British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TomBrownWWR

Tampering?

It is unfortunate to hear of the damage that occured to the HT leads on George Piper's Ignition Box recently at Buxton, Whilst I hope that was not done maliciously to get at George, we are obviously disapointed that this has happened considering that George was borrowing the box from Tom. Unfortunately it seems that all the good that is coming from the academy league and Under 15's is being overshadowed by this mindless behaviour from what is thankfully the minority.

George scored 6+3 that day so when did he have mechanical problems ?.

Terry+Tom , whilst I can understand your point I feel you have overshot the mark here and I doubt very much that the bike was tampered with.

At cardiff I am lead to believe the rubber band was not in place to hold the box in the tray and thus fell out of the tray.The press release said he had ignition problems !.Will this also be classed as an accusation of someone tampering ?.

There were only 9 Academy league riders at Buxton on that day with 1 leaving after heat 1 in an ambulance so that leaves 8.I know them all and can assure you they would not interfere with another competitors machine.

It is possible that a member of the public reached through the fence as Steve was right next to the pit gate but would have to be very brave to do so.George did have a fall in one heat so damage could have occured then.

:o I cannot believe that someone would seriously "Tamper" with a Kids (let's face it 15 is a kid) bike. Maybe the time for CCTV in pits is coming sooner than we think.

George scored 6+3 that day so when did he have mechanical problems ?.

Terry+Tom , whilst I can understand your point I feel you have overshot the mark here and I doubt very much that the bike was tampered with.

At cardiff I am lead to believe the rubber band was not in place to hold the box in the tray and thus fell out of the tray.The press release said he had ignition problems !.Will this also be classed as an accusation of someone tampering ?.

There were only 9 Academy league riders at Buxton on that day with 1 leaving after heat 1 in an ambulance so that leaves 8.I know them all and can assure you they would not interfere with another competitors machine.

It is possible that a member of the public reached through the fence as Steve was right next to the pit gate but would have to be very brave to do so.George did have a fall in one heat so damage could have occured then.

Hi there Morgan I am one of Georges sponsors and I took the Magic box to Interspan ,and Fred told showed me it had a CLEAN KNIFE CUT.I did see this for my own eyes ,so the damage was not caused by a loose box ,a fall or vibration.

Someone some how cut It...Its a fact a very sad fact that there are people out there willing to do this to a rider and his team .As Terry/Tom (Brown) said they had loaned George the box(which we thank them very much for) as he had some problems with his so this adds more expence to an already very expensive and dangerous sport..Mindless.

KOZ