. Does anyone know whether that's Martin Ashby or not on the outside of Briggs and Collins in the third picture? It looks like his leathers, but the style's all wrong.

Think the Reading 7 may be Hans Wassermann?? Is that about the right time?

Grachan I remember the moped 'race'. Could you imagine what would be said on this forum if that kind of thing went on today ...

I missed the moped race. Can't have been by much though. I believe it was part of the 25th Anniversary meeting in 1974, which was my first season. I didn't start going until August though and it must have been before that. I did buy the 25th Anniversary booklet though - a classic of its genre.

Think the Reading 7 may be Hans Wassermann??  Is that about the right time?

Not convinced it's Hans Wasserman. I think he was shorter than that. I still reckon, looking at old team photos, that Mick Bell is the most likely.

I've added more pictures. Can anyone guess the Oxford no 4 against Hackney, and the Oxford number 2 against Wimbledon?

Edited by Grachan

Is it Helge Langli v Wimbledon and Eddie Davidsson v Hackney??

Good God, Frigbo, you are a genius. It is indeed brother Helge and Uncle Eddie.

Good God, Frigbo, you are a genius. It is indeed brother Helge and Uncle Eddie.

So Helge Langli Brother of Tormod I assume? Uncle Eddie, what of our superstar Jonas? Never heard of him.

Good pics by the way. Ah, the good old days!

So Helge Langli Brother of Tormod I assume?  Uncle Eddie,  what of our superstar Jonas? Never heard of him.

Good pics by the way. Ah, the good old days!

Eddie is, indeed, the Uncle of Swindon's Major GP Star Jonas.

I've added another one. Who is the Hackney rider? I'm assured it's easy, but I can't get it!

Edited by Grachan

Mike Broadbank 1975.

Gaaa!! See, I thought to myself, looks a bit like Mike Broadbank. No, I did. Honestly. Did he ride for Hackney then? Never knew that. Last I remember of him he was at Stoke. Well there's a thing.

So is Uncle Eddie also Daniels uncle??!!! :D:blink:

No doubt about it being Broady riding for Hackney it was only for one season I think, he was at the recent Hackney re-union, pictures can be found HERE

Broady must have been the only rider still using a JAP in the British League at that time . :shock:

I'll believe ya!

Broadie rode for Hackney in 75 after his Stoke spell. Finished at Crayford and Newport in 76 and 77.

Now, where's my anorak?

Guest Christophers Dad

What a great photo of Bob Kilby :D ,shame about the Race Jacket :o .

This could result in a posting from Chezza :oops:

There's a couple more there now. Oxford v Belle Vue (the rider on the outside for BV might by a tricky one. I got it, though, because I'm dead clever me) and an Eastbourne rider, who I can't identify.

Aces rider, is it Russ Hodgson? Eastbourne rider, could it be Roger Johns? he used to ride a JAP.

It is Russ Hodgson. I now know who the Eastbourne rider is. It's not Roger Johns. Someone still involved with the sport today.

Is it Neil Middleditch then?