British Speedway Forum
Readiefan

Under 15's V Under 16's, August 26th, Somerset

It's certain that Sam won't be there now I believe Tim Webster will be taking his place with Shane Waldren at 1. Don't underestimate Shane, although he has been out for a long while he should still be able to give a good account of himself.

Updates on this meeting will be available Here

Tonight was the first time I have seen these youngster compete. Joshua Auty reminded me of Tony Rickardson.

I was impressed with allt he juniors, they all looked like they could do a job in the CL already!

Sam Hurst >>> I was looking at the website pictures >>> It struck me this lad will go far in the sport >>> keep an eye on him!!!

Under 16's 19

Shane Waldron 0 1 1* 1* 3 + 2

Joe Reynolds 1 0 0 2 3

Tim Webster 3 3 2 8

Chris Widman 0 R 1* 1 + 1

Jay Pickard 2 2 4

Under 15's 29

Joshua Auty 3 3 3 3 12

Ben Taylor 2* 2* 2 R 6 + 2

George Piper 2 1* 0 3 + 1

Brendan Johnson 1* 3 3 7 + 1

Daniel Greenwood 1 0 1

Heat 1 - Joshua Auty ; Ben Taylor ; Joe Reynolds ; Shane Waldron ; 61.60 (1-5)(1-5)

Heat 2 - Tim Webster ; George Piper ; Brendan Johnson ; Chris Widman ; 65.15 (3-3)(4-8)

Heat 3 - Joshua Auty ; Ben Taylor ; Shane Waldron ; Joe Reynolds ; 61.76 (1-5)(5-13)

Heat 4 - Brendan Johnson ; Jay Pickard ; Daniel Greenwood ; Chris Widman® ; 64.57 (2-4)(7-17)

Heat 5 - Tim Webster ; Ben Taylor ; George Piper ; Joe Reynolds ; 63.26 (3-3)(10-20)

Heat 6 - Joshua Auty ; Tim Webster ; Shane Waldron ; George Piper ; 61.02 (3-3)(13-23)

Heat 7 - Brendan Johnson ; Jay Pickard ; Chris Widman ; Daniel Greenwood ; 64.67 (3-3)(16-26)

Heat 8 - Joshua Auty ; Joe Reynolds ; Shane Waldron ; Ben Taylor® ; 60.60 (3-3)(19-29)

“Young Stars Shine in Somerset"

A good portion of the crowd remained after the main League match to get a view of what the future has in store for British Speedway.

They were treated to a fine display from the up and coming British talent, in this first Test Match, between the Under 16’s, and Under15’s of Peter Oakes Youth Academy.

Fourteen years old Joshua Auty looked a cut above the rest, with a fine display to return a 12 maximum, on his first look at the Oak Tree arena circuit. He produced some very quick times, with his last, 60.60 secs, not far behind some of the times recorded in the earlier Premier League encounter.

Not too far behind him, in points scoring at least, came Tim Webster, with a fine 8 points from three rides. Another who looks to be a future prospect, is Ben Taylor who, had in not been for an engine failure in his last ride, would have returned at least 8+3 from his 4 rides, as it was he had to make do with 6+2.

Shane Waldron, who had been one of Auty’s main rivals in last years Under 15 Championship, had a disappointing evening, with an EF, and only three third places to show for his night’s endeavours. Brendon Johnson was another on the score sheet with two wins, and a third from 3 rides.

The ends result was a 19-29 win for the Under 15’s side, in a match where all rider rode with enough enthusiasm, and commitment to show that we have a great crop of young stars coming through the ranks. The only disappointment was that the other rising start of British Speedway, Lewis Bridger, was not here to take on Auty, as that would have been a match up to produce the fireworks.

Courtesy of Dave T

Good contest and some impressive showings from the young 'uns.

Point for Dave T on Shane Waldron is that this was his first competitive rides since breaking his shoulder pre-season ( 7 months out) and he had just a few laps round Rye House prior to it. He seized his best engine in the first race then rode steadily getting more into as the meeting went on and did better than his dad expected. Given a few more outings he'll be back in the swing of things --but great to see him back in action.

Josh was in a class of his own again but Tim Webster, who rode for me at Buxton last Sunday for Clwb Caerfyrddin , impressed with 8 out of 9 losing out only to Josh.

Jay Pickard has come on a bundle and the more rides he gets the better he becomes and it was good to see former Cradley rider Justin Walker and his dad John in Jay' s corner.

Ben Taylor lopst his paid max with a snapped chain in his last ride as the under 15's took the honours against their "older" rivals the Under 16's !!

Great stuff --and nice to see Steve Piper back in George's corner and as usual there with a new joke or two !!

If you haven't seen these young 'uns in action yet do so --you'll be very impressed with them and the standard of racing. Well done to Peter Oakes for what he has done in getting these lads regular and competitive rides.

Edited by Main Man

Thanks Main Man good to be back though a little done in today.

One of the highlights for me was to see Shane back on a bike. Wish him well for the rest of the season. Also was nice to see how the U15s worked as a team.

Give the lads a good track to race on and the lads produced some great racing.

As I said to yesterday Steve ---take it easy mate!! You don't get a second chance re-run with life. You've had two scares this year--no more please!!

PS Great joke last night -keep 'em coming!! :D

Edited by Main Man