British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
morganbike

Round 6 Under 15's British Championship

Well done to all the boys, excellent entertainment, well done to Ben Hopwood for finishing 3rd.

The little guy Joe Haines was great, don't know that much about him maybe, somebody will come on and let me know a bit about him.

Spin King What is there to say !

Joe has beeen on youth grasstrack since age 6 and is without doubt the best youth rider we have seen for years.He has always been 2 years in age behind Auty and 1 year behind Taylor but has comfotably beat them at most meets.He has many wins under his belt both in the UK and at International level in France.He is he 2005 British Inters youth Grasstrack Champ.The most pleasing part of his domineering display at Sheffield is that his Sponsors were present and have made the dedication to support him more.

This internet world we live in does not give justice to those that are hid behind the scenes and fortunately he has proved his worth.Not many of the riders are computer aware and Certain kids are hyped up to the hilt on this and other forums by Adults who are only looking at second half riding at their home tracks but the youth speedway scene is a fast growing devolpement and narrow mindness from certain individuals promotes youth riders in an unfair way.

I find it hard to understand how you can say you know nothing about Joe.The SPEEDWAY STAR is the only magazine that publisizes the Race Results throughout the UK.He is in there week in week out in the grasstrack section, as are many of the under 15's who ride on the grass so maybe its time you and many others took time too read about these youngsters in the grasstrack section !.

Phil

Edited by morganbike

Spin King What is there to say !

Joe has beeen on youth grasstrack since age 6 and is without doubt the best youth rider we have seen for years.He has always been 2 years in age behind Auty and 1 year  behind Taylor but has comfotably beat them at most meets.He has many wins under his belt both in the UK and at International level in France.He is he 2005 British Inters youth Grasstrack Champ.The most pleasing part of his domineering display at Sheffield is that his Sponsors were present and have made the dedication to support him more.

This internet world we live in does not give justice to those that are hid behind the scenes and fortunately he has proved his worth.Not many of the riders are computer aware and Certain kids are hyped up to the hilt on this and other forums by Adults who are only looking at second half riding at their home tracks but the youth speedway scene is a fast growing devolpement and narrow mindness  from certain individuals promotes youth riders in an unfair way.

I find it hard to understand how you can say you know nothing about Joe.The SPEEDWAY STAR is the only magazine that publisizes the Race Results throughout the UK.He is in there week in week out in the grasstrack section, as are many of the under 15's who ride on the grass so maybe its time you and many others took time too read about these youngsters in the grasstrack section !.

Phil

Thanks for the information, Joe is a fine prospect and deserve the win, if fact I hope Mr Machin keeps a close eye on him because he took to the Sheffield track very well. Glad to hear his sponsors were there to witness his fine display, and I wish him luck for the future.

Thanks for the information, Joe is a fine prospect and deserve the win, if fact I hope Mr Machin keeps a close eye on him because he took to the Sheffield track very well. Glad to hear his sponsors were there to witness his fine display, and I wish him luck for the future.

As with Auty, Machin can keep close eyes on many good riders but it is common knowledge they would be fools to commit to the sheffield track at an early age.

Phil

16. Dan Kirkman 0,X,0 =0

Dan only took two rides - crashed on last lap of his first ride while 2nd and on lap two of his second while a long way in front and then had to be withdrawn with a shoulder injury.

Fotunately he was back on song at Scunny yesterday in the competitive training session with four wins and a second in the races.

BriG

Dan only took two rides - crashed on last lap of his first ride while 2nd and on lap two of his second while a long way in front and then had to be withdrawn with a shoulder injury.

Fotunately he was back on song at Scunny yesterday in the competitive training session with four wins and a second in the races.

BriG

well done dan, hope ur ok :)

gd luck 4 the future

speak soon

beth xx

Can I ask WHY?

Certainly, IN MY OPINION

Sheffield is what I call a 3 B's track.You need no BRAINS, big BALLS and an endless BANK balance to go that fast week after week.

The motors and set ups used by riders at Sheffield are useless elsewhere and so you need one bike for that track.The motors will need more regular services and when one blows there at high revs it is likely to cost a lot to fix.

The chances of an injury ruling the rider out for a long period of time are higher than at other tracks due to the higher racing speeds.

The learning curve and progression of a young rider at sheffield will take longer due to the inability to experience how to turn a bike tightly and controll the wheel spin to jump out of slow speed corners.Blaster tracks can't give you this.

ETC ETC

Would this suit a 15 year old on £5.00 a point ?.

Of course there are riders who have been succesfull starting out their and Ben Wilson is the most recent.He can ride the smaller tracks away from home but has learn't on the sheff training track!. Luke Priest learn't from Grasstrack before he went their a while ago.

Im sure many will disagree with me but it's my view on the track.