British Speedway Forum

Well we'll never know now as we have Scott and whatshisface riding :rolleyes:

It is a pity that he's a shadow of his former self as he was fantastic to watch at his best.

Some riders have ridden on too long (Peter Collins for example) and left a slightly watered down legacy as a result.

Yet, in a couple of years time, maybe people will be saying TR retired too soon.

It's a difficult one. I don't think PC's declining years will effect how those who saw him in his prime remember his career. The same with the Sudden one. Nothing can affect my memories of the glory years of Sam Ermolenko. And I'll tell you he looked pretty good on track at Workington in the Stonehewer testimonial.

Edited by Subedei

And on that we can agree, Subedei! I think no less of PC in the days after his comeback, his mobility impaired by severe shoulder injuries. He was and always will be my teenage idol!

Well we'll never know now as we have Scott and whatshisface riding  :rolleyes:

Well we did at the last set of gp's that mark was in he was on his way home before you could say lee richardson and i sure no one wants to see mark in that state again would be like a boxer who had one fight to many :sad:

Well we did at the last set of gp's that mark was in he was on his way home before you could say lee richardson and i sure no one wants to see mark in that state again would be like a boxer who had one fight to many  :sad:

The format is different now and more GP's are being held on "real" speedway circuits!

You are all so easy to write Mark off as a has-been, he is still one of the top Brits and anyone who was at Eastbourne last Saturday would I am sure say that Heat 15 was true Mark Loram style at it's best!

Of course not - Bruce Penhall retired in 1982.

Ah, but he wasn't BP. He was, apparently, "Juicy Brucie". So that'd make him JB. Or was that John Berry?

The format is different now and more GP's are being held on "real" speedway circuits!

You are all so easy to write Mark off as a has-been, he is still one of the top Brits and anyone who was at Eastbourne last Saturday would I am sure say that Heat 15 was true Mark Loram style at it's best!

saying he is one of the top brits no longer holds water in world speedway.

In wha other country would David McAllan make the national final. ( no disrespect to David McAllan)

Once you get past Nicholls and Richardson there really isn't much at all.

saying he is one of the top brits no longer holds water in world speedway.

In wha other country would David McAllan make the national final. ( no disrespect to David McAllan)

Once you get past Nicholls and Richardson there really isn't much at all.

when you look at all the really good riders coming out of poland, denmark, sweden and see all the great kids not many people have heard of over here it sinks in that we have no up and coming world class riders.

Yet, in a couple of years time, maybe people will be saying TR retired too soon.

It's a difficult one. I don't think PC's declining years will effect how those who saw him in his prime remember his career. The same with the Sudden one. Nothing can affect my memories of the glory years of Sam Ermolenko. And I'll tell you he looked pretty good on track at Workington in the Stonehewer testimonial.

Sam always looks good and dont think you have seen the last of him yet !

Speak for yourself

Thats exactly what i did :approve::P:wink:

Looks like only I read it though :wink::P

Edited by shazzybird