British Speedway Forum
SCB

Confirmed Wildcards Are.....

I hate this lark, lets just have qualifiers for gods sake, no politics involved . The top 8 qualify for the next season, the next seven qualify through the qualifiers + 1 wild card. Easy and above board.

Maybe too easy !!!!!

Can't quite see why Andersen hasn't been named yet....

The only reason I can think of is that they are considering Iversen. (don't think Bjerre is a possibility, far too much a gamble considering his injuries(same goes with Rory Schlein as it happens, think he would have been in with a shot))

Guest Shale Eater

Hampel - yes

Lindback - yes

Nicholls - yes

Richardson is a very lucky boy to get in. Don't think Hans will be happy with that as he finished ahead of Lee especially if he misses out on the other 3 spots. Lee will have to be top 8 next year as I can't see him getting another chance.

Of the other 3 Zagar has to be a definate and then it's a toss up between 4 riders - Iversen/Andersen and Protasiewicz/Kasprzak

Andersen's got to be a worried boy. Maybe BSI are hoping Meridian Lifts will stump up some more money to secure his entrance. Yes, that's how shameful the GP circus now appears to be. Well done BSI, you've managed to shatter the integrity of the world championship.

I can't understand why Richardson is in but Andersen isn't. But there you go. Fair enough.

I think it should be sorted out by qualifiers, with a lone wildcard. I'd rather see riders in there on merit (albeit a one-off meeting) than be 'nominated'. But again, there you go.

Edited by DartfordHammer

If there's any justice the others will be Andersen, Kasprzak and Iversen, but there can't be any justice as Richardson is in. :unsure:

I can't understand why Richardson is in but Andersen isn't. But there you go. Fair enough.

I think it should be sorted out by qualifiers, with a lone wildcard. I'd rather see riders in there on merit (albeit a one-off meeting) than be 'nominated'. But again, there you go.

the trouble with a one off qualification meeting, is you will pretty much always get a rider who qualifies, who isnt up to the gp standard

Well actually I don't think it is fair enough. Looking at the stats Andersen made five semi's and one final. Richardson one semi and one final. Richardson gets an entry, bizarre. Of the others already named, Andersen made more semi finals than any of them. Admittedly Hampel missed three GP's and Lindback made two finals, but none of them made as many semi's. To say he's been harshly treated is an understatement.

I do also think there should be some sort of qualification system, but can't see it happening.

I understand what you're saying about why is it Lee and no Anderson, but why the Brits are saying he shouldn't be in is beyond me!

Well, put it like this. We should really have two Brits, right?

Scott Nicholls - No question about it, he deserves it, being the British best.

Lee Richardson - Came 2nd in a GP, and who else replaces him...

Simon Stead - Excellent, this lad is. But not ready for GP just yet.

Chris Harris - Same as Steady, will get a chance when he is ready.

David Norris - Had a bad injury, and is not at his best currently. Might get the WC again, but not a fixed place.

Mark Loram - Now for me, he is THE best of the Brits! BUT, has been nursing a lot of injuries, and also had a weird season(had his moments, but not at his best).

Edward Kennett - Was a Cardiff reserve this year(I think!!!)but is no where near ready for the GP.

Well, there ya have it ladies and gentlemen. Now, take your pick on who can replace Richardson....exactly, no one!!!!!

I can't see how they can defenestrate Andersen now.

Subed, the thought of throwing Mr Andersen out of a window [any window] horrifies me! :shock:

Edited by BertHoven

Mark is still a huge crowd puller due to his amazing riding style and the fact that he is such a nice bloke and always so approachable!  :wink:

Hardly the qualifications of a present day GP rider though, Tabby. Personally, I have always held Mr Loram in high regard and I still have a great respect for his ability as a team man. I do feel, however, that league racing is where he should now concentrate his ability.

Well, put it like this. We should really have two Brits, right?

WRONG.

If they're not good enough (and they aren't, or they'd have qualified), they shouldn't be there.

I hate this lark, lets just have qualifiers for gods sake, no politics involved .  The top 8 qualify for the next season, the next seven qualify  through  the qualifiers + 1 wild card. Easy and above board.

Maybe too easy !!!!!

.......also too honest, too straightforward, and, above all, too sporting!

WRONG.

If they're not good enough (and they aren't, or they'd have qualified), they shouldn't be there.

Well Scott Nicholls should defo have a place. Lee then...if he's not good enough, which British rider is? Unless of course he was replaced by Zagar, Bjerre, Iversen, although I think they will want 2 Brits(Dunno why, just think they will).

Well Scott Nicholls should defo have a place.

Why?

Lee then...if he's not good enough, which British rider is?

Lee Richardson isn't good enough (or he'd have qualified), neither is Nicholls (or he'd have qualified) and nor is any one else. But that's our problem. Find someone who is good enough and don't just rely on the charity of BSI and the FIM.

Nicholls and Richardson are in because they're British. It's the only reason they're in. They don't deserve it. It's shameful.