British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Italian Grand Prix - Lonigo

A very good, entertaining meeting. Pleased to see Leigh Adams get the third place overall. I think Leigh`s problem this year has been his motivation. Once motivated Leigh can do anything, but all too often he settles for 3rd or 4th place in the semi`s or finals. The way Nicki rode at times tonight, i am pleased he got demoted to 4th place overall. He is a hard dirty nosed rider. The way he took out Jason and Matej was very much deliberate. Tony was superb again, as was Jason :) Greg blows hot and cold, but fair play to him, he nearly caught up with Nicki overall ( shame he did not win this G.P and reduce Nicki further down the pecking order).

In next years G.P I would like to see the top 8 plus these riders:

Simon Stead

Kenneth Bjerre

Matej Zager

Rune Holta

Jarek Hampel

Scott Nicholls

Antonio Lindback

Niels Kristian Iversen

Bloody amazing experience!!

That is my honest opinion, certainly one of the best GP's I have been to, the atmosphere even 3 hours before it began was awesome and it just got better as the night went on.

We were standing on the back straight right up by the fence and I the racing from there was not dire or boring but bloody fast and sometimes a bit eeeekkkk as the bikes were passing no more than a few feet in front of us (reminded me of Exeter)

Last night confirmed that speedway fans have to be the friendliest people around, no knowledge of a Language was no barrier to conversation, in fact we had maintained a conversation with the Polish group just behind us for most of the night despite I know zilch Polish and they only English they knew was Ipswich Witches and John Louis!! Amazing what you can do with sign language.

I would come here again next year if I could, the whole weekend has been brilliant from start to finish.

FTM...you mean I actually did well???? :blink:

glad you had a good time sue,it looked a great place,wish id gone now,maybe next year if its there.thought the racing was great as well.

Best GP ever all the riders true colours were shown.

A Racers track, excellent

Well Done Rickardsson :)

Zagar shown why he is not in the EL as he was too slow and that was dangerous in itself, look at him prancing around mid track leaving Nicki Pedersen nowhere to go.

Tomas Gollob proving he is nobody when he has not got his mate as referee, never seen anyone go backwards quicker!

excellent track, well done BSI!!

Edited by Boyscout

Thought that was the best GP I've seen for consistently good racing. It had just about everything.

I think I was in the majority,as I fully expected it to be a bit of a non event, but credit to all the riders for putting on such a great show.

Will 6 points ever be enough to qualify for the semis again?

Zagar doesn't look the world beater that everyone cracks him up to be, although at Elite League level He will be good value on a 5 something average.

I can't see riders like Sully and Richardson being invited back next year.

Great night's TV.

And so, for the last time this season, my assessments of the riders' individual performces at the GP are:

L Adams: A good GP for Adams.

H Andersen: Made the semis. One of his better efforts this season. But does he deserve a third chance in 2006? I doubt it.

S Andersson: Won the opening race and then went downhill.

T Chrzanowski: Had a decent enough GP to finish the season. But not enough to save his GP career you feel.

J Crump: A good GP for Crump. Was on the pace all night.

T Gollob: The GP was awful, but Gollob was worse. Appalling. If it wasn't for Bydgoszcz he'd not have been in the top 8 and on this showing he wouldn't have deserved to be around next season.

G Hancock: Continues to impress in the later GPs of this season. Made the final and finished 3rd. He'll be happy with that. Or, at least, he should be.

A Jonsson: A super performance from Jonsson. Provided the only real entertainment. Made a mistake in the semi, or was it a harsh decision? Like Nicholls you feel Jonsson has to start riding "smarter" races.

A Lindback: Hit and miss. He'll be around next season, but you wonder if he's come to the GPs too soon, or whether he'd benefit from a year away from the circus?

S Nicholls: A little unlucky. But that's a constant refrain and you start to feel it's not just a question of luck. Shouldn't get a third chance, but probably will. Needs to start riding with his "head".

B Pedersen: An impressive GP to round off 2005 and he's safely in the top 8. Well done young fellow. But he was in the wars again last night. Why do they always pick on BP?

N Pedersen: Didn't look that fit to be honest. Probably only there to try and keep his 3rd place in the world safe. But he didn't manage it.

R Povazhny: Won a race.

L Richardson: After his heroics at Bydgoszcz, Richardson finished the 2005 circus with a whimper rather than a bang.

T Rickardsson: Awesome. Started the 2005 circus with a 7 ride maximum at Wroclaw and finished it with a 7 ride maximum at Lonigo. Head, shoulders and torso above the rest this season.

Edit:

M Zagar: So anonymous I missed him off the list.

Edited by Subedei

Subedei you don't have to keep this up any longer. Steve Shovlar is back now to take over his spot again of number one wind up merchant.  :lol:

Personally I thought it was a brilliant G.P. with passing in nearly all of the races.

Great stuff.

Gemini, I wasn't complaining that it was a fix, only that the levels of competition haven't enabled other riders to overtake the existing "best in the world" - in other words, that the problem lies with the next level down, those who should be developing faster than they are. Looking at the riders concerned, we seem to have quite a few veterans in the top bracket so the next generation ought by rights to be overtaking them very soon. But would you bet against another TR triumph at this stage? :blink:

Experience counts for a lot over the series though, I feel this is why the younger generation are not overhauling the established guys as yet.

Brilliant gp one of the best ive seen so far, the rider that really stood out for me was Andreas Jonsson, absolutly fantastic racing from him, tony untouchable as always, Scotty had a lot of bad luck and deserved better than what he got i think.

Speedway Grand Prix Lonigo

The Final Exam and The End of Term Party

Everything is at Sixes and Sevens in the Temples of Heaven

As Speedway riders joust for places

On the Speedway Round Table at the Court of the New Speedway King

Uncle Mr Clemens resplendent in

'Where's t'chuffing speedway gone'???

colourful Halifax woolly pully

'Whoops silly me', chuckled Uncle Mr Clemen's t'glowering nephew

laurel leaves still sparkling green

'I must have t'wrong channel on'???

sat down with tasty sweet and sour chicken

'You stupid, senile, myopic, wicked, old git, this is tennis not speedway',

quoth th'irate nephew on his return from t'Chinese take away???

to party along with th'new Six Times World Champion Tony Rickardsson

'Whoops sorry I thought Andre Agassi was one of th'Italian reserve riders getting his elbows in shape for t'meeting

certain to put on a glorious televised speedway spectacular

'Football, Tennis, Golf', groaned t'nephew!!!

befitting th'newly crowned King of Speedway

'Where's t'chuffing speedway gone', quoth frantic t'channel flicking nephew???

for t'watching speedway millions

'Eh what wait what's all this' chuckled Uncle Mr Clemens???

'Tennus'!!! 'You have two Minnutts??? You have two Minnuts!!!

'It's same chuffing bloke that says 'Tennus' who says 'you have two 'Minnuts' you have two Minnuts!!! eh mystical or what', chuckled Uncle Mr Clemens at t'deep joy of it all with tasty sweet and sour chicken not to mention 'Tennus' at his elbow???

Then it all became clear to Uncle Mr Clemens in an immaculate misconception. Speedway was Sky TV's Official Program Replacement - Third Reserve

when there was b*ggar all else to show on satellite tv.

Tactical subterfuge or what eh!!!!

'Brian Brian Not the monitor!!!

Not only that th'Italians had already got on with t'motley so t'breathless race was already on for t'speedway watching millions to catch up with late night speedway Italian style!!!

So we'd best get on wi' it eh straightaway!!!

But no despite t'fact meeting had already started t'speedway millions were invited to a recap of t'last magnificent win of th'majestic Tomasz Gollob!!!

And yet no again not before th'speedway millions were invited to recap on t'prospects of t'main speedway jousters in t'meeting already taking place???

'Tony can relax tonight in Italy' quoth Keith

'Yep, Yep we know!!!

Crump can consolidate second place

Yep we know that too!!!

Will Lee Adams pip Tricky Nicky Pedersen to third place or will it be Greg Hancock???

Will Scott Nicholls sit at the Speedway Round Table and secure 8th place by overtaking Andreas Jonsson????

Will Lee Richardson look sick enough to attract medical attention from the promoters???

Christmas is coming can Batman prevent it????

At last on with th'bleeding motley. Yay!!!!

The televised presentation gets off in a brisk, efficient, business like manner has the pre-recorded first four races flash by in the blink of an eye

Heat 1.

S. Andersen 3 N Pedersen 2 Jonsson 1 Gollob 0

Tricky Nicki out in front passed by Jonsson who slips and slides from first to third as Andersen glides to surprise win. Track conditions wet and greasy cause upsets from the off.

'Tomasz Gollob's having an absolute nightmare', quoth TV Pundit Pearson

Sliding off the pace, Gollob obviously ill at ease, representing a nation not used to home grown Speedway Monarchs

('Probably t'reason they've only had one World Champion', chuckled Uncle Mr Clemens

'Who'???

'Szczakiel'!!!

'Never heard of him', quoth t'nephew

'Who has', chuckled Uncle Mr Clemens)!!!

Heat 2.

Chrzanowski 3 H. Andersen 2 B. Pedersen 1 Richardson 0

The Pole leads from the first bend sweeping round the outside for second surprise win of the meeting. Pressured by Andersen all the way

'Lee Richardson head obviously not in gear again disappointingly at the back', quoth Pearson

Heat 3.

Hancock 3 Zagar 2 Adams 1 Povazhny 0

Hancock convincing win from the gate technically able to improve on 5th place overall

Adams struggles on greasy track to cope with Zagar who finishes in second place

'We will keep you up with the mathematics of it all', quoth th'informative Pearson

Heat 4.

T/R 3 Crump 2 Lindback 1 Nicholls 0

The once and future King versus the new reigning Monarch versus the Young Pretenders

T/R round outside of Crump

Nicholls connects with Lindback suffers mechanical problems losing a chain according to th'eagle eyed astute Kelvin

Emphatic win for T/R putting his stamp on the meeting from the off

Anybody who thought T/R was here for a party they'd better think again', quoth th'astute thrilled Pearson

Yeah they were very much mistaken', quoth th'intellectual Kelvin

'T/R's domination has never been threatened this season', quoth Pearson

Back to real live action in heat five

Heat 5

Jonsson 3 B Pedersen 2 Richardson 1 Nicholls 0

Nicholls out in his 2nd race on the trot makes frantic adjustments to his bike

'It's a tricky track' quoth th'astute Kelv

GB Team manager Middlo seen in Nicholl's corner, obviously hatching a wicked Usurpation Plot, to deprive A/J of his tenuous hold on 8th place on th'Speedway Round Table

Eh what more subterfuge in a counterfeit GP???

'The track's dead flat and the water doesn't run off it's evening now and the dews come down making the track greasy causing riders to lose momentum', quoth th'ever astute and informative Kelvin

Nicholls on two 'Minnuts' cuts across the centre green

'Wayhay nice one', chuckles Kelvin

'Nice bit of skill on the grass' chuckles Pearson

'He's not a bad grass-track rider actually', quoth Kelv hinting at a possible career riding replacement for the luckless Nicholls

'Nichols needs to win this one' quoth Pearson has Nicholls drives into Jonsson hurling him into the fence under his own bike Nicholls apologetic to A/J.

A/J accepts the apology perhaps unaware of a Usurpation Plot hatched against him

Pearson hands t'speedway millions back to th'studio where th'almost forgotten trio of UK based TV Pundits sit waiting to voice their opinions.

A new air of tranquil, gentlemanly, respectability surrounds th'intrepid trio of pundits not one iota of condescension to be sensed anywhere???

('Keith's obviously learned to respect th'speedway's lesser lights since th'last Grand Prix', chuckled wicked old senile myopic Uncle Mr Clemens)???

'Andreas Jonsson's being a bit of a gentleman there', quoth th'ever so polite Keith displaying his new found sincerity for all t'speedway watching millions to see

'After being stuffed into the fence it's one of those situations where he could have shown a little less cool Andreas' showing his class there'

'Scotty's a racer Andreas' a racer they're both racers' quoth th'astute Uncle Sam putting two and two together in a mystical mathematical equation

'Scotty made a great move but there wasn't enough dirt to hold him up'

'Do you think a little bit of frustration got hold of him' quoth Keith ever so sweetly batting his eyelids disarmingly in Chris Louis' direction???

'Yep I think it was a little bit of frustration', responded the equally sweet Chris Louis chuffed at Keith's new found respect befitting th'Official Polish Immigration Officer

'He knew Andreas was the man he's got to beat as well but there wasn't enough dirt to hold him up'

Uncle Sam comments on an action replay of Nicholls' collision with Jonsson

'You can just see his dirt deflector climbing up errrrr'

Uncle Sam almost chokes on his wise words as ever so polite Keith cuts in!!!

'Don't blame t'four times World Speedway Monarch Barry Briggs for it', quoth th'world champion adoring Keith

'I'm not having any of that my dear old mate Barry Briggs you can't blame his dirt deflector for that!!!

You can blame bleedin Chris Louis if you want though', chuckled Keith wickedly to his silly sen, has he sweetly looks into t'camera to apologise t'speedway watching millions, for being a little late in getting th'meeting on their screens.

(No not thee Joe TV screens thee keep thi mind on getting thi sen fit for t'ruckus on Monday neet)!!!

'Jonsson's had his wheelbase shortened by a foot', quoth Keith,

keeping th'promise t'speedway millions to inform them of th'mathematical permutations concerning th'outcome of t'meeting!!!

'Andreas' not been given a hell of a lot of time to sort himself out considering he's just been through the fence'

'Mechanics are more stressed at GP's than the riders', quoth th'Immigration Officer Louis politely pushing his luck with sweet natured Keith!!!

Heat 5. Rerun

Adams from the gate AJ tussles with Richardson

AJ shakes GB Minimum Man off chases brilliantly after Adams overtaking him on the line

'Fantastic race from a man who was put through the fence 3 minutes ago', quoth th'astute Pearson

Heat 6.

Rickardsson 3 B Pedersen 2 Hancock 1 Gollob 0

T/R sails majestically on B/P tussles with Hancock Gollob fails to finish the race

'The travelling fans said T/R won't be motivated' gasps TV pundit Nigel

'Surely he has to go for that seventh title'!!!

'He has to hasn't he', quoth th'astute Kelv

(Do you cheps really think he will', chuckled th'polite Mr. C entering into t'spirit of peace, love and understanding emanating from t'UK studio)???

'Looking forward to Monday Kelv', quoth Pearson???

'Yep can't wait I'm off to Coventry it will be a terrific match', quoth th'astute Kelv

('So am I', chuckled Uncle Mr Clemens to his wicked sen 'small world innit eh what)???

'Don't write off Eastbourne at Belle Vue Eastbourne will be fired up', quoth Nigel obviously having made t'connection to th'mystical vibration eh what HOW!!!

Heat 7.

Crump 3 H Andersen 2 S Andersen 1 Zagar 0

Tight start Zagar falls after tangling with Hans Andersen and is excluded. Th'intrepid TV pundits watch an action replay of the incident

'Nasty looking incident that', comments the always concerned Kelvin when a rider is involved in a serious crash 'That feeling is awful'

'You know Kelv', quoth Nigel, 'knowing bugg*r all about riding a speedway bike what is going through your mind???

'Not very much has it happens so quickly', quoth th'very experienced three time World Longtrack Champion Kelvin Tatum

'Oh dear me what's happened here', offers Nigel also imbued with the infectious air of politeness floating through t'SKY presentation team???

'Oh darn it', quoth Kelvin succumbing to th'lucky SKY Sweetness Bug

Keith talks to Uncle Sam about the atmosphere at Lonigo and track in general

'Sorry Chris you'll get a chance to talk in a minute it's nothing personal', quoth Keith sweetly as th'lucky Sky Sweetness Bug drifts slowly through th'Land of Milk and Honey Sky Studios eh what???

('Heaven I'm in Heaven', chuckled wicked old Uncle Mr Clemens to his sen

The Green Mile that's what death row eh Poole you mean)???

Rerun

Great start from H Andersen but allows Crump to pass him

Heat 8.

N. Pedersen 3 Chrzanowski 2 Povazhny 1 Lindback 0

N/P tussles with a fiery Lindback who loses power gifting N/P 3 points

'It was just bad luck', quoth th'astute Kelv

(During the break a debate concerning the future of the GP's takes place too detailed to go through here all the arguments are well debated elsewhere but one conclusion is that young riders will need the proper financial backing)

Heat 9.

B. Pedersen 3 Jonsson 2 Lindback 1 Zagar 0

Pedersen from gate great tussle between Jonsson/Lindback for 2nd place

Heat 10.

Crump 3 Richardson 2 Gollob 1 Povazhny 0

Povazhny gates but passed by Crump Gollob and Richardson

Richardson passing Gollob in the same move

'Crump looks hungry and determined', quoth th'astute Kelv

Heat 11.

T/3 3 Adams 2 Chrzanowski 1 S Andersen

Chrzanowski away first Adams follows T/R third

'T/R is relegated to third but he will calculate his move', quoth th'increasingly mathematically and mystically minded Pearson???

T/R passes Chrzanowski and Adams in one sweep from third to first

'I said he would calculate his move', yells a thrilled Pearson in tune with the mindset of a six times world champion

'He was absolutely spot on with his calculations just like me'!!!

Calculatingly mathematically mystically minded or what eh HOW!!!!

('Tha'd best watch out for thi sen Uncle Mr Clemens', chuckled th'wicked nephew, 'Pearson will be doing thi out of a job soon'

'None of these mystically minded mathematics adds up' muttered Mr. Clemens to his sen)

'Rickardsson's just showing once again why he's world champion', quoth a suitably impressed with, Pearson that is, Kelvin!!!

The King of Speedway chuckles in t'pits at his magical prowess

Heat 12.

Nicholls 3 H Andersen 2 Hancock 1 N Pedersen

N/P, Andersen, Nicholls play dodgem cars with each other while Hancock jets away

Nicholls getting a grip on the track at last comes from the back to gain his first points of the night

Time out

Has the studio pundits discuss, who might or might not make it to sit and dine at the Speedway Round Table, by the end of the night, the wicked truth as to why the GP came on late is suddenly revealed

Cutting off in mid sentence a slightly but politely miffed Chris Louis, TV Pundit Keith reveals all

'You have a great situation here as well Sam', quoth Keith, 'cos you reckon as Agassi won his match tonight and went through to the final Greg Hancock will win tonight'!!!

'Yeah he'll win', grins a chuckling Uncle Sam 'it's short sweet and simple'

('Too bleedin right it is', quoth senile myopic Uncle Mr Clemens seeing th'mystical truth in one blinding visionary moment!!!

'What is it that troubles you oh mystical Uncle', quoth th'startled nephew???

'Th'bleeding reason Grand Prix was late starting was cos Uncle chuffing Sam was watching t'bleedin tennis', game set and match or bleedin what eh)!!!!

Modest T/R plays down his chances of sweeping the entire field in this GP

'T/R's finding it hard to get motivated', quoth Uncle Sam trying to mystically,

mathematically calculate why T/R has scored just nine points???

A thankfully happy, stress free and peaceful looking Jason Crump even less motivated on eight points???

'It must be difficult to motivate yourself', quoth Keith when you've lost the overall championship???

'You talking to me', quoth t'kid from th'mean streets Robert de Ermelenko

'You sure you're talking to me???

'Yep' quoth sweet Keith

'Well ask Chris chuffin Louis cos I'm watching t'bleedin tennis!!!

Heat 13.

T/R 3 Jonsson 2 H Andersen 1 Povazhny 0

Masterful T/R runs wide to pass Andersen AJ under Andersen

Heat 14.

Nicholls 3 Zagar 2 Gollob 1 Chrzanowski 0

'The unpredictable Gollob is well unpredictable', quoth th'increasingly mystically minded TV Pundit Nigel!!!

Gollob first away Nicholls misses start clouts Chrzanowski Gollob all at sea trying to find his way back to the magic of Bydgoszcz

Heat 15.

Lindback 3 Hancock 2 Richardson 1 S Andersen 0

Richardson tussles with Lindback leads race but passed by Lindback then Hancock Richardson struggling to make semis

Heat 16.

Adams 3 B Pedersen 2 Crump 1 N Pedersen 0

Bumpy first bend leaves Crump struggling to stay on his bike has he his pushed violently out of shape by the combined efforts of both Pedersens

Adams takes advantage of the melee to gain three very necessary points

'Crump could have perhaps laid his bike down to get a rerun', quoth Kelv has Crump battles into third place

The irate Crump berates the Polish referee enquiring not at all politely

if he has to be put through the fence before a rerun is awarded

All the TV pundits agree that the referee should have stopped the race.

Convinced of John Poslethwaite's th'absolute power over th'mind, body and t'soul of speedway TV Pundit Keith hands t'speedway watching millions over to an interview of th'boss of BSI???

An inebriated looking John Postlethwaite is asked who is likely to be included in next years Speedway Grand Prix series

'I ought to tell you to mind your own bleedin' business', quoth bleary eyed Possy 'but seeing has it's party time I will sing you a little song instead

Music maestro please ah one ah two ah three ah

'It's my Speedway

and I will do what I want to

pick who I want to

choose who I want to

you would do too

if it happened to you

All right everyone altogether now sing'!!!

Th'combined choirs of th'Speedway supporting millions

in complete harmony with th'FIM selection committee and BSI sing

'It's John's speedway

and he'll do what he wants to

pick who he wants to

chose who he wants to

as we would do too

if we were in Johnny's shoes

do be doo do be day oh yeah'!!!!

'Now bugg*r off', quoth Possy to th'interviewing minion

Heat 17.

Crump 3 Jonsson 2 Hancock 1 Chrzanowski 0

Crump gates Jonsson Hancock battles to remain in contention but will remain fifth in the world overall

Heat 18.

Adams 3 Gollob 2 H Andersen 1 Lindback 0

Lindback excluded for touching the tapes by unpredictable Polish referee

'Lindbach's a nervous starter', quoth Pearson

'He's the one who touched the tapes', quoth th'astute Kelv

'There was a time in the days of Ivan Mauger et al when you could touch the tapes', reminisces Nigel

'Ivan would roll back and forward touching the tapes', fraudulent or what eh???

Italian reserve comes in in place of Lindback but fails to score

Gollob tries to sweep round fast gating Adams but ends up struggling to keep

Andersen in third place

Adams in first place putting himself on a par with Nicki Pedersen in the overall championship

Gollob comes alive just in time to secure his place in next years GP

Heat 19.

Povazhny 3 B Pedersen 2 S Andersen 1 Nicholls 0

Nicholls/Povazhny collide shuttle Pedersen into fence in the first turn race stopped TV Pundits no ones fault all four back in

Pedersen suffers heavy thump on the head by his own bike ricocheting off the fence race stopped all four back. Nicholls the meat in the sandwich

Rerun

Andersen in front

Nicholls' bike loses power depriving him of the one point he needs to get into the semis

Povazhny crosses line first waving his arms in triumph

'You'd think he'd won the world championship', chuckles Pearson

'He's going to write that one down in his diary', chuckles Kelvin

'I've won this'!!!

Nicholls hobbles off towards the changing rooms in apparent self-disgust

but a mystical mist of confusion descends on the permutations and calculations of riders and TV Pundits alike, has this exciting meeting comes to a climax

Fate holds a strange twist of fate in reservefor the deserving ????

Heat 20

T/R 3 Richardson 2 Zagar 1 N Pedersen 0

N/P dices with Zagar for third place

N/P steams under Zagar pushing him violently into the fence

Lady luck puts Nicholls back in contention

Lee Richardson has a second chance too,

looking to pull of a lucky GB Maximum Man style late run to the GP final

has he did at Bydgoszcz

'This has been a complete final tonight', Pearson's accurate assessment of this climactic meeting

Rickardsson back to his best after struggling in Bydgoszcz to complete his world championship campaign

Leigh Adams on the verge of joining T/R on the rostrum

Rerun

Richardson battles up the inside but T/R swiftly pulls away

'There no favours from Rickardsson for Richardson', says Kelvin

Nicholls confirmed in the semi final >>> with the one of the lowest scores in a GP

Uncle Sam calculates that Nicholls has gone through, everyone concurs!!!

Though there is an assumption that certain riders will be chosen as 'wild cards' to represent their country

Nicholls/Richardson show their calibre chosing to gain their place on merit despite the more than possible 'gifted' places that will be open to one or both of them as Great Britain's representatives

Ole Olson tells Italian bingo caller to hurry up and get on with the draw for semi final places

Semi final One

First Rickardsson Second Hancock Third H Andersen Fourth B Pedersen

Rickardsson majestic from the gate

Quick thinking move up inside line from Hancock guarantees his place in the final

'Who's to say he can't do it again next year' says Pearson of six times world champion Rickardsson

Semi final two

First Crump Second Adams Third Nicholls Fourth Jonsson

Nicholls dragged from out of the the changing rooms tangles with Jonsson

AJ excluded. Jonsson takes up the issue with the Polish referee

'Look at my start', pleads Jonsonn

'Look at the wideo'!!!

Eh what???

'Sorry I don't have the time mate ' responds the Polish referee

'I am watching 'Tennus'!!!

Nicholls up against it off of gate 4 with two Australians barring his way to the final and a guaranteed place among the Knights at the Speedway Round Table

'Dare I say it Kelvin, dare I say it. I'm not suggesting this.

I am just asking and perhaps suggesting,

that Jason Crump would rather like to see Leigh Adams third in the world has a fellow Australian', quoth speculative Pearson???

'Hmm there is that to it of course', chuckles Kelv ruefully contemplating Nicholls' missed opportunities during the season

Rerun

Nicholls misses the start

Crump in lead looking over his shoulder to ensure Adams remains in second place to clinch his rostrum position

Final

First Rickardsson Second Crump Third Hancock Fourth Adams

'Whose your money on Sam', quoth th'polite Keith sensing the last drama is imminent

'It's got to be T/R' quoth Uncle Sam

'Well that's boring' quoth Keith

'I'm equally as boring', chuckles Chris Louis

'Whose your money on then Keith', quoth t'playful Chris Louis.

'Don't be boring'???

Eh what, Keith boring, nivver!!!

'I'm going on the Sam Ermalenko theory that has Agassi won his final

Greg will win, but I'd like to see Crumpie win too I'm just an old softy really'

An exhausted reflective Nicky Pedersen unwilling to place fault on anything vows to return to the rostrum in the future

The unbeaten King of all he surveys leads the procession of the Grand Knights of Speedway, in the newly established order of ranking, in four circuits of the Speedway Round Table, to the acclaim of the speedway supporting millions

Tony Rickardsson wins his sixth world title, his sixth grand prix, in seven immaculate races

Congratulations

To Jason Crump

To Leigh Adams

To Greg Hancock

To Nicki Pedersen

Bjarne Pedersen

Tomasz Gollob

Andreas Jonsson

And to all those other riders who gave to the speedway world this grand occasion

And to

Kelvin Tatum

Nigel Pearson

Keith Huet

Sam Ermalenko

Chris Louis

Who played their not inconsiderable part in the dramas of the Speedway Grand Prix 2005

Everything is at Sixes and Sevens in the Temples of Heaven

When watching the live edition of this event, I felt somewhat deprived of the anticipated experience of the drama of the final grand prix

It was only with writing these words, that it became evident, that the true heart and soul of those who practice the art of riding speedway, was on display in the final Grand Prix of the season

A Grand Experience all round

Edited by Mr. Clemens

You are our very own Stuart Hall Mr Clemens.

Superb!

Reading Mr Clemens' report was a hell of a lot more entertaining than the tripe that was served up at Lonigo. Mr Clemens it didn't deserve such a sterling report. It was awful.

Reading Mr Clemens' report was a hell of a lot more entertaining than the tripe that was served up at Lonigo. Mr Clemens it didn't deserve such a sterling report. It was awful.

All - I've just met Mr Clemens at Brandon tonight - what a character ! complete with woolly Halifax Dukes jumper circa late 70's.

To translate his posts (hats off to him for typing them) simpley recite them with a yorkshire accent - it works !