British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Polish Grand Prix - Bydgoszcz

Rico was brilliant (...)

He was - especially in a Bydgoszcz Net Fans tshirt ;) and of course Henry W too :)

I knew Gollob was gonna win it. No suprise at all but joy as always :D

Good job to Lee, after double zero in first heats I didn't give much chance (Kitten even called him "pierdola" :P - definitely not a positive name) but he luckily got into semis and then did his best in the final (couldn't do better as obviously there was only one man to win it).

Oh ye, and congrats to Trick :P

Congratulations to Mr Gollob, loved his victory parade, very clever!!

Wasn't that brilliant balance all the way round the track. Superb stuff from the maestro :approve:

I dont think the TG victory surprised anyone.

Maybe we shouldn't be surprised at Tomasz Gollob's win but surely it was the way in which he rode that should be the talking point. He was absolutely fantastic and dared to go where nobody else would.

Not a fan of Lee Richardson but he rode very well last night and with a lot of bottle. To be honest I think he is taking over from Scott Nicholls who seems to fall at the final hurdle when the pressure is on.

gollob, yawn.

well done richardson on such a poor doctored track.

wooooooooooooooo

That "poor doctored track" served up some great racing :blink:

You sure it isn't just sour grapes on your part.

He was absolutely fantastic and dared to go where nobody else would.

You mean around the outside of Nicki P in Ht 6? What a fantastic overtake that was. Definitely the highlight of the meeting. Looked like Nicki P thought about pushing him and then thought better of it.

(Kitten even called him "pierdola"  :P - definitely not a positive name)

Right, I think the explanation is needed here :P I called him 'pierdola' what actually means the person who lost something what he/she could actually have had. And I said it after Trick overtook Lee on the last bend of 4th lap - definately didn't mean anything bad. Wouldnt call Lee any names... :approve:

bad Mateusz :mad::wink:

An evasive self-defence of the guilty :wink:

Edited by Mateusz

hehehehe - great one Gemini.

Agree 100% - he is going to have to accept soon that he is getting on in years and just do it gracefully - stop trying to act like a 20 year old!

Sad isn't it? :P He has always looked really nice but has decided to go down the road of highlights and spikey hair. :blink:

Not that I notice these things....but....Gary Havelock seems to be having a mid-life crisis as well. :wink:

Hope Rabbit doesn't see that comment.

He was - especially in a Bydgoszcz Net Fans tshirt  ;) and of course Henry W too  :)

I saw the pics Mateusz and the shirts looked very nice indeed :approve:

I disagree. I don't think there's any need to maintain two British riders in the circus. Most British fans aren't that bothered about the British riders. It's great if they win. But if they don't it's okay if TR wins, or Gollob, or Crump, or AJ, or Adams, because they're really the fans' favourite riders. I can't see much revenue difference from having just one British GP rider.

I say Richardson might not be finished because he could gain at the expense of the hapless Nicholls. Richardson's SWC form was superb and his performance at Bydgoszcz last night far superior to anything Nicholls has achieved this season.

Do you ever post anything that doesn't include offensive cheap swipes at the british Champion?

hehehehe - great one Gemini.

Agree 100% - he is going to have to accept soon that he is getting on in years and just do it gracefully - stop trying to act like a 20 year old!

Sad isn't it? He has always looked really nice but has decided to go down the road of highlights and spikey hair.

Not that I notice these things....but....Gary Havelock seems to be having a mid-life crisis as well.

Hope Rabbit doesn't see that comment.

Too late! :P Thought Havvy was looking quite distinguished actually with the longer hair recently. But then I always did have weird taste! ;):D

Got to say Sam can get away with it with his 'do. He's got a youthful looking face. Anyway, whats wrong with making an effort to look good - not like you have to give up and don the cardy and slippers just cos you hit 40. Hell I intend to grow old very disgracefully! :P

Edited by rabbit

Speedway Grand Prix Bydgoszcz

Well eh what???

This is it, th'Coronation of Tony Rickardsson

New Record equalling Six Times World Champion!!!

Uncle Mr. Clemens, resplendent in freshly laundered, ironed, pressed, colourful Halifax woolly jumper, with championship laurels of olive green specially imported from th'Mount Olympus Greece.

Personally hand woven by t'Father of t'Gods, Zeus his very sen.

Worn by wicked Mr Clemens as a Crown of Victory on his head.

Tasty Chinese meal to hand, disgruntled nephew in attendance.

Unable to accompany Uncle Mr Clemens on t'Great August Bank Holiday Speedway Adventure, turned t'tele on.

'Who in the hell's Bennett', moaned t'peed off nephew at t'silver screen??

(No silly not thee Joe TV screen eh what)!!!

Whilst th'intellectual TV Pundits set glorious scene for t'Coronation of T/R, pondering on th'ability of a multiple World Champion, to score four points without having a physical and mental breakdown,

Uncle Mr Clemens reflected on t'mystical vision handed down to him by Zeus from t'mountaintop just like Moses at t'start of t'speedway season!!!

There was T/R sat on t'bench at top of t'street with arms outstretched in a warm embrace mile wide smile on his face appropriately thankful for all he was about to receive

'What's tha got to smile about', asked th'bemused Uncle Mr. C, but T/R just sat there with th'grin on his face and said nowt!!!

Mr C's attention was diverted to a body laid on t'floor by the side of t'bench dressed in red and white speedway leathers arms folded across his chest laurel wreath pinned to his breast.

Half a penny dropped in Uncle Mr Clemens' tiny little mind immediately realising that t'mystical vision indicated a sixth triumph for t'wonderful T/R.

Whilst pondering long and hard on th'wicked implications of T/R's number six triumph t'other penny eventually dropped.

Th'corpse laid on t'floor resplendent in laurel green was non-other than t'other six times World Champion Ivan Gerald Mauger his very sen!!!

Then all t'wicked implications of T/R's up and coming win became th'abundantly clear. All these ancient speedway ghosts were going to be laid to rest

Th'end of an era, eh what???

All ready th'rumblings could be heard from th'Australian Gold Coast

('Where else would Ivan live but t'Gold Coast', chuckled wicked old myopic senile Uncle Mr Clemens to t'glowering nephew)!!!

Where t'afore said six times great sat on his gold plated Jawa speedway machine muttering to T/R on t'phone.

'Tha's still not won it three times on t'trot yet has tha???

Eh what Triple Crown Plus that's what mate EH!!!

But good luck all the same Give me best to th'Ove what's his name win't tha eh???

I could have won twenty grand prix's on t'trot

I only said th'Ove who is it could have won ten to be kind and so th'watching speedway millions didn't think I was a big head'.

Who us Ivan nivver. Everyone knows tha't modest to a fault!!!

With all these mystical vibes intact and Lee Richardson trying to get his head in gear on with the motley!!!

Heat 1.

Crump = 3 B. Pedersen = 2 Sullivan = 1 Lindback = 0

Crump technically still able to become World Champion steams away unlucky Ryan wearing unlucky 13 passes even unluckier Lindbach

Heat 2.

Adams = 3 Protasiewicz = 2 N.Pedersen = 1 Richardson = 0

Tough start Richardson adorned in laurel wreaths of speedway starting tape waving in the wind, mystical or what, shut out at the back!!!

'Is it a fair track', quoth TV Pundit Dullard prompted by t'performance of a sick looking Richardson???

Heat 3.

Rickardsson = 3 Jonsson = 2 Hampel = 1 Andersen = 0

T/R crawls agonisingly slowly to the front of the field.

Heat 4.

Gollob = 3 Hancock = 2 Nicholls = 1 Chrzanowski = 0

Great tussle between Gollob and Hancock. A frustrated Nicholls struggles

'Gollob loves riding in Poland', reports th'obvious stating Dullard!!!

Time out

'T/R's collecting milestones free at Tesco's he's relaxed about records focused on the job in hand', quoth th'astute TV Pundit Keith to Uncle Sam and Chris Louis.

(T/R doesn't shop at Morrisons then with Simon Stead', eh what chuckled senile Uncle Mr. Clemens to t'peed off nephew)???

'My money's on Pepe', says ever loyal team leader Chris Louis official Ipswich agent in charge of immigration of millions of Poles into GB.

'Night's closing in here floodlights piercing down', quoth th'obvious stating Dullard.

('Pearson where he's not here too is he', chuckled Uncle Mr. Clemens wickedly to his sen)???

Heat 5.

Hancock = 3 Crump = 2 Hampel = 1 Richardson = 0

Hancock great gate nudges Crump out of the way

Crump up inside of Hampel on fourth lap from last into second place.

Heat 6.

Gollob = 3 N.Pedersen = 2 Rickardsson = 1 Sullivan = 0

The Magic Moment!!!

Th' scurrilous rumour circulating t'Polish stadium, afore th'ultimate race, has it that T/R was seen in deep discussion with Ryan Sullivan and Hans Anderson, th'inquiring of t'best way to go about scoring points in a Speedway Grand Prix wicked, eh what!!!

'I'm sure Ivan Mauger is watching this coverage back in the Gold Coast in Australia', quoth Dullard

'If T/R comes in last I'm a Dutchman', adds t'perceptive Dullard

('Which one, not th'original Halifax 21 point maximum man Henny Kroeze by any chance', chuckled Uncle Mr. Clemens)???

Gollob makes a brilliant start wide to fence passed by Nicki Pedersen resplendent with lucky Danish racing legs

Gollob great move round N/P but T/R grabs the one point by pipping th'irate pointless Ryan Sullivan at t'post

T/R six times world champ!!!

Time out

('Notice that Jason Crump is immediately to hand first to congratulate T/R on th'glorious triumph' quoth Uncle Mr Clemens to th'nephew.

He's on a speedway bike', quoth th'sarky nephew peed off at passing of th'speedway crown from Crumpy to T/R, 'not a bleedin' Triumph you wicked old senile myopic old git')!!!

In congratulating T/R Crump displays all the attributes of a great world champion The weight of the responsibility, of wearing the world crown, visibly lifts from Crumps shoulders has he embraces Rickardsson.

Elated T/R interviewed thanks all those involved in his victory.

In th'midst of th'adoration of t'magi, th'TV pundit Dullard drops a speedway bombshell, that lands with a dull thud, in th'lap of wicked old senile myopic Uncle Mr Clemens.

'Let's see, this is how he achieved his World Championship, a genuine world final in '94 before the Grand Prix started'

T/R's FIRST WORLD TITLE A GENUINE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP EH WHAAAT!!!

'What were th'wicked implications of th'strange Dullard type remark, in t'midst of such joyous celebrations', pondered Uncle Mr Clemens, almost choking on t'tasty sweet and sour chicken!!!

Then another penny dropped in Mr Clemens' tiny little mind.

For if T/R's 1994 triumph was th'last GENUINE World Speedway Championship then th'wicked joyful six times record equalling T/R's t'other five triumphs were counterfeit, fraudulent, didn't count!!!

Therefore not only was T/R just a solitary one time World Speedway Championship winner, but all of his other titles amounted to b*gger all!!!

More pennies dropped inside Uncle Mr Clemens' tiny little mind

For if all T/R's triumphs were counterfeit so were all t'other bogus champ's titles from that moment to this!!!

Yes that's you Professor Hans Nielsen thi fourth title means nowt mate but nivver mind eh!!!

Tha't still on a par with Ole and Eric, nowt's lost, is it, eh???

And you Billy Hamill No Bull. Not yours either Mr. Hancock

('Let's get that clear straight away', chuckled senile myopic Uncle Mr. Clemens mimicking GENUINE World Championship winning Uncle Sam's famous catchphrase)!!!

Not yours sparky Marky Loram no point in looking sick about it mate!!!

Nor yours tricky Nicky Pederson on yer lucky Danish Racing legs!!!

Sorry J/C tha wasted thi time coming second all them years. Jack Young's still th'last GENUINE th'Australian World Champ bogus or what eh???

'These Speedway World Championships don't amount to a hill of beans', echoed th'immortal words of th'great American actor Humphrey Gocart across th'speedway ages!!!

Uncle Mr Clemens, still choking on t'tasty Chinese meal, could hear distant wicked Gold Coast chuckling, from t'one and only six GENUINE times World GENUINE Champion.

Not a fraudulent title in sight, eh what, NITRO, rocking with joy on th'gold plated Jawa!!!

But on wi' th'current counterfeit Speedway Grand Prix

Heat 7.

Andersen = 3 Protasiewicz = 2 Chrzanowski = 1 Lindback = 0

Great Andersen gate Pepe cuts through to 2nd place

'I thought you were going to say that Chris Louis was going to buy everyone a drink, if his man gets through to the final', chuckles th'astute TV Pundit Kelv to wicked Dullard, looking forward to imbibing free Ipswich drinks!!!

Heat 8.

Jonsson = 3 Nicholls = 2 B. Pedersen = 1 Adams = 0

A/J misses gate through to front up the inside. Adam's engine failure

'Bad luck for Adams good fortune for Nicholls', quoth Kelv injecting th'lucky omens into t'proceedings!!!

Time out

During the break TV Pundit Keith asks th'studio guests Louis and Uncle Sam their opinions on t'brilliant yet fraudulent six times world champion T/R's ongoing successes

'Shurrup thee Chris Louis', quoth TV Pundit Keith.

'I'm talking to bona fide GENUINE World Speedway Champions here', when enquiring of what's in store for t'bogus champ T/R in t'future

'The others have to raise their game. T/R will want to stay in front. T/R has more in him', quoth GENUINE Uncle Sam

('What more bogus World Titles to come th'blessed T/R's way', chuckled wicked old senile myopic Uncle Mr Clemens bursting into song.

With apologies to the Grand Master himself Woody Guthrie

'Uncle Sam took up the challenge in the year of 93')!!!

Heat 9.

Nicholls = 3 Crump = 2 Andersen = 1 N.Pedersen = 0

Andersen bunched up falls meanwhile TV Pundits Kelv and Dullard discuss T/R

'What's the difference between legendary Ivan Mauger and fraudulent Tony Rickardsson', asks th'Dullard of th'intellectually th'astute World Champion TV Pundit Kelv????

'How long have we got', chuckles th'wicked Kelv ???

('Mhm about twenty years of debate between th'triumphs of GENUINE Ivan Mauger's abilities and t'fraudulent T/R's abilities I shouldn't wonder', chuckled Uncle Mr Clemens to his silly sen, already pondering on th'hysterical arguments, probably already taking place twixt th'intellectual inmates of th'speedway forum as we speak.

Eh what niver)!!!

'Tony for me personally is a littler bit more the complete rider he seems to have everything in his locker.

Rickardsson will possibly go down as the best rider in history', being Kelv's carefully considered response to the question of a Dullard!!!

'If you were racing in Grand Prix action against Ivan Mauger, who never rode in a counterfeit Grand Prix of course, or you had to race Tony Rickardsson which one would you prefer to race against', asked th'mind numbing Dullard of th'astute Kelv, 'or would it be tricky Nicky Pedersen and his lucky Danish racing legs???

'It would certainly be tough to race against Nicki Pedersen's lucky Danish racing legs, for different sets of reasons' chuckled recently th'hip replaced Kelv, 'and hard against T/R and Mauger for another different sets of reasons'.

('Yep cos ones GENUINE and t'others a fraud', chuckled Uncle Mr Clemens)

'Well of course Ivan did say he had to start in qualifiers, on the other side of the world, taking half the year to get through', quoth Dullard eager to add fuel to the great 'who is the greatest debate', scheduled to run forever and ever amen!!!

Rerun

Andersen falls again stands on track waving his arms in furious exasperation all four back

'Hans must feel aggrieved, it must feel like déjà vu for him', chuckles TV Pundit Kelv, mystical or what eh, after concluding that it was no ones fault Andersen went down twice

Dullard refers back t'studio for t'verdicts of Uncle Sam and Chris Louis

'The words, 'that he could have backed it off', were the words used by Chris Louis', quoth th'anchorman Keith, has the studio guests were unanimous in agreement of all four back in

'Seems like everybody concurs in here Kelvin with your thoughts', quoth overawed TV pundit Keith, by th'astute genius of Kelv

('Conkers', chuckled wicked old Uncle Mr. C to his silly sen eh what)???

'Well that's nice we're all happy families together Keith terrific stuff', commented t'newly confirmed and crowned th'World Champion Speedway TV Pundit Kelvin, to mass chuckling from one and all concerned with Sky Sports presentation.

Not Bennett gaah Brian, Brian not the monitor!!!

Rerun 2

Andersen cuts back as ace commentator Kelvin predicts the lead changes

Nicholls brilliant win

'Best race of the night', quoth a thrilled Kelvin, at t'fulfillment of his mystical prediction.

Heat 10.

Richardson = 3 Jonsson = 2 Sullivan = 1 Chrzanowski = 0

'Richardson had good fortune there as Jonsson made a hash of the gate', quoth Kelvin

'Better late than never', quoth Dullard

Heat 11.

Adams = 3 Gollob = 2 Hampel = 1 Lindback = 0

Amazing last to second from the masterful Gollob

'Gollob comes from another planet', quoth th'increasingly mystically minded Kelv.

'Not quite has far as another planet, just a couple of metres or so outside', quoth Dullard, questioning another World Champs grasp on speedway reality!!!

Heat 12.

Hancock = 3 Protasiewicz = 2 B. Pedersen = 1 Rickardsson = 0

Hancock all the way from the gate

'Rickardsson found it tough' quoth fresh from another planet Kelvin

Time out

'T/R's looking all at sea at the moment', th'observes TV Pundit Keith

'Tracks been watered', chuckles Uncle Sam

'Kelvin says heat 9 is the best race of the night and I would never argue with Kelvin', quoth Keith

Better not mate oh no!!!

'Oooh Kay', mutters th'unimpressed, with Keith's adoration of Kelvin, GENUINE World Speedway Champion Uncle Sam!!!

Crump magnanimous in interview

'It's a privilege to be racing in the same era as Tony, maybe he will give it back to me next year'!!!

Heat 13.

Gollob = 3 Protasiewicz = 2 Jonsson = 1 Crump = 0

Great start from Pepe Gollob racing on another planet glides majestically round Protasiewicz J/C squeezed out

Heat 14.

Hancock = 3 Adams = 2 Andersen = 1 Sullivan = 0

Rerun after Hancock falls great start from Greg

TV Pundits speculate on Sullivan's inclusion in next year's Grand Prix

'Greg Hancock's one of the nicest guys in the pits', quoth Kelvin

Heat 15.

Rickardsson = 3 Richardson = 2 Nicholls = 1 Lindback = 0

T/R wide to the front L/R squeezes T/R out

T/R at his best passes Richardson with brilliant move on last turn of last lap

'T/R enjoyed that one, there will be a big smile on his face till Christmas I'm sure', quoth Kelv, as t'jovial T/R chuckles to his sen in t'pits!!

Heat 16.

N.Pedersen = 3 B.Pedersen = 2 Hampel = 1 Chrzanowski = 0

N/P hits front. B/P passes N/P. N/P repasses to win.

Time out

'How's your money', TV Pundit Keith speculates on th'eventual winner of th'current GP, hoping to get a free drink out of someone???

'My money's still on the fence', chuckles Uncle Sam reluctant to mention which American rider he wants to come in first!!!

'Looks like T/R's fighting back unfortunately it was Lee Richardson T/R mugged on the last bend', quoth Keith, digging himself a deep hole

'Yeah you wrote him off didn't ya, nah nah ne nah na', grimaced disgruntled Chris Louis, firmly grasping his opportunity to get one over on smart arse TV th'anchorman Keith, bootlicker extraordinaire, to all World Speedway Champions past and present

'T/R pushed Richardson gentlemanly like', quoth Uncle Sam

Heat 17.

Adams = 3 Crump = 2 Rickardsson = 1 Chrzanowski = 0

'There's obviously a combination here', quoth th'astute Kelv

'If T/R comes first Crumpy second Adams third they'd all go through.

But I am sure they haven't discussed that'.

Fraudulent thinking or what eh Kelv???

Adams from gate to finish. T/R struggles against Chrzanowski

Heat 18.

Protasiewicz = 3 Hampel = 2 Nicholls = 1 Sullivan = 0

Pepe another great start. Nicholls chases Hampel to no avail

Heat 19.

N.Pedersen = 3 Jonsson = 2 Hancock = 1 Lindback = 0

N/P pressured by A/J. Off the pace Hancock struggles in third place

'Pedersen shows character', quoth Kelvin has N/P claws his way back into contention

Heat 20.

Richardson = 3 Gollob = 2 B. Pedersen = 1 Andersen = 0

'Rickardsson could rely on Gollob to get into the semis' quoth Dullard

'Swings and roundabouts. (eh what?), chuckles Kelv.

'Who would have thought that Tomasz Gollob could do Rickardsson a favour by winning a race???

A shocking Lee Richardson, foils riding round the boards Gollob, to work his way into the semis after his bad start to the night

Time out as semi finalists choose racing positions

'Where will Gollob go, only he knows. Nothing works more mysteriously than interplanetary Tony (eh what!!!) Gollob's mind', quoth th'anchorman Keith, as the riders stand around waiting for Godot, sorry Gollob.

Eh!!! Who??? Samuel Beckett!!!

'Maybe they've got a juggler we can't see', quoth Keith has Gollob stands impatiently waiting hands on hips to take his pick

'Adams' down on his knees looking for divine inspiration' observes Keith!!!!

(Eh what, hold on a minute, visionary or what, we can't have that mate.

Yer'll have folk thinking mystical visions are ten a penny)!!!

'And tedious Chris has got the mindset of Tomasz Gollob', observes condescending Keith, has Gollob picks the gate position, indicated by th'official government appointed Ipswich Immigration Controller

'Thanks Keith', mutters th'disgruntled p*ssed off Chris Louis!!!

All the riders pick their positions

'Any surprises there gentleman', asks thinking man's TV th'anchorman Keith???

'No' says tight-lipped Louis.

'Well that's how I would have expected the gate picking to go, but who gives a sh*t what I think anyway'???

Interview with T/R

'How did you feel after the title was won', asked TV pundit Steve Brandon???

T'jovial Tone reveals th'wicked reasons for his failure to make the semis

'You just lose all that momentum, you just laugh about everything.

All the focus just went.

You just sit there with a smile on your face, waiting for the green light to come on, saying come on focus, focus. It's difficult.

But really the truth is, I couldn't concentrate, for thinking of wicked old senile myopic chuckling Uncle Mr. Clemens and his mystical visions!!!

Who me??? Eh. What???

Semi final one

Gollob = 3 Crump = 2 N.Pedersen = 1 Protasiewicz = 0

Gollob imperious from the gate. Crump last battles to second place in great move up the inside of Pedersen

Semi final two

Richardson = 3 Hancock = 2 Adams = 1 Jonsson = 0

Great win by Lee Richardson, blows kisses to the camera, sharing out th'GB Maximum Man's lucky sickness bug, amongst all those lucky, lucky speedway watching millions!!!

Sudden appearance of Middlo on t'screen (no not you Joe!!!)

No doubt taking part in another wickedly lucky GB sickness plot lurking in the background, germ free, with a knowing look on his face???

Time out

Gollob picks the inside line. Hancock hesitates before picking blue

'I think he was thinking about picking four there', quoth th'astute Polish Immigration Officer Louis

'You really think he was thinking that Chris', quoth a mildly interested TV pundit Keith

'I do', quoth Louis has if the groom at a mystical wedding ceremony

'I don't believe it, Crumpy next', quoth t'swiftly moving on Keith

'I don't give a sh*t what tha believes', mutters th'wicked Immigration Officer to his sen!!!

'I will buy the drinks if Richardson wins t'final', quoth t'generous Keith

'I bet tha bleedin will' >>> thinks Polish immigration orientated Louis

The Final

Gollob = 1ST Richardson = 2ND Crump = 3RD Hancock = 4TH

Gollob from the gate. Richardson works his way into second place

At this point came the special moment of the night.

You can keep your six times world championship winners

There was the imperious, supremely magnificent Tomasz Gollob, the greatest speedway rider I have ever personally seen, perfectly balanced, who needs lucky racing legs, floating round the track, has for once precisely put by Tony, who Rickardsson??? No Dullard!!!

'He's standing there like God on his bike riding round this circuit'

'I didn't know God rode a motorbike', quoth disgruntled nephew

Didn't tha???

'Didn't tha know that God always rode around in TRIUMPH in mystical biblical days of old', chuckled wicked old senile myopic Uncle Mr Clemens

Eh >>> what!!!

Congrats Tone on the sixth. Heres t'seventh. Heaven??? Eh what!!!

'I love everybody', quoth Godlike Tomasz Gollob

Edited by Mr. Clemens