British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Hampel And Sullivan Out Of Lonigo

Taken from speedwayworld.tv:

Jarek Hampel and Ryan Sullivan have both withdrawn from this weekend's final Grand Prix of the season at Lonigo.

Hampel broke a bone in his hand in last week's Eugeniusz Nazimek meeting in Poland, while Sullivan (pictured) is still unwell after undergoing recent blood tests.

The Aussie has also pulled out of his British, Polish and Swedish league commitments.

Hampel is currently ninth overall in the Grand Prix standings while Sullivan is 14th. Both will now have to wait and see if they get a special nomination back into the 2006 series.

Sweden's Stefan Andersson and Russian reserve Roman Povazhny are set to replace Hampel and Sullivan at Lonigo this weekend, though official confirmation of their participation is still awaited.

Edited by Subedei

I just read that myself.

I hope Roman can make a good fist of it, and not embarrass himself.

They are taking the #### if Jarek has to wait for a "special nomination" :angry:

Well not really. He can't finish higher than 9th, and the automatic qualification cut off is 8th. It's pretty certain he'll be in it again next season, as he's managed to get that many points and miss 3 GP's.

Im sure after the way hes rode in this GP series Hampel will get in next years... hears hoping for a speedy recover for both riders :)

Sad news for both riders concerned, but am I the only one to find the replacement selections slightly bizarre?

I'd have far rather seen someone with a serious chance of joining the GP circus next year, whether they are new blood, such as Kasprzak or Stead, or making a return like Holta or Pepe...

The two placement are there because they were in the last quailfier grand final before the 'closed shop' system.

Both of them will be a waste of time. They should of put in two GP hopefuls.

i thought PK was the 2nd reserve in GPs?

Making Sulli and Jarek's replacements PK and Andersson (With KB also injured)?

PK would be a good bet

Good luck to Stefan Andersson :D

Can anyone confirm that it's Andersson for Hampel & Povazhny for Sullivan? Just wondering for the heat lineups.

Edit: Speedwayworld has changed to confirm this.

Edited by Bud White