British Speedway Forum

To all those people who think Lee Richardson doesn't deserve to be in the GP's.

WHO WOULD YOU REPLACE HIM WITH?

Loram - had his best days.

Stead - Not good enough

Harris - Not good enough.

That's about it for British riders.

I do think there should be some sort of qualifying rounds to get in if you miss out on the top eight, but under the current rules then Nicholls and Richardson have to be in.

I guess we would have to wait for his passport to come through,but Holta would be my choice B)

maybe Ferjan if he can get one quicker :D

Edited by iris123

Loram - had his best days.

Stead - Not good enough

Harris - Not good enough.

That's about it for British riders.

And why do we have to have British no-hopers in the GPs? There's a Czech GP, but no Czech rider last season and there's a Slovenian GP but no Slovenian rider last season. And there's a British GP and for next season there should be no British rider.

And why do we have to have British no-hopers in the GPs? There's a Czech GP, but no Czech rider last season and there's a Slovenian GP but no Slovenian rider last season. And there's a British GP and for next season there should be no British rider.

Cardiff is the biggest event on the GP calendar - they have to sell some tickets.

You may not like it, but those are the facts.

Regardless of that, it you fill the line-up with Slovenians and Czechs in preference to superior British riders, then the GP series will be poorer for it.

Our two Brits may have missed out on the top eight, but they've hardly been failures - they are both still within the top 16 riders in the world on all tracks around the world.

That's good enough for me.

Cardiff is the biggest event on the GP calendar - they have to sell some tickets.

If that's the case, Loram would sell more tickets than either Richardson or Nicholls.

Our two Brits may have missed out on the top eight, but they've hardly been failures - they are both still within the top 16 riders in the world on all tracks around the world.

That's good enough for me.

Lee's 7.04(after 5 matches) ave in Poland puts him at about 24th position in the league at the moment....so :unsure:

Sube - you're very vocal in your opinion that Scott and Lee shouldn't be in next year. I'm just wondering who you would name as the remaining non-qualifying riders who you feel should be in there. We're aware who you think shouldn't be - but who do you think should? ;)

You must have an idea - you can't simply damn then with no reply on who you think is more entitled to those places. :P

Edited by rabbit

If that's the case, Loram would sell more tickets than either Richardson or Nicholls.

maybe to some... :P

Lee's 7.04(after 5 matches) ave in Poland puts him at about 24th position in the league at the moment....so :unsure:

and your point is ??? :blink::rolleyes::P

My point Jill is you can't make sweeping statements like "they are in the top 16 on all tracks around the world",if there are facts that don't back this up.If we use the Swedish league aves,then Lee comes in at no16 :D .Looking good,but then Crump is missing.Oh no,your out :( Who else is missing, i can't be bothered to look.But,like i said before the GP's are not league speedway.I think he should be in,but you can't justify it with league averages

1..TR

2..JC

3..Leigh Adams

4..Nicki P

5..G Hancock

6..BP

7..TG

8..Andreas Jonsson

9..Jaroslaw Hampel

10..Antonio Lindback

11..Kenneth Bjerre

12..Krzysztof Kasprzak

13..Janusz Kolodziej

14..Matej Zagar

15..Lukas Dryml

But i think Liesdale ment all tracks as in the GP tracks ?? well thats how i picked it up anyways.

But i think Liesdale ment all tracks as in the GP tracks ?? well thats how i picked it up anyways.

No he couldn't have meant that because those riders in the GP's are bound to be better,no one else can get the chance to prove otherwise :o

No he couldn't have meant that because those riders in the GP's are bound to be better,no one else can get the chance to prove otherwise :o

I meant all the leagues combined, not just one set of league averages.

Lukas i think does better in the GP's than in the league... some riders ride better when riding for themself and i think he is one of them

Edited by jill

9..Jaroslaw Hampel

10..Antonio Lindback

11..Kenneth Bjerre

12..Krzysztof Kasprzak

13..Janusz Kolodziej

14..Matej Zagar

15..Lukas Dryml

With all due respect Sube - and ignoring Anton and Hampel as they're already nominated - the sum of the other riders you've added would water down the GP series significantly. I want to see the World's top 16 riders, and those aren't it I'm afraid - by a long shot. At least yet - IMO. Whatever you think about the merits of Andersen, Sullivan (fully fit, not the pale shadow of his former self from this season which i think will see him dropped in '06), Nicholls and Richardson, they are in the top 16 in the world and so should be in the series. The top 8 cutoff is simply that - a cutoff. Personally I think it should be top 12 and then 3 nominated plus a wildcard but hey, you can't have it all. Maybe one or two out of your 5 might get in next year, but they none of them at present have any claim over the two Brits on current form. Think even Holta or PK would be able to have more right to a place than some of those at present.