British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ozyace

West Australian U16 Title & Best Pairs.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

How did the commentating go by the way Ozyace ?

I did a little bit at Broadford last year and it can be intimidating but rewarding at the same time, especially when people you don't know come up to you after the meeting and say you did ok. It's a steep learning curve all the same. The worst thing is when you have guys appear on the track you have never seen before who aren't riding in the race that is on the bit of paper that's in front of you and you have to make it up as you go along.

I am lucky because the regular guy who does the commentary who I share with is easy to get on with, makes me feel relaxed and is very encouraging. Bryn has nothing to worry about though, he can gladly have his seat back when he is here !!

There were a few times I knew I got things wrong but hopefully they were in the minority and I hope people have short memories !!

I agree WWTBP, and at that stage is it all about speed anway ? I would have thought learning to slide the bike, learning track craft, getting used to being in close proximity to other riders,and learning to lay the bike down if they need to would be more important than outright speed.

You'd be surprised at the win at all costs attitude Lunchy.

Some of the 125's go like the clappers and I'm certain if someone comes out with something quicker there will be a glut of cashed up parents equal to the task.

Of course there's the age old theory that you still have to ride the thing but it does help to have the extra speed.

Does anyone know where I can get a front tyre for a Junior bike, the new 19 inch proper speedway tyres?

Does anyone know where I can get a front tyre for a Junior bike, the new 19 inch proper speedway tyres?

Yes Rob Leirsh has them i believe.Look him up at www.shupa.com or something like that.

Regards Darrell

Chopper,

I know of a couple of Queenslanders who will be competing in the South Australian Under 16 Championship.

Do you know how many locals are riding in this meeting? When the cutoff for outside nominations is?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Chopper,

I know of a couple of Queenslanders who will be competing in the South Australian Under 16 Championship.

Do you know how many locals are riding in this meeting? When the cutoff for outside nominations is?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Hi, the last i heard there were eleven riders nominated for the title, at present we only have about six local riders so i presume the rest must be from out of town.

Unfortunately we are running the same night as the victorian titles, as we have a regular group of riders that come over.I was under the impression that nominations closed on the 10th of october but dont quote me on that check the sidewinders web site as the sup regs are on there.If anyone coming over needs any help on anything dont hesitate to get in touch.

Regards Darrell drb125@adam.com.au

Hi, the last i heard there were eleven riders nominated for the title, at present we only have about six local riders so i presume the rest must be from out of town.

Unfortunately we are running the same night as the victorian titles, as we have a regular group of riders that come over.I was under the impression that nominations closed on the 10th of october but dont quote me on that check the sidewinders web site as the sup regs are on there.If anyone coming over needs any help on anything dont hesitate to get in touch.

Regards Darrell          drb125@adam.com.au

Thanks Darrell,

I was thinking about making the trip but I've left it too late now.

The QLD number's 1, 2, and 3 have all nominated.

Will email you.

Hi just got back from a meeting and it is not too late to nominate for the south aust state title.Would be prepared to help you out in any way possible if you decided to come down.

Regards Darrell